Calling all sufferers from O.C.D

Bella BoffinBella Boffin Posts: 6,561
Forum Member
I have OCD and on that score alone found BB8 intolerable.

How does Nikki Grahame cope in the Big Brother house?

Comments

• beemohbeemoh Posts: 7,073
    Forum Member
    I have OCD and on that score alone found BB8 intolerable.

How does Nikki Grahame cope in the Big Brother house?

Endlessly counting Coolio's remaining hairs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Walking up to the Diary Room door and pressing the button so she can request some cleaning wipes, then walking away and walking back to check she had actually pressed the button, repeat, could waste a good few hours doing that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found BB8 pretty intolerable too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure to be honest, I think it would depend what she has OCD about?

I don't know if I'd be able to cope with being in the BB house at all, I have OCD when it comes to cleanliness, I have to carry an antiseptic handwash gel with me at all times, am constantly washing my hands and I don't use my bare skin to open doors, I have to use my sleeve. I'm also starting to develop OCD about neatness and organisation, everything has to be straight, and organised. But I'd like to think I'd be able to control it as much as possible in the BB house, perhaps Nikki is trying to do the same.
  • MisoSoupMisoSoup Posts: 14,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO - it's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order - LIKE THEY SHOULD BE!
  • beemohbeemoh Posts: 7,073
    Forum Member
    MisoSoup wrote: »
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO - it's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order - LIKE THEY SHOULD BE!

You sure they shouldn't be in reverse order?
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Iffe is the other one who springs to mind this year. She found it almost intolerable at first in there which left her in a constant state of anxiety. She would have to stay up half the night cleaning which left her exhausted the next day.
  • SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs_Lovely wrote: »
    Walking up to the Diary Room door and pressing the button so she can request some cleaning wipes, then walking away and walking back to check she had actually pressed the button, repeat, could waste a good few hours doing that.

I didn't know she suffered from that.....had a neighbour had to do that checking her back door was locked every time she went out......back and forward for ages..... shame.....
  • Bella BoffinBella Boffin Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member

:D

* Bella dips Miso's post in neat bleach and plans to marry xButterfly Wingx (though ONE wing sounds a bit of a worry) *
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do you have a problem with OCD not being in alphabetical order, and have to list letters in alphabetical order ?
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    "Suffering" is a disabling word. I have O.C.D but I most certainly don't suffer from it. I live with it. Much more enabling and makes life easier.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Sunnydays wrote: »
    I didn't know she suffered from that.....had a neighbour had to do that checking her back door was locked every time she went out......back and forward for ages..... shame.....

Didnt know you had been watching me :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    betsey69 wrote: »
    Didnt know you had been watching me :)

Oh lololol.....:D ........ I am a voyeur really....:p.........or is it a voyeuse.....:confused:

I am a kleptomaniac....... I steal things.....:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D

* Bella dips Miso's post in neat bleach and plans to marry xButterfly Wingx (though ONE wing sounds a bit of a worry) *

Lol it was meant to be wings* (I like butterflys :D) but made a bit of a mistake when typing in my username when signing up for the forums :o
    Forum Member
    Oh lololol.....:D ........ I am a voyeur really....:p.........or is it a voyeuse.....:confused:

Didn't even think I had OCD until I came on here!
    cant stay though, have to go and check the doors locked:D
  • Bella BoffinBella Boffin Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member

You could take something for it.

:o
  • CoefficientCoefficient Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    i wish i could hire a cleaner with OCD, i'd get my moneys worth;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could take something for it.

:o

Oh I love it.....funnier on the boards today than on t.v. :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't even think I had OCD until I came on here!
    cant stay though, have to go and check the doors locked:D

I always check that the windows at the back of the house are closed, after I lock the door.......even though I am almost sure they are.......just to make sure......:confused:
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member

:D:D:D That's one of the best posts today.

Shouldn't laugh though, OCD must be horrible and life controlling. My commiserations to the OP.
    Forum Member
    I always check that the windows at the back of the house are closed, after I lock the door.......even though I am almost sure they are.......just to make sure......:confused:

that's how it started with me, it's a slippery slope.........
    only joking :D:)

Did actually go out once and forgot to lock the door, think this is where it came from. Do you think I have a genuine problem, or just need a 'klep' round the ear.

cant stay, have to go and check the irons turned off ... :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that's how it started with me, it's a slippery slope.........
    only joking :D:)

Did actually go out once and forgot to lock the door, think this is where it came from. Do you think I have a genuine problem, or just need a 'klep' round the ear.

cant stay, have to go and check the irons turned off ... :)

Luckily no problems in that direction, just the going upstairs and then forgetting why I was there, only to come downstairs and remember again.....:)

Same with you, I think that is usual.....klep round the ear.....lol...:p
    Forum Member
    Luckily no problems in that direction, just the going upstairs and then forgetting why I was there, only to come downstairs and remember again.....:)

Same with you, I think that is usual.....klep round the ear.....lol...:p

OMG, I do that to, this is getting scary, what with us being neighbours AND having the same symptoms! :) I like you sunny days, you've cheered me up.

Gotta go though, just gotta check all the tins are round the right way.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't have a problem with cleanliness.
    i have a thing with numbers... i have to do certain things a certain number of times (for example i have to sip out a cup 4 times on each side of my mouth...) so i think i'd be fine.
  • Bad JujuBad Juju Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have COD, I'm also dyslexic.

I wouldn't cope with me COD in that house, I haven't got the cleanliness thing, but crikey, there would be difficulties there.