Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 62)

Comments

• Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Viewers came back to IAC for the final then. Those X Factor lead-ins have definitely been vital on Sunday nights IMO, even though the singing show has declined.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    Michelle Osborn ‏@michellosborn 6s6 seconds ago
    Strictly results peaks at 10.8 million, average of 9.1 for Pixie's shock exit! #BBC1

UK TV Ratings ‏@TVRatingsUK 22s23 seconds ago
    The 2014 #ImACelebrity final averaged a mighty 10.52m/42.0%, putting it top for the day.
    #Strictly - 9.29m/35.2%
    #XFactor - 8.34m/32.1%.

Excellent for IAC! Highest rating of the series!

UK TV Ratings ‏@TVRatingsUK 24s25 seconds ago
    #CoronationStreet could only manage 5.33m/20.7%, less than Countryfile (6.75m), the BBC News at 5.55 (5.66m) and Antiques Roadshow (5.52m).

Ouch for Corrie! Cue 5 million posts declaring that it is in crisis and how Stuart Blackburn should be burnt at the stake ;)

Well it'd only be fair, it's what happens to a certain other soap all the time (even if it's clashing or has a time change like Corrie did yesterday.... ;) )
  • Options
    Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,574
    Forum Member
    Ouch for Corrie! Cue 5 million posts declaring that it is in crisis and how Stuart Blackburn should be burnt at the stake ;)

He should be for the cackhanded way he handled Emmerdale (and needlessly killing off Carl King)
    ---
    random question, I notice that BBC One is showing The Avengers over Christmas, but has any channel confirmed that they are/will be showing Captain America and Thor?

edit: I mentioned the wrong dead King brother :p
  • Options
    lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    UK TV Ratings ‏@TVRatingsUK 43s43 seconds ago
    #RememberMe concluded with 4.07m/15.5%. The final session of the #Snooker averaged a decent 2.07m/8.0% from 7pm on @BBCTwo.

Jenny Cummins ‏@jscummins 1m1 minute ago
    The final of @imacelebrity topped the ratings last night, with an audience peak of 11.2m/49% share. @TheXFactor peaked with 10.1m/37% share.
    He should be for the cackhanded way he handled Emmerdale (and needlessly killing off Tom King)
    ---
    random question, I notice that BBC One is showing The Avengers over Christmas, but has any channel confirmed that they are/will be showing Captain America and Thor?

I agree with you completely, he's turned it into a pantomime. It's frustrating to see a programme that I've loved ever since I was 5 turned into a big mess.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's around 1m higher for X Factor which surprises me, great for IAC and Strictly.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. I was not expecting a rating like that for IAC. Topped the launch.

Poor for Corrie but no less deserved. I imagine the Royal Variety tonight might be higher than if Corrie was in the slot.
  • Options
    MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member
    He should be for the cackhanded way he handled Emmerdale (and needlessly killing off Tom King)
    ---

Are they made by the same studio ? BBC have a deal for the Disney films I believe which could prove worthwhile when the new Star Wars is up for showing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle Osborn ‏@michellosborn 6s6 seconds ago
    Strictly results peaks at 10.8 million, average of 9.1 for Pixie's shock exit! #BBC1

UK TV Ratings ‏@TVRatingsUK 22s23 seconds ago
    The 2014 #ImACelebrity final averaged a mighty 10.52m/42.0%, putting it top for the day.
    #Strictly - 9.29m/35.2%
    #XFactor - 8.34m/32.1%.

Excellent for IAC! Highest rating of the series!

UK TV Ratings ‏@TVRatingsUK 24s25 seconds ago
    #CoronationStreet could only manage 5.33m/20.7%, less than Countryfile (6.75m), the BBC News at 5.55 (5.66m) and Antiques Roadshow (5.52m).

Ouch for Corrie! Cue 5 million posts declaring that it is in crisis and how Stuart Blackburn should be burnt at the stake ;) But that is dire for Corrie, one of its lowest ratings ever I think.

Why not!? He should be sacked for producing such crap.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ---

Both feature in trails for Sky Movies
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ---

I know he should, and I hope he is sacked and never works on a TV show again but I'm just pre-empting the inevitable 5 billion posts that usually occur on here.
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ---

Carl King you mean, Tom was murdered long before the evil Hat was in charge.:o
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I'm A Celebrity is down because big names have gone and has declined. ITV should axe it.

*Looks at ratings*

Never mind! :D
  • Options
    MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member

Perhaps after Christmas Day's low ratings ITV may take a look at his contract

It doesn't look good for Corrie with figures like that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Corrie figure highlights what a delicate place the soaps are in generally just now.

ITV wouldn't want to test viewer loyalty much more by airing eps in alternative timeslots. This isn't 10-15 years ago, they can't do whatever the hell they want and expect viewers to follow like sheep.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Carl King you mean, Tom was murdered long before the evil Hat was in charge.:o

Yes Carl King, my brain is warming up this morning :p
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Markynotts wrote: »
    Are they made by the same studio ? BBC have a deal for the Disney films I believe which could prove worthwhile when the new Star Wars is up for showing
    Yep different studios. The Avengers was the first Marvel movie distributed through Disney. Thor 1 and Captain America 1 were distributed through Paramount.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »

Surely that's the sequels, I'm taking about the Phase 1 movies. I also forgot Iron Man 2 in previous post

Iron Man - Channel 4
    Incredible Hulk - ITV
    Iron Man 2 - ???
    Thor - ???
    Captain America - ???
    The Avengers - BBC One
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »

Are they not the sequels?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jake lyle wrote: »
    Yep different studios. The Avengers was the first Marvel movie distributed through Disney. Thor 1 and Captain America 1 were distributed through Paramount.

So it could be a straight fight between ITV and Channel 4 then, as they have the previous films.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So it could be a straight fight between ITV and Channel 4 then, as they have the previous films.
    Unless Paramount titles go to Channel 5 now it is owned by Viacom. We just don't know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »
    Unless Paramount titles go to Channel 5 now it is owned by Viacom. We just don't know.

Haha let's share the Marvel love :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I am surprised that 10.5m chose to watch the final when this past week has been so weak and underwhelming. But I'm very pleased Foggy won over desperate Jake.
  • Options
    Forum Member

No idea who has the Paramount contract these days. We may get Iron Man 3 before Iron Man 2!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jake lyle wrote: »
    No idea who has the Paramount contract these days. We may get Iron Man 3 before Iron Man 2!

Well seeing as we're getting the fully formed Avengers, before being introduced to Black Widow, Thor or Cap then that's hardly surprising.

Shame that there won't be a logical flow to the FTA Marvel Cinematic Universe premieres
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mike while you are around do you have a top 20 for yesterday (Sunday)?
This discussion has been closed.