Options

Weird virus- help!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 538
Forum Member
✭✭
Last Wednesday I went to the gym as usual- half way into my first exercise I literally had to pack my things and go home. I just felt so terribly weak and nautious.
Since then I've practically been bed-ridden! I feel incredibly weak, my head and eyeballs are sore, throat is swollen and I'm now, 5 days later, getting diarrhoea (sorry...).
I've been resting, eating and drinking regularly but don't seem to be getting any better. Only reason I've not been to my GP is that I can't face leaving the house.
Is there a similar bug goin around does anyone know, and are there things I'm not doing that I should be?

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    I was getting ready to recommend Malware Bytes when I saw the thread title but I see now that's not relevant!

The best recommendations are to contact NHS 111 for advice http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/Emergencyandurgentcareservices/Pages/NHS-111.aspx, see a doctor or pharmacist or visit an A&E unit. Some forums do have medical doctors at hand as part of the forum staff but even they emphasise getting real world diagnoses.
  • Options
    BowmaniBowmani Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    moose1982 wrote: »
    Last Wednesday I went to the gym as usual- half way into my first exercise I literally had to pack my things and go home. I just felt so terribly weak and nautious.
    Since then I've practically been bed-ridden! I feel incredibly weak, my head and eyeballs are sore, throat is swollen and I'm now, 5 days later, getting diarrhoea (sorry...).
    I've been resting, eating and drinking regularly but don't seem to be getting any better. Only reason I've not been to my GP is that I can't face leaving the house.
    Is there a similar bug goin around does anyone know, and are there things I'm not doing that I should be?

Thank you

I'm afraid my only advice is stay away from gyms. They're a breeding ground for viruses and diseases.
  • Options
    ikkleosuikkleosu Posts: 11,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See your doctor. My husband had a similar thing last summer. He suddenly felt very sweaty and nauseus and exhausted. He went to bed, felt a bit better, tried to go out and then felt awful again. Pile of blood tests later proved it to be some weird infection in his liver.

What I'm saying is, bugs aren't just colds and tummy bugs, all parts of your body can get infections for seemingly no reason. If it's been 5 days and you're no better, see your doctor.