Options

Nicole Scherzinger lays into Cheryl Cole in Fabulous Magazine interview

Comments

• Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes i agree. I like Nicole and I think she might be a little bit out there but i don't think she would lie about her encounter with Cheryl.

Cheryl is just sniffing around for any bit of publicity to try and cover up her flop album. Why would Nicole even know her 'whole song' anyway? Cheryl has always been jealous of Nicole from the start....she started the feud when she was a bitch about Nicole in that infamous GA interview, so I'm not surprised she took the opportunity to attack Nicole in her book, especially when she upstaged her on The X Factor UK twice.

Brian Friedman has confirmed that Cheryl's version of events was just trash (like the rest of that book), so it was clear she was just jealous and after some headlines. She seems deluded too, comparing herself to Britney....she would do well to remember where she came from.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    like i said previously, cheryl is no saint and yes she made some throwaway comments when interviewed years before she actually met nicole. i feel sorry for people that are stuck in the past and feel the need to relive it so vividly. however, she wasn't completely wrong in her observations thinking back. nicole is not a credible solo artist that she clearly thinks she is, one us hit single after countless releases and two shelved albums in her home turf.:o

i do like nicole, but i can see that neither of them are saints.
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    like i said previously, cheryl is no saint and yes she made some throwaway comments when interviewed years before she actually met nicole. i feel sorry for people that are stuck in the past and feel the need to relive it so vividly. however, she wasn't completely wrong in her observations thinking back. nicole is not a credible solo artist that she clearly thinks she is, one us hit single after countless releases and two shelved albums in her home turf.:o

i do like nicole, but i can see that neither of them are saints.

Agree with this comment.

I like both girls in equal measures, Nicole has grown on me since her stint on this year's XF, but I think both her and Cheryl have big egos - both like making headlines, this little spat is nothing more than a storm in a teacup.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with this comment.

I like both girls in equal measures, Nicole has grown on me since her stint on this year's XF, but I think both her and Cheryl have big egos - both like making headlines, this little spat is nothing more than a storm in a teacup.

i have always liked nicole and i think she is a great singer. however, she is ruthless and at times can exaggerate. also brian once said they were held at gunpoint in mexico and those reports were later put into prospective.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have always liked nicole and i think she is a great singer. however, she is ruthless and at times can exaggerate. she once said her and brian were held at gunpoint in mexico. those reports were later put into prospective.

Oh she's no angel, that's for sure. She wanted all the limelight when she was in the PCD - yes, she was the front woman, but it wasn't fair to disregard the rest of the girls.

After seeing Ashley in the jungle, she seemed really sweet and very honest - she mentioned that Nicole was the only one in the band 'allowed to speak'.

Nicole is a lot like Cheryl, she loves the attention - that's probably why the women don't see eye to eye, too similar.
  • Options
    HelloRainHelloRain Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    guffybear wrote: »
    if you mention one of her sons names it is likely Mrs Federline would have no clue who they were

Still throwing around ignorant comments about someone suffering from a mental illness I see, how classy :rolleyes:
  • Options
    guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HelloRain wrote: »
    Still throwing ignorant comments about someone suffering from a mental illness, how classy :rolleyes:

that would be because i do not believe she is suffering from that

i think it is all drug related and the rest is just a cover up in attempt to gloss over her image. it would not be the first time as we were supposed to believe the virgin and whiter than white image
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    guffybear wrote: »
    that would be because i do not believe she is suffering from that

i think it is all drug related and the rest is just a cover up in attempt to gloss over her image. it would not be the first time as we were supposed to believe the virgin and whiter than white image

But you said in a previous post that 'she was always a few sandwiches short of a picnic'. :confused: You do not get put under a conservatorship for taking cocaine. Court documents that were filed in 2008 revealed Britney was prescribed anti-psychotics and she said herself that she had doctors examining her every day. I don't get your conspiracy about her team using the mental illness story to keep her image whiter that white - mental health problems are still seen as more taboo than drug use and would definitely not help preserve this 'whiter than white' image that Britney herself stopped peddling back in 2003.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh she's no angel, that's for sure. She wanted all the limelight when she was in the PCD - yes, she was the front woman, but it wasn't fair to disregard the rest of the girls.

After seeing Ashley in the jungle, she seemed really sweet and very honest - she mentioned that Nicole was the only one in the band 'allowed to speak'.

Nicole is a lot like Cheryl, she loves the attention - that's probably why the women don't see eye to eye, too similar.

they are in some ways alike. both started out in tv singing competitions and judged on similar competitions to further their profile.
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Cheryl is just sniffing around for any bit of publicity to try and cover up her flop album. Why would Nicole even know her 'whole song' anyway? Cheryl has always been jealous of Nicole from the start....she started the feud when she was a bitch about Nicole in that infamous GA interview, so I'm not surprised she took the opportunity to attack Nicole in her book, especially when she upstaged her on The X Factor UK twice.

Brian Friedman has confirmed that Cheryl's version of events was just trash (like the rest of that book), so it was clear she was just jealous and after some headlines. She seems deluded too, comparing herself to Britney....she would do well to remember where she came from.

Nicole's career post-PCD has mainly been a flop in USA which is she did DWTS.

