Will people on here have a breakdown when Sharon IS revealed as Cora's daughter?

Kellie BKellie B Posts: 255
Forum Member
I can just imagine it!

Comments

• alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    The "I'm never watching it again" brigade will come out in force -- but they will still watch it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kellie B wrote: »
    I can just imagine it!
    alienpanda wrote: »
    The "I'm never watching it again" brigade will come out in force -- but they will still watch it.

They won't and it's not going to happen anyway. I'm sorry some people weren't around in 1990 to see the storyline which establishes Sharon's biological roots air, but you know what I wasn't either, and that really doesn't give anyone the ground to try and retcon established fact because they happen to like Cora.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just people speculating but if the scriptwriters want it to happen, they can make it happen. End of.
  • BertypopBertypop Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, sweet Lord. Neither character needs it.

The problem is, no one will ever in the show say "Oh, by the way, Sharon, Cora is NOT your mother" so unless someone from the BBC says it we're going to have to endure these threads forever/end of school holidays
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom_Willis wrote: »
    It's just people speculating but if the scriptwriters want it to happen, they can make it happen. End of.
    At this stage it's not speculation; it's in essence many of those holding the belief that Cora is somehow Sharon's mum, proclaiming it as of it were fact. And two, it is not ''end of'' because the EastEnders team have to consult an idea with a number of higher powers, so they cannot just do ''what they want'' end of.
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You people are weird. It isn't going to happen. Move on.
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, they can't just make it happen. They have already shown Sharon's birth mother; changing that fact would make a mockery of the entire show and would basically be a massive FU to all of the fans. Cora being Sharon's mum would be the biggest retcon in soap since Bobby Ewing stepped out of the shower.
  • VIP101VIP101 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cora is NOT Sharons mother here is a thread I started ;)

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1704418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At this stage it's not speculation; it's in essence many of those holding the belief that Cora is somehow Sharon's mum, proclaiming it as of it were fact. And two, it is not ''end of'' because the EastEnders team have to consult an idea with a number of higher powers, so they cannot just do ''what they want'' end of.

People are entitled to give their opinions but no one can say it's fact.

I do however stand by what I said, if the writers want Cora to be Sharon's biological mother, they can make it happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    No, they can't just make it happen. They have already shown Sharon's birth mother; changing that fact would make a mockery of the entire show and would basically be a massive FU to all of the fans. Cora being Sharon's mum would be the biggest retcon in soap since Bobby Ewing stepped out of the shower.

If they disregarded Carol and hoped that we'd all forget about her then that would be making a mockery of the show. But there could have been a mix up when Sharon was a baby. Lies could have been intentionally/unintentionally told and maybe Cora does believe her daughter is dead but maybe it's Carol's daughter who died. I reckon the writers could find a way around it. I'm not saying they will but I believe it's possible.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People are entitled to give their opinions but no one can say it's fact.

I do however stand by what I said, if the writers want Cora to be Sharon's biological mother, they can make it happen.

Of course they can. They can work around the fact that Sharon has already met her real mum. Maybe that carol woman pretended to be her mum as she knew Cora, and was protecting her.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You people are weird. It isn't going to happen. Move on.

This!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There's Speculating then Obsessing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EEFanatic wrote: »
    There's Speculating then Obsessing.

Initially people were just speculating and giving their opinions. That's what these forums are for. Now I reckon half of these Cora and Sharon threads are being created to annoy the people who seem irritated and angered by these opinions. They are the ones obsessing.
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon's returning in time for Ben's reveal and Ian's return, she's hardly going to be thrust into 3 main storylines, especially when that 3rd storyline could re-write established canon. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    yea..move on ..jeez lol