ITV just couldn't resist it - the little DOG.

2»

Comments

• AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,043
    Forum Member
    When Jay Hunt, Chief Creative Officer of Channel 4, was the controller of BBC One...the BBC "accidently" introduced a animated Graham Norton IPP (in-programme prompts) to advertise that “Over The Rainbow” would be on next...ruining the ending of the Doctor Who episode "The Time of Angels".

http://youtu.be/kyD-Vc4MUi8?t=8s

I fear that intrusive DOGs and annoying IPPs are the future :(
  • TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Time to re-introduce the dog licence as the DOG licence.

£150,000 per channel per minute that the DOG is shown.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, who could resist a little dog?
  • potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    incredibly faint though. you can barely see it. Hardly obscures the screen. Apparently it is something the customer wants as they forget what channel they're watching.
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    macsmurray wrote: »
    Noooooo, if you don't know the acronym then why wouldn't you expect a dog?

The OP was probably trying to catch most of us out anyway!;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caldari wrote: »

I am SO bookmarking that link for use in other threads :D
  • Souffle GirlSouffle Girl Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I feel like I'm the only person on DS who isn't bothered by these in the slightest, not even the bigger/uglier ones.

I do dislike In Programme Pointers and the end credits being ruined though, I'll admit. That's just a step too far.
  • JAK99JAK99 Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    I feel like I'm the only person on DS who isn't bothered by these in the slightest, not even the bigger/uglier ones.

That's what conditioning does for you!

JAK
  • tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't notice it before, do now, thanks for that!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stella100 wrote: »
    I haven't seen a little dog - just the ITV logo :confused:

:D I was sat scratching my head thinking exactly the same thing, and puzzled how I managed to miss it! :o
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the damned things and thoroughly resent them. I watch programmes I want to see and couldn't care less which channel it's on (unless it's on ITV, when I would start to worry). As all remote controls have an info button they're obsolete anyway.

It took me ages to realise that you get rid of that irritating "press red" irritant on BBC by pressing the green button. Before that, it used to annoy me so much that I used to Blu-Tak a piece of paper over it.
  • Scarlett O HaraScarlett O Hara Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Count me in as another who doesn't care. Although we appear to be a minority. I couldn't imagine letting something like that wind me up as much as it appears to affect some people. Mental!
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if I should say this as I don't watch TV lately, but if it's what I think it is, it's probably an anti-counterfeit tactic.

Mostly to stop TV companies complaining about dodgy DVD sellers from taping and passing TV programmes and drama off as a real thing. I know the proposal was discussed during a digital television conference a while ago, but I don't know if it was ever put in action. Maybe it has?
  • Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »
    I don't know if I should say this as I don't watch TV lately, but if it's what I think it is, it's probably an anti-counterfeit tactic.

Mostly to stop TV companies complaining about dodgy DVD sellers from taping and passing TV programmes and drama off as a real thing. I know the proposal was discussed during a digital television conference a while ago, but I don't know if it was ever put in action. Maybe it has?

Sky's policy on this works the best, they don't annoy viewers with a permanent logo throughout the programme, but have it going in and out of breaks, a perfect solution. Clearly this would prevent copies being passed off as genuine whilst leaving a clear picture to enjoy the vast majority of the time, ITV needs to do this.
    It's quite cheapening to make the main ITV channel feel like another typical multi channel in this way.