As for Britney she is booed in Austraila for miming to a backing a track and took the XF job to reboot her career. There is much to compare to when you really look her work.

"Remeber where she came from" so should Nicole who came from Popstars and Britney who came from Disney.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As for Britney she is booed in Austraila for miming to a backing a track and took the XF job to reboot her career. There is much to compare to when you really look her work.

"Remeber where she came from" so should Nicole who came from Popstars and Britney who came from Disney.

Britney doesn't need the X Factor to reboot her career. She's the highest earning female celebrity of 2012 and just last year went on a world tour that gross $70 million dollars, two years after she got 'booed in Australia' (must have missed the memo that her career ended then).

The Mickey Mouse Club isn't what made Britney famous, whereas it's difficult to say exactly where Cheryl would be today if it wasn't for Popstars the Rivals (certainly not in Girls Aloud).

Anyway, comparing Britney's success with Cheryl and Nicole is laughable. Britney's an icon and has had a phenomenally successful career, beyond what the other two will ever even dream of.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Nicole can sing. Cheryl can't. So she should probably sit down and shut up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good point :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good point :)

Not when it comes to Britney.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Britney doesn't need the X Factor to reboot her career. She's the highest earning female celebrity of 2012 and just last year went on a world tour that gross $70 million dollars, two years after she got 'booed in Australia' (must have missed the memo that her career ended then).

The Mickey Mouse Club isn't what made Britney famous, whereas it's difficult to say exactly where Cheryl would be today if it wasn't for Popstars the Rivals (certainly not in Girls Aloud).

Anyway, comparing Britney's success with Cheryl and Nicole is laughable. Britney's an icon and has had a phenomenally successful career, beyond what the other two will ever even dream of.

yeah, but she did mime in austraila, i cant see her returning there any time soon:o and singing was never her strongest suit either. she was a good dancer though at one stage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not when it comes to Britney.

I like Britney, she seems a sweet girl, but she can't sing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, but she did mime in austraila, i cant see her returning there any time soon:o and singing was never her strongest suit either. she was a good dancer though at one stage.

I think she's a good studio singer. Madonna and Michael Jackson were also criticised heavily when they performed in Australia.
    I like Britney, she seems a sweet girl, but she can't sing.

She's got a better voice than Cheryl IMO. Cheryl's singing voice is unbearable to listen to. She's ruined so many songs - I'd love to hear GA songs (many of which I like) without her voice - why does Xenomania have to push her horrible vocals at the forefront of so many choruses?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she's a good studio singer. Madonna and Michael Jackson were also criticised heavily when they performed in Australia.

yeah, and madonna wont be going back there any time soon either.:D britney was a good pop star back in the day, not what i would call a recording voice though.
    She's got a better voice than Cheryl IMO. Cheryl's singing voice is unbearable to listen to. She's ruined so many songs - I'd love to hear GA songs (many of which I like) without her voice - why does Xenomania have to push her horrible vocals at the forefront of so many choruses?

because she is the break out star in her group. obviously not the best singer, but the most successful in the media and the most famous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    because she is the break out star in her group. obviously not the best singer, but the most successful in the media and the most famous.

I don't even think she's the most charismatic one in the group. Nadine is the one who I always notice in the music videos.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was talking about Britney's vocals, not Cheryl's. I would add Britney as only marginally better than Cheryl, a very small margin.

I don't think either girls have very strong voices, both are performers more than vocalists.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't even think she's the most charismatic one in the group. Nadine is the one who I always notice in the music videos.

a lot of people say that about nadine, but they didn't go out and support her when she released music.:o not that i mentioned anything about charisma. cheryl was more successful in terms of media coverage and was more famous outside of the group.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was talking about Britney's vocals, not Cheryl's. I would add Britney as only marginally better than Cheryl, a very small margin.

I don't think either girls have very strong voices, both are performers more than vocalists.

i would agree with that, much like madonna before them. although, in fairness to madonna, she is more of an artist in comparison.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Britney at her peak was an amazing performer, far better than Cheryl. I think Britney has a good voice, it's not very strong, but I think she conveys the emotion of the song well and can fit her voice into the song if that makes sense. Cheryl can't do that, even if she has roughly the same vocal range as Britney on paper.

I like how Britney sounds on this demo more than the final version - the studio trickery sometimes makes her voice sound worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci4-hGaEw_E
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a lot of people say that about nadine, but they didn't go out and support her when she released music.:o not that i mentioned anything about charisma. cheryl was more successful in terms of media coverage and was more famous outside of the group.

Maybe if Nadine was judging on the X Factor, her album would have sold more?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Britney at her peak was an amazing performer, far better than Cheryl. I think Britney has a good voice, it's not very strong, but I think she conveys the emotion of the song well and can fit her voice into the song if that makes sense. Cheryl can't do that, even if she has roughly the same vocal range as Britney on paper.

I like how Britney sounds on this demo more than the final version - the studio trickery sometimes makes her voice sound worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci4-hGaEw_E

it would make sense if you were talking about a versatile vocalist like nicole and not a mediocre singer like britney.:o nicole can sing anything to be fair and she really can deliver the emotion. britney is just a pop vocalist.