Under the Dome - Season 2 - UK Pace

The second season starts tonight at 10PM on Five. The last we saw the dome had glazed over white and Barbie was awaiting execution...i can't wait to watch the mysteries grow deeper and hopefully obtain some answers. Who's with me?

Comments

• NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Aw, shit :( I was looking forward to the continuing adventures of Stupid Cop Lady.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Me :)

Whats the new bloke been in before ( the emt from the log cabin)
    Forum Member
    flos wrote: »

I think he was 'Tag' from Friends.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    flos wrote: »

Eddie Cahill been in CSI:NY, Glory Days and Friends.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not many watching. Can't remember the magnet wall thing in the book.
  • Red DevilRed Devil Posts: 13,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erm...the dome is now magnetic and powerful enough to pull cars to it and rip a house down, but they can all still wear watches, belts and necklaces?! :)
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im plodding through the book right now. Junior is very different in the book!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Wow major continuity issues. Did they actually watch the last episode of the last series!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When I was reading the book I just loved to hate Junior
  • NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Got a bit silly tonight with all that magnetic b*ll*cks. Ridiculous. Supernatural sh*t didn't really work either. Think it may have gone off the boil.
  • Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    How come Junior has turned into such a good guy?
    Forum Member
    The lol-worthy stupid one, and the hot one both dying in the same episode? F**k that! Do they even want me to keep watching???
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Great ep tonight!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member

I'm about 400 pages in and Junior's not the only thing that's different! Everybody is. I wouldn't say Junior was that different; he's got dark undertones still very much present, only these undertones are far darker in the novel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    Great ep tonight!

I agree. The mystery grew deeper; and I particularly liked some fresh blood - in the deaths and in the new characters (particularly Sam, who seems very odd to me), Rebecca - the high school teacher and the girl who is yet to speak but seemed to cause Angie's death! I knew Julie wouldn't pull Big Jim to his death either, his character is far too precious to lose. So, it looks like Junior's mom is alive? After watching that episode, I want even more answers...Roll on next week.
  • TylersnanTylersnan Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seoutthere wrote: »
    Wow major continuity issues. Did they actually watch the last episode of the last series!!!

I've not watched it yet but I did watch my recording of the the last one from series one today.
    I will not be happy if they have not continued the story line correctly >:(
  • bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    The lol-worthy stupid one, and the hot one both dying in the same episode? F**k that! Do they even want me to keep watching???

Shame that Linda was bumped off.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    Red Devil wrote: »
    Erm...the dome is now magnetic and powerful enough to pull cars to it and rip a house down, but they can all still wear watches, belts and necklaces?! :)
    But still affects a church bell which is normally made of non-ferrous bronze. :confused:
  • tgabbertgabber Posts: 2,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although it may be (losely) based on a book it seems to me that it's already got 'Lost' syndrome, where the writers make it up as they go along. The dome itself is merely a McGuffin.

As for the science teacher, wow, she spent all that time making a model of the town and the dome??? Still not bright enough to suggest using something as simple as a torch and morse code to communicate with the outside world though - the dome is transparent after all!
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    tgabber wrote: »
    Although it may be (losely) based on a book it seems to me that it's already got 'Lost' syndrome, where the writers make it up as they go along. The dome itself is merely a McGuffin.

As for the science teacher, wow, she spent all that time making a model of the town and the dome??? Still not bright enough to suggest using something as simple as a torch and morse code to communicate with the outside world though - the dome is transparent after all!

There doesn't seem to be much urgency to communicate with the outside world.

Half the dome has been blown up so that side can't be used. Visitors haven't been allowed back to the other side since the bomb.

The radio has been forgotten since wots her name was killed by Big Jim.
  • Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    I saw Stephen King in the diner asking for a refill.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tgabber wrote: »

Yes, my other half says it seems to have the "Heroes" syndrome!
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched it tonight because Hubby was watching it, suddenly held more interest when Eddie Cahill on....swoon!
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Red Devil wrote: »
    I think that the Dome was being selective in choosing some metal objects it wanted to attract for its own purposes, but leaving others. The Dome is like an all-powerful god, rather than a scientific instrument. It's manipulating events inside the dome for its own purposes, in the way it chooses to.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    Great ep tonight!

Yep! really enjoyed it! :) ... Hurry up epi2! :)