This is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread **Part 18**

1143144145146147149»

Comments

• coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like the man not sure I want him for thread pet though, also I feel we may have doomed him, remember everyone thought dr Hamela was a really good egg for a few weeks!

I still quite want Sophie for thread pet I think she might make a good DOT, also Natalie has DOT potential
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sofakat wrote: »
    Do not get the Dave love :confused:

He is so ugly.

He is hopeless.

I do not watch his programme.

Can I have my own thread pet?

Sorry :(

His ugliness (or not) is irrelevant.

His hopelessness is moot. He is showing more intention to learn than Widde ever did, and that is endearing.
  • coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

His hopelessness is moot. He is showing more intention to learn than Widde ever did, and that is endearing.

Yes but so have many others who did not attain the status of thread pet,

There is a special science to it and I think the best ones have been slow burners like Gavbot and Chelsee
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    Like the man not sure I want him for thread pet though, also I feel we may have doomed him, remember everyone thought dr Hamela was a really good egg for a few weeks!

I still quite want Sophie for thread pet I think she might make a good DOT, also Natalie has DOT potential

I get Holly Valance vibes from Sophie ... and Natalie's hair ... so am prepared to like.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    What is it with TPTB and completely missing the point of previous contestants who didn't win. No matter how well they do they were clearly never popular enough to inflict on us again and again.

Horrible thought - the actual real People's Champion(s) would be Darren Gough or Chris Hollins and I don't want them on ITT either :cool:
  • karina_karina_ Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seriously unappreciating the fact that before the show even starts, it's a one horse race. That makes it boring for me, no tension, no challenge. nada. Just give her the trophy now :(
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Moot? I rather think not.

Ugliness irrelevant? Well to you maybe, but not enough for me. Ugliness is relevant. He will be in TV and trying to dance and I will have to watch it. This is relevant. And what on earth had Widdy got to do with anything.

Repulsive crone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    aggs wrote: »
    I get Holly Valance vibes from Sophie ... and Natalie's hair ... so am prepared to like.

Sophie leaves me cold, I'm afraid. I get the impression she is only doing the show because her fame and fortune from the 2000's has waned. Natalie seems ok.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    karina_ wrote: »
    Seriously unappreciating the fact that before the show even starts, it's a one horse race. That makes it boring for me, no tension, no challenge. nada. Just give her the trophy now :(

No, no. Too soon to think that. Hang in there. Once the hopeless have departed many things may change.

We are good at spotting latent talent here. There's a bit of dance expertise amongst the DOTS. Hang with us.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sophie leaves me cold, I'm afraid. I get the impression she is only doing the show because her fame and fortune from the 2000's has waned. Natalie seems ok.

I find her elegant, but a bit vacant. if I were teaching her I'd be sighing inwardly. Her salsa will suck! Mark my words.
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's the great thing about Strictly, the front runner doesn't always win and it's rarely the best dancer. It's an undefinable mix of good, but not starting too well, having a journey, being a good egg and the pro creating a great partnership. The GBP are a fickle bunch and if Natalie's perceived as too good to start, too smug or not trying, they'll turn on her like Vanessa on a buffet. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Doesn't your favourite celeb sort of grow on you anyway? I never thought I would like Gavin Henson but he was so above all the histrionics he turned out to be my favourite that year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not to thread pet, it's not.
  • Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    Creepy Sincere Vicar is Patrick. He may turn out to be alright but so far he is giving off Jason Donovan vibes.

Ah, ok. I couldn't think of most of the guys taking part for a minute there. I want to like Patrick but he is acting a bit Greyson at the mo. I'm hoping he'll snap out of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never watched Countdown so had no clue who Rachel was. Just watched her training vid and she is gorgeous. Right frame, right body, beautiful face, etc,etc.

If she could dance she'd be amazing. She is built like a dancer. I wonder if there is any talent to be unearthed?

She doesn't think so, but she would not necessarily know.

Very curious to see how she turns out. Pasha is the right teacher for her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find her elegant, but a bit vacant. if I were teaching her I'd be sighing inwardly. Her salsa will suck! Mark my words.

Meh, she reminds me of Alex Jones. Wobbly, a bit uncoordinated but will look like a doll in the dresses. But you're right about the vacant, don't think there's much to her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moot? I rather think not.

Ugliness irrelevant? Well to you maybe, but not enough for me. Ugliness is relevant. He will be in TV and trying to dance and I will have to watch it. This is relevant. And what on earth had Widdy got to do with anything.

Repulsive crone.

You judge people on their looks?

Blocked!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You judge people on their looks?

Blocked!

Excellent. Not amused by you either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kmc1978 wrote: »
    Ah, ok. I couldn't think of most of the guys taking part for a minute there. I want to like Patrick but he is acting a bit Greyson at the mo. I'm hoping he'll snap out of it.

Have you seen his vt on Strictly site, the short 20 second one? I went right off him, he seems to have a very inflated sense of his own importance. He's a "serious act-oooooor, darling" :rolleyes:
  • karina_karina_ Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Apparently she still performs she was singing in Barcelona at the w/e. They all have a motive for doing the show. I guess Natalie's is to resume her dancing career which was halted at 19 with an injury. None of them are flogging themselves for the love of the show, only for the exposure.Or to pay a tax bill
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently she still performs she was singing in Barcelona at the w/e. They all have a motive for doing the show. I guess Natalie's is to resume her dancing career which was halted at 19 with an injury. None of them are flogging themselves for the love of the show, only for the exposure.Or to pay a tax bill

Actually that is not strictly (sorry) true. Meaden is a huge fan as is Fiona. Neither need the exposure.

Of course they all have a 'motive' - why on earth would you put yourself through it otherwise? But do not assume that you know their motive.

Natalie is too old to resume a dance career. Acting is her first love, but there's no harm in doing the odd musical in the West End if she can. It just extends her repertoire as an actress, plus she loves to dance anyway.

Also, all of them have publicists and managers urging them to earn some money and 'widen their exposure', but - ultimately - they choose to do it. No one held a gun to their head.

The only people who might have tax bill, or be desperate, are the lesser known soap stars who have a very short shelf life and not a lot of acting talent anyway.
This discussion has been closed.