Options

What's for Dinner tonight? (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chicken breast baked in foil with a sprinkle of Paxo, with bread sauce (from a packet :o) and veggies.
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brisket pot roast, with roasted carrots,potatoes and parsnip, plus cauli and broccoli.
  • Options
    .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    do you drain your tats and shake em well,, makes them all fluffy

My routine goes:

Par boil
    Shake to fluff up
    Heat oil or fat until sizzling
    Add potatoes (they hiss when they hit the pan)
    Turn a couple of times during cooking and add some salt about 20 minutes before the end of cooking.

That normally works like a charm, but didn't for the last few weeks for no apparent reason. better today though.
  • Options
    tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chicken Fajitas washed down with a bottle of Faustino VII Rioja Blanco.
  • Options
    eric_the_beeeric_the_bee Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    .Lauren. wrote: »
    My routine goes:

Par boil
    Shake to fluff up
    Heat oil or fat until sizzling
    Add potatoes (they hiss when they hit the pan)
    Turn a couple of times during cooking and add some salt about 20 minutes before the end of cooking.

That normally works like a charm, but didn't for the last few weeks for no apparent reason. better today though.

i know this will seem weird, but my mum, par boils the potatoes, then lets them cool, then "slits" them with a knife about 10 times across and half way down in depth, pours cold oil over them, and then throws them into a v.v.hot oven.
    The reults are fantastic. I think its down to the time it takes the oil to heat up, lets it soak into the spud before crisping it up, that makes the difference. She did try adding semolina flour which has been mentioned in a different thread, but this didn't improve the crispiness, as they were as crispy as they were going to get.
  • Options
    Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,334,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chicken Kievs & Spuds
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pork stir fry, with a satay sauce and rice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    last night I had panner shila or something like that, some chicken thing, and chana masala - not as good as normal. The paneer was really sweet but I don't know why I didn't add anything sugary... bizarer. Nice though

O and home made naan.

Tonight and the rest of this week si going to be intestesting as we have run out of money for the month and we have eggs, a slab of halloumi, popcorn, spices, sweet potatoes, peppers, tinned beans - not baked beans, home made cakes and icecream hah. Bring on the fun
  • Options
    PrincessChloePrincessChloe Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Lamb tagine.

We are going to cook with our tagine for the first time later, we've marinaded the lamb in the Hanout for 3 days and we're going to add potatoes, carrots and white asparagus at the end and serve with plain rice.
  • Options
    NickelbackNickelback Posts: 23,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spaghetti Bolognese
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i know this will seem weird, but my mum, par boils the potatoes, then lets them cool, then "slits" them with a knife about 10 times across and half way down in depth, pours cold oil over them, and then throws them into a v.v.hot oven.
    The reults are fantastic. I think its down to the time it takes the oil to heat up, lets it soak into the spud before crisping it up, that makes the difference. She did try adding semolina flour which has been mentioned in a different thread, but this didn't improve the crispiness, as they were as crispy as they were going to get.
    I'll give that a go. Thanks!

Tonight is:
    Fusilli with artichoke pesto and pangrattato
    http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/27090/fusilli+with+artichoke+pesto+and+pangrattato
  • Options
    TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    I got out what I thought was Chilli from the freezer but it turns out to be Rhubarb so I'm a bit buggered.

Might have to be a take-away.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    leftover curry
  • Options
    LoisLois Posts: 118,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got out what I thought was Chilli from the freezer but it turns out to be Rhubarb so I'm a bit buggered.

Might have to be a take-away.

:D:D

Cottage pie with broccoli, peas and carrots.
  • Options
    PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this isn't the right place, but I don't want to start a whole thread for one question. So tonight I am making a pasta sauce recipe, and I was just wondering can you freeze almost anything if I make too much?
  • Options
    missloomissloo Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chinese takeaway - going to docs at 7 so not enough time really now i'm home to cook something and get away in time to make it to the docs. Will have to be extra good the rest of the week :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know this isn't the right place, but I don't want to start a whole thread for one question. So tonight I am making a pasta sauce recipe, and I was just wondering can you freeze almost anything if I make too much?
    Pretty much. Is it tomato based or cream based? You might want to make the base then split it so you can save half the base then use the rest for your meal tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Pretty much. Is it tomato based or cream based? You might want to make the base then split it so you can save half the base then use the rest for your meal tonight.

It is tomato and double cream, with chopped chorizo.

I just make lots of recipes and I make too much and never know if I would be able to freeze some for another time. It would be nice if they could add on all recipes whether they are freezable like they add all the calorie content and things. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It is tomato and double cream, with chopped chorizo.

I just make lots of recipes and I make too much and never know if I would be able to freeze some for another time. It would be nice if they could add on all recipes whether they are freezable like they add all the calorie content and things. :)
    It should be fine but beacuse of the cream it may not last as long in the freezer and you should probably cook it more gently when reheating it.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Burger & chips :o
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Homemade cheese and onion pie, with salad and ovenchips.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Burger & chips :o

What happened to KFC? :)
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    I'll give that a go. Thanks!

Tonight is:
    Fusilli with artichoke pesto and pangrattato
    http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/27090/fusilli+with+artichoke+pesto+and+pangrattato
    Bleugh!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been at college again tonight so have had 2 bags of crisps and some bourbon biscuits. Oh dear :o
  • Options
    Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,334,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spaghetti bolagnese
This discussion has been closed.