Options

Do cats fart?

2»

Comments

• Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm lucky that I haven't come across one. Yet.

My aunt had a Jack Russell Terrier, who - during his final years - had a digestive problem that gave him flatulence. In other words, he farted every other hour. Sometimes he had the grace to look embarrassed and occasionally, he looked startled as if he didn't know he was capable of farting. And other times, he looked as if he didn't give a ****. My daughter nicknamed him Yollo (from YOLO) for that alone. I can't remember his real name any more. I can only remember him as The Farty Dog or Yollo.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Of course they do, it's why they sway their tales from side to side.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As they have no buttocks they do not make a sound.

My cat rarely farts, but when she does it's bad, very, very bad.

And she looks at ME in disgust and leaves the room.

I can't figure out whether she knows it's her and is acting, or has no CLUE that she emits the foulness herself and just assumes it must be me.:confused:
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    I've got a black cat on my lap which has just let rip with the most evil smelling stench! <bork!> :(
  • Options
    RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luckily for me, my four cats don't fart unless I feed them Whiskas (either dried or tinned, or any of their branded treats or the cat milk). Nothing else seems to make them fart at all, so I don't buy Whiskas. Ever.
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Some cats also snore. As do some dogs.
  • Options
    LifeisGoodLifeisGood Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MAW wrote: »
    Women cats are doubly bad. And doubly smelly.

Yes I've had many cats, and the girlies are definitely worse, and so much less discreet than the boys in their toilet habits in general.

I've only ever smelled a boy cat's fart once out of the 5 boy cats I've had. Never saw them poo or wee - they would go in the trees at the back of the garden. Girl cats - shameless - look you in the eye while doing their business in the middle of the lawn.

Dogs' farts are on another level though. He's a big boy, and could clear a room when he let's one go. It hangs around for ages too. Far worse than my husband and that's saying something.
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    I've had cats all my life and never been aware of them farting.

Kitten farts though?! Dear Gods. It's unnatural. How can something so tiny and cute produce a stench that can make your eyes water?!
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    I've had cats all my life and never been aware of them farting.

Kitten farts though?! Dear Gods. It's unnatural. How can something so tiny and cute produce a stench that can make your eyes water?!

Seems to be a problem with mammal babies regardless of species. I wonder if kangaroo young fart in their mother's pouches? I think coming up with stuff like this means it's time for bed.