What is so bad about Deana calling her gang soldiers?

13»

Comments

• JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Last time I look Deana, Luke A and Adam weren't little children

What does that have to do with anything:confused: If it's offensive for non army personnel to call themselves soldiers then that would also apply to mums and their kiddies would it not.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soldiers can get mentioned but not the threat of rape and violence. Amazing eh.
  • Nocturnal MumNocturnal Mum Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    B L Zeebub wrote: »
    Becky's sister is obviously a massive gossip, just like Becky. She wanted to give the Insiders as much 'intel' on the enemy as she could in the given time.

Compare with Deana's friend, who basically said that Conor and Ashleigh were not giving Deana a chance. She could have used Conor's rant, unless she was told not to, or she could have revealed that Conor had said that Deana's looks are 'disgusting' and Ashleigh agreed with him.

I'd forgotten about that!
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong just a silly reason to be able to nominate her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deana calls them soldiers,how the hell i it affecting them, they need to grow up
  • imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    No they couldn't. I'm sure they'd still feed their children egg and soldiers for breakfast, referring to team members as soldiers is very common, this is absolutely ludicrous. If people have a problem with the word soldiers because they're related to someone in the army, they shouldn't have special treatment for it, they should just get a grip. I'm sorry but that was a ridiculous statement

I totally agree. Its a load of nonsense. Just because some f and f bought out some revelation about a hm that was less than flattering and was greeted with some indignation, then they also felt the need to react to what was said about Deana, if thats all they have to say about her then they really are clutching at straws.
  • SquishedPeachesSquishedPeaches Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    It's not. She's desperate for a reason and can't find anything else.
  • dancing ledgedancing ledge Posts: 13,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MeganG wrote: »
    Becky's sister was just using the 'soldiers' language as a stick with which to beat Deana. She was being disingenuous by implying she found it offensive. It was a transparent & convenient excuse to nominate her. Nothing more & nothing less. ;)

Spot on. People choose to get offended by all sorts of things in Big Brother because it is convenient to do so. I doubt this would have offended Becky's sister if the "soldiers" weren't having goes at Becky.

Military parody is everywhere. Is anyone offended by Cheryl Cole dressing up as a soldier? And what about the military imagery in Christianity? Or in computer games?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    B L Zeebub wrote: »
    Becky's sister is obviously a massive gossip, just like Becky. She wanted to give the Insiders as much 'intel' on the enemy as she could in the given time.

Compare with Deana's friend, who basically said that Conor and Ashleigh were not giving Deana a chance. She could have used Conor's rant, unless she was told not to, or she could have revealed that Conor had said that Deana's looks are 'disgusting' and Ashleigh agreed with him.

Deana's friend was remarkably polite & restrained in both the language & delivery of her nominations. Becky's sister & the families of the other insiders were just as I'd imagined they'd be.;)
  • Forget-me-notForget-me-not Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sisters are obviously alike, the same awe inspiring intellect and love of passing on relevant information to the enlightenment of others, selfelssly given of course :rolleyes:

I would love to know her views on those Salvation Army types pretending to be soldiers , visciously banging their tambourines, wasting their time trying to help the down and outs when they could be over in Afghanistan helping our brave boys - using their brass bands to see off the Taliban, what an absolute insult:(

Are human being actually meant to be evolving? I am beginning to have my doubts.
  • sammyvansammyvan Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If someone has relatives or friends serving in the Army they could find it offensive

None that I know of. We have more important things to think about really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any excuse to have a go at Deanna.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is a bit cringey, but harmless..and hey whatever gets them through the day.

I found the insiders taking the mikey out of the outsiders and their 'soldier' references at the end of the show last night to be far more childish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's nothing wrong with it, i'm one of Deana's soldiers :D and my fight is with Conor.

http://youtu.be/pwjinsKQlmw
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl Cole calls her followers Soldiers, Newcastle United refer to their fans as Toon Army...

Are they all insulting troops as well? FGS silly argument. Its just abit of fun and camaraderie
  • SuesSues Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If someone has relatives or friends serving in the Army they could find it offensive

I have and I don't
  • NatoPMTNatoPMT Posts: 3,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flower 2 wrote: »
    I shall have to check in with the PC brigade next time I call my Grandson a "Brave little soldier" when he doesn't make a fuss when he hurts himself!

that wasn't a PC comment. It was a ridiculous comment

and be careful, using a term like 'brigade'

Definition: A subdivision of an army, typically consisting of a small number of infantry battalions and/or other units and often forming part of a division

Maybe anti pc'ers should stop referring to pc'ers in military terms, lest they offend serving soldiers or pick up artists quit using "wing men"

Although I would say that, what if my DS moniker is spotted and I am nominated to be banned for offensivisms
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It creates division, separation, aggression, and it implies that the others are enemies.

Not nice at all.

Oh get a grip. :D

The phrase kicked off after a prolonged period where the outsiders felt they were being targeted and picked off one by one by the insiders. Benedict, Lydia, Lauren...their numbers were dwindling. They were feeling a little bit helpless. Joking about being "soldiers" ~ and yes, it IS a silly in-joke, nothing more ~ made them feel a little less helpless and pepped them up a bit.

That's all it was and anyone who reads something sinister into the matter is plain daft.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caroline dubbed them the three musketeers though!!!

There were a fighting company of the military branch of the Maison du Roi, the Royal Household of the French monarchy, and in the story they are outlawed by the cardinal.

The Insiders actually dubbed them criminal soldiers first. So if you want to get upset, blame Caroline and co
  • Miss Con StrueMiss Con Strue Posts: 3,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luke S is in the white room bitching about the soldiers thing. He has had a conversation with Adam about it. His mock outrage was rather lame and he took the opportunity to have yet another dig at Deana. I think the reason the Insiders are so miffed about the soldiers is that it shows, how tight and together the Outsiders have become with each other. Whereas, the Insiders have no real connection as friends and they are jealous.
  • PatchouiPatchoui Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    I thought the soldiers thing started after Adam was given the role of drill sergeant in a task?

It's no big deal rallying the troops. Becky's sister scored an own goal.