Options

American Horror Story: Freak Show (Confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Definitely want Sarah Paulson as the villain of this series.
  • Options
    Cody1Cody1 Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jakobjoe wrote: »
    I didn't like the witch series at all it was a mess.. Asylum was fantastic though

totaly agreed, Asylum was the first one i ever saw and loved it !

Was so excited about the Coven but it was a mess just as you said - its not even worth disecting, too many characters that they didnt know what to do with them ..... Kyle
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cody1 wrote: »
    totaly agreed, Asylum was the first one i ever saw and loved it !

Was so excited about the Coven but it was a mess just as you said - its not even worth disecting, too many characters that they didnt know what to do with them ..... Kyle

What annoyed me most about Kyle was how Evan Peters was a starring cast member, while Angela Bassett was merely recurring, when Marie played a much larger role than Kyle. He was just ... there.

(That's not a dig at Evan, he's not the one I had the problem with, it was his non-character being pimped as a major player the whole time).
  • Options
    mazon27091mazon27091 Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I love this show, the setting sounds perfect for AHS. What delicious lines will Jessica Lange spout this year? Shame it may be her last season.
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were only asking a fair question, not exactly provocation for insults.

Personally, I don't mind as this thread has the show's current official title, but it's not unreasonable for someone to wonder if this could go in the already-ongoing thread on the upcoming season. The part before the BIB would have been enough, wouldn't it?

I wouldn't take any notice of downtonfan. She's the rudest person i've encountered on Digital Spy. Nasty just for the sake of being nasty.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Meh. If it is any way even slightly like Coven, then it will be a disaster.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't sound too promising. I wonder how they'll try to offend people with regards to the freaks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't sound too promising. I wonder how they'll try to offend people with regards to the freaks.

That's the problem with creativity and how PC we are now. Writers are on egg shells in case they offend people. It's ridiculous.

I hope it is very near the knuckle.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Carnivale is perhaps an inspiration to this season. A brilliant but shortlived television show from HBO back in the early/mid 00's.
  • Options
    anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand why they needed so many female characters for Coven but why are we only hearing about female characters for this new series? Is it going to be an all-female Carnival?

Let's get the show back to the excellent standards of Asylum.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    That's the problem with creativity and how PC we are now. Writers are on egg shells in case they offend people. It's ridiculous.

Trouble is, if people start to think they're doing it just for a cheap shock value then they'll turn off and viewing figures will slide. Horror doesn't always have to be about the grotesque. Many good shows/films show very little and gear more towards the imagination.
  • Options
    Forum Member

It probably will be to a certain extent, but even if it's not, I can imagine some people will just be offended for the sake it though.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay Gaby Sidibe is back. Incredible.

Fantastic to see a big name like Michael C from The Shield joining.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's interesting that at least two actors of Six Feet Under have appeared on AHS
    I think that James Cromwell would be great if he came back.
    Or some of the Six Feet Under cast not cast before taking a turn.

Imagine Michael C Hall appearing but as Dexter! :o
    Rainn Wilson would make a good cast member I think. He had a certain creepy vibe as Arthur.
    Richard Jenkins would also make a good character in there somewhere
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Michael C. Hall, Lauren Ambrose or Rachel Griffiths would be great. I'd say Peter Krause too but think he's too busy with Parenthood at the moment.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Michael C. Hall, Lauren Ambrose or Rachel Griffiths would be great. I'd say Peter Krause too but think he's too busy with Parenthood at the moment.

I can see Lauren Ambrose saying yes if she was asked. She made an appearance in Torchwood recently.
    (Although I didn't watch much of that one as I lost interest in Torchwood when they killed off most of the interesting characters)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She was great on Torchwood but the season she was in itself was the show's worst one.

She's also one of those actresses that we don't see enough on telly IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still no Lily :(

I'm depressed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    It's interesting that at least two actors of Six Feet Under have appeared on AHS
    I think that James Cromwell would be great if he came back.
    Or some of the Six Feet Under cast not cast before taking a turn.

Imagine Michael C Hall appearing but as Dexter! :o
    Rainn Wilson would make a good cast member I think. He had a certain creepy vibe as Arthur.
    Richard Jenkins would also make a good character in there somewhere

I've always rooted for Richard Jenkins to be in AHS. He is such a cool guy and brilliant actor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Still no Lily :(

I'm depressed

She still could be in it. It's early days yet.
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    She still could be in it. It's early days yet.

Apparently Lily Rape has pulled out of The Hunger Games to do Much Ado About Nothing. Dunno if this will free her up for AHS when it starts filming. Also, the rumour is that Evan Peter will be playing Kathy Bates' son this time around.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    Apparently Lily Rape has pulled out of The Hunger Games to do Much Ado About Nothing. Dunno if this will free her up for AHS when it starts filming. Also, the rumour is that Evan Peter will be playing Kathy Bates' son this time around.

Ooh, here's hoping she's in it.

It was confirmed at PaleyFest that Evan would be playing the son of Kathy's character this season.:)
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vic Mackey from The Shield on the next season of AHS, NOW this just got interesting!
  • Options
    kookiethekatkookiethekat Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved season 3, season 2 bored me and I didn't actually watch the whole series.

I am looking forward to this one