Options

F1 Coverage - The Verdict: 2015 Season

Comments

• Options
    malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    F1-Addict wrote: »
    Uninterrupted until the BBC goes off air, so from 3pm until around 6pm. It still bugs me that Sky do this when the viewers have a choice of where to watch but when they're your only option they choose to offer comparatively sub-par coverage.

It also depends what the rights holder specifies. With The Open, Sky have agreed only 5 minutes of adverts per hour, so much less than normal.
  • Options
    Aaron_ScotlandAaron_Scotland Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed that 2014 Bahrain review on Sky just now.
  • Options
    mjrmjr Posts: 2,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mjr wrote: »
    In Jenson's case, given the apparent odds of his car packing up again today, perhaps they should set aside a spare mic for him this weekend! ;) Actually isn't that basically how Martin Brundle started in TV?

I'd rather not have been right about this, but 17 laps the entire weekend and now the car's been fenced off in the garage :( Go get a mic, someone!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Been a while since Ive tried the Sky red button as it crashes my box.. Unsurprisingly, it still crashes it! Great.
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,397
    Forum Member
    I'd rather not have been right about this, but 17 laps the entire weekend and now the car's been fenced off in the garage :( Go get a mic, someone!
    McLaren found a problem with the ERS & determined that it wasn't safe to send him out so Button won't start.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Been a while since Ive tried the Sky red button as it crashes my box.. Unsurprisingly, it still crashes it! Great.

Red button working fine here
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lettice wrote: »

I just get a 'Loading' photo with a white outline of a box top left, it does nothing else. Then I have to power off the box as it cant even go back to the channel.
  • Options
    EastendwhovianEastendwhovian Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    But disappointed that Martin was all friendly and happy with the Crown Prince of Bahrain, I mean I wouldn't expect him to mention all the names of the journalists that they've imprisoned for reporting the news! Although I would have love him to have mentioned it, I know he probably wouldn't. But being all friendly was a bit off putting.

But good features from both today, nice discussion on the BBC about the future of F1, whilst the last year recap on Sky was great.
  • Options
    F1-AddictF1-Addict Posts: 812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    malcy30 wrote: »
    It also depends what the rights holder specifies. With The Open, Sky have agreed only 5 minutes of adverts per hour, so much less than normal.
    Golf is a good example of what I'm saying in fact. On Thursday & Friday during The Masters Sky are limited in the adverts they can take but they make full use of what the contract allows. However on Saturday & Sunday when the BBC share live coverage, Sky reduce their use of adverts noticeably. Again it shows contempt for the viewer while they expect us to be grateful for their 'commitment to better coverage' which is actually just Sky covering themselves.

It's a shame Sky don't have 5.1 sound on the red button main feed especially now that they don't offer the streams on the Sky website, it means deciding between surround sound or additional streams. The BBC feeds fulfill the criteria this weekend but it's an inconvenience for the other 10 races where that's not an option.

I must mention that Rachel has proved to be infinitely better than Natalie in every way. Not looking forward to Piinkham's return in Europe.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lettice wrote: »

BBC Sport website works but a bit of a delay.
  • Options
    _SpeedRacer__SpeedRacer_ Posts: 6,724
    Forum Member
    Timing app is hopeless today :(
  • Options
    alexj2002alexj2002 Posts: 3,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has every spectator at the circuit been assigned their own personal cameraman?
  • Options
    VDUBsterVDUBster Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC's Red Button prompts for the Snooker are being very annoying today. Have had to hide them 3 times already since the start of the race.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    The f1 app is showing blank timing screens and commentary is very sparse
  • Options
    alexj2002alexj2002 Posts: 3,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No mic, but JB's commentating the race on his twitter.
  • Options
    TrajetTrajet Posts: 2,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fred Nasr. :D
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,625
    Forum Member
    Timing app is hopeless today :(
    First time I have ever tried using it on my tablet and it was randomly jumping from this lap to that earlier lap back to some other lap. It is not always that bad then?
  • Options
    DanManF1DanManF1 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Live timing was an utter joke today. It's been working really well all weekend with the most recent update and then everything just broke after lap 1. They should start giving the fans small refunds now that the free trial is over, but obviously there's no chance of that happening.

Glad FOM didn't use the wirecam again at the start. They weren't too bad today apart from the silly amount of pointless spectator shots in the early stages.
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig Slater to Danny Ric: "you seemed to stop on track there"

No shit sherlock
  • Options
    FOMFanFOMFan Posts: 5,467
    Forum Member
    DanManF1 wrote: »
    Live timing was an utter joke today. It's been working really well all weekend with the most recent update and then everything just broke after lap 1. They should start giving the fans small refunds now that the free trial is over, but obviously there's no chance of that happening.

Glad FOM didn't use the wirecam again at the start. They weren't too bad today apart from the silly amount of pointless spectator shots in the early stages.

The terms & conditions for F1 Access, which all subscribers have accepted, clearly state (It's in ALL CAPS for emphasis) that no refunds will be given to users under any circumstances.
  • Options
    BenFranklinBenFranklin Posts: 5,814
    Forum Member
    Hated the low down camera position on the inside of turn 1, had no idea what was going on when cars were battling side by side.
  • Options
    BenFranklinBenFranklin Posts: 5,814
    Forum Member
    FOM Fan wrote: »
    The terms & conditions for F1 Access, which all subscribers have accepted, clearly state (It's in ALL CAPS for emphasis) that no refunds will be given to users under any circumstances.

The legality of that is questionable.
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FOM Fan wrote: »

So if it didn't work at all for the rest of the season noone would be entitled to a refund? Doubt it
  • Options
    racefreakracefreak Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DanManF1 wrote: »

It's not like the timing app is new technology, after several years they still can't get it to work properly. And how do I gain access to the F1 site if I bought the app from google play? 4 races in this season are gone and that still is not working. The creators of this app are ordinary thieves if you ask me.
  • Options
    EchtiEchti Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    Actually I had no problems with the app throughout the entire race.
This discussion has been closed.