Options

Dom Joly's Complainers

XIVXIV Posts: 21,582
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is anyone watching this? It is sort of Trigger Happy TV meets Watchdog and it quite amusing to watch. It is about Dom Joly and his team of Complainers getting revenge on things that annoy us the most.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    It's a blatant rip-off of 'Paul Zenon's Revenge Squad' which was on ITV1 two years ago.
  • Options
    Formula1MadFormula1Mad Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sue Reed wrote: »
    It's a blatant rip-off of 'Paul Zenon's Revenge Squad' which was on ITV1 two years ago.

Yeah but Dom does it soooooooo much better :)
  • Options
    cbatescbates Posts: 1,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sue Reed wrote: »

I seriously think you are Paul Zenon and I don't even know who he is.

I've been on 5 threads in the past few minutes and in everyone you've mentioned Dom Joly ripping off this Zenon person.

You really are quite a pest.
  • Options
    Ted CTed C Posts: 11,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On Mondays episode, I cringed at Joly's bizarre attempt to ascertain that South Western trains apparently had 300 train coaches stashed away at a 'secure MOD facility' that they maintained they could not afford to run.

You knew something was not quite right when they were filming these so called coaches from a distance, but it was obvious that all you could actually see were train engines, and some old green coaches with holes in the windows.

And the 'secure MOD facility' turned out to be a deserted FORMER MOD facility, which they managed to gain entry to with suspicious ease (which was never explained).

And when they did get in and drive around filming, what did we see? No sign of any so-called new coaches at all, just lots and lots of train engines and very old coaches again.

It seems Joly is not just taking the mickey out of certain individuals and companies on his programme, but the viewers as well.
  • Options
    SambdaSambda Posts: 6,210
    Forum Member
    On Mondays episode, I cringed at Joly's bizarre attempt to ascertain that South Western trains apparently had 300 train coaches stashed away at a 'secure MOD facility' that they maintained they could not afford to run.

You knew something was not quite right when they were filming these so called coaches from a distance, but it was obvious that all you could actually see were train engines, and some old green coaches with holes in the windows.

And the 'secure MOD facility' turned out to be a deserted FORMER MOD facility, which they managed to gain entry to with suspicious ease (which was never explained).

And when they did get in and drive around filming, what did we see? No sign of any so-called new coaches at all, just lots and lots of train engines and very old coaches again.

It seems Joly is not just taking the mickey out of certain individuals and companies on his programme, but the viewers as well.

The assumption being made seemed to be that you could joing any carriages of any type/vintage together and it would work as a "train". I really don't think rolling stock works like that.

Most of the stuff that was shown looked past it (as the train minister bloke said).

Mind you, I loved the bit where Dom handed his fake 'fare strike' ticket into the collector who immediately invited him to "have a talk with my colleague here", to which Dom replied, "not really," to which the collector just said, "OK then," and let him go!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    Sambda wrote: »
    Mind you, I loved the bit where Dom handed his fake 'fare strike' ticket into the collector who immediately invited him to "have a talk with my colleague here", to which Dom replied, "not really," to which the collector just said, "OK then," and let him go!

I loved that part. Was hilarious! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    He is a pest. SUE REED IS PAUL ZENON. It is so so funny. If he wastalnted then he would have made more programmes in the past 25 years than a couple of pilots and 1 set of 4 programmes for channel 4 in the 1990's.

Did you see the programme he made comparing his and Dom Jolly's programmes? They are nothing alike. It is like anthony Worrell Thompson saying that Gordon Ramsay has ripped him off cos he too is doing a programme on cooking.

I was taking to his ex Rachel who works for the Udderbelly and she says that his show in Edinbrough is the laughing stock amoungst the performers because he is trying to hang on to fame. Let it go and have some dignity Mr Zenon/Suee Reed?Houdini etc etc