Continuum - Canadian Pace

Comments

• 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Well, the police bossman did ask her to give the details of her direct supervisor so he could phone them, but (luckily for her ;) ) the terrorists started their attacks just at that moment so it got left aside. Convenient, but not too bad you can't suspend disbelief.

I'm sure that in ep 2, she'll provide some convincing credentials, courtesy of the magic-catsuit and/or the Young CSM.

Your probably right, because now her mission is set, she now needs to assimilate into society and remain beyond suspicion.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    I thought the first episode was okay. I found her inclusion to the police force slightly unbelieveable, because at no point did she provide an documented evidenance of who she is. As for the escaped convicts, i can't say that their cause is something i find interesting. The world will always be corrupt, they just want to be the leaders of of it. But i do suspect her husband has a role to play in the revoultion.

She came across as someone who is in law enforcement though, so up until a certain point they just believed it.
  • aka_luciferaka_lucifer Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice little touch that the corporate government bombing was on November 5th...
  • lloydsimcolloydsimco Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    Great show, at last one that may not be cancelled after one season!!
  • Mr MoriartyMr Moriarty Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was thinking of giving this show a try, but was just wondering, what is the characterisation/acting like? any consistent depth to it or is it pretty thin stuff?
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Was thinking of giving this show a try, but was just wondering, what is the characterisation/acting like? any consistent depth to it or is it pretty thin stuff?

Who knows how things will develop as far as the characterization goes, but the acting is "workman-like" at best, and no doubt was not intended to be better. This is a populist, action-oriented show, and certainly nobody's idea of "award-worthy" TV.
  • pon farrpon farr Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Have to say, really liked the first episode, huge fan of time travel shows and anything featuring Lexa Doig.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    pon farr wrote: »
    Have to say, really liked the first episode, huge fan of time travel shows and anything featuring Lexa Doig.

Have you seen 'The New Professionals'? She is in that too.
  • DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ooh its nearly Sunday :)

I hope it doesn't drop too much in the ratings
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pon farr wrote: »
    and anything featuring Lexa Doig.

hah i know what you mean :D
  • alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    Just started watching, but had to pause it and pop back here to say...

MASTER BRA'TAC! :D

Haha i had just watched SG1 lost city part 1 and 2 before watching and yet my first thought was the sarah connor chronicles :o

Has anyone got a clue whose side we are meant to be on i'm defiantly leaning towards the terrorists side, and i would watch this just for Rachel Nichols but its very good so far.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Just watched the pilot episode. Not bad, so far. First 15 minutes were a bit dodgy, but the premise is interesting enough for me to stick around.

Those ads at the bottom are infuriating :mad: They're so frequent and take up a stupid amount of space!
  • DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Just watched the pilot episode. Not bad, so far. First 15 minutes were a bit dodgy, but the premise is interesting enough for me to stick around.

Those ads at the bottom are infuriating :mad: They're so frequent and take up a stupid amount of space!
    my thoughts exactly
    the ads were very distracting
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha i had just watched SG1 lost city part 1 and 2 before watching and yet my first thought was the sarah connor chronicles :o

Has anyone got a clue whose side we are meant to be on i'm defiantly leaning towards the terrorists side, and i would watch this just for Rachel Nichols but its very good so far.

Ha, I forgot he was in that too.

Yeah, the terrorists seem to have the "right" motives (freedom, democracy)... but they're going about it all the "wrong" way.

There must be more too it. You can't have a series where the bad guys are fighting for democracy and the hero is fighting against it...

I guess at some point she'll start questioning her allegiances, perhaps realise that the corporate dictatorship is "wrong" etc., but without going "bad" like the terrorists.

I hate those sort of ads. They're so common, though :( Showcase's Lost Girl also suffers from them, plus Syfy US seems to have a thing for them too.
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,327
    Forum Member
    Showcase adds are a bit too big, I just hope they never produce the verbal ones again. I think the season finale of Lost Girl last year one of the actors in the adds starting speaking and freaked most of us out.

Apart from being over some of the Lost Girl scene, as everyone had got used to the size of the adds no one was watching them and wasn't expecting voices....
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Tribec wrote: »
    I think the season finale of Lost Girl last year one of the actors in the adds starting speaking and freaked most of us out.

Yeh, that sounds familiar. I think it might have been an ad for Covert Affairs.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot what show it was but at one point they started speaking in anothr language, so it showed subtitles. Then an ad came up and you missed half of what was said because it blocked them.
  • fenlanderfenlander Posts: 2,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Try the web-dl version. For ep.1 it was only a couple of hours behind the regular d/l.
  • Gott Sei DankGott Sei Dank Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    Another familar face was Curtis from 24 as the new leader of the Escapees.

Roger Cross is "Joshua" first and foremost for me, although it's hard to forget he appeared in the L-Word as well :eek:
    fenlander wrote: »
    Try the web-dl version. For ep.1 it was only a couple of hours behind the regular d/l.

This has to be done, I'd love to know how those obtrusive ads are justified.
    Forum Member
    This has to be done, I'd love to know how those obtrusive ads are justified.

Not that I don't hate them too, but I think it is obvious how the channels justify them. Between people flipping to other channels or walking out of the room during ad breaks, or recording shows and fast-forwarding through the ads, it is only during the programme that the channel can be sure people are actually looking at the screen.
    Forum Member
    Very nice to see that my biggest problem with the first episode was taken care of: The Vancouver police not verifying that the woman claiming to be a cop from Portland really is whom she claimed to be. It also looks like this show is going to be more serialized than I was expecting.
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,327
    Forum Member
    Well I struggled with the credit's monologue, it just couldn't be heard, or maybe it was me. However as MoreTears said they are going to develop the storyline rather than have one or two story arc's running through the series.

After watching this episode I thought I'd come up with what the long term plan was, or was supposed to be for the Liber8 guys, however I'm not so sure now. I'm certain that Kellog will have more to do about the story arc than the rest of them. However, the reaction to the mention of her family and ultimately the realisation that she may never get home was well played.

If over the remaining 8 epsidoes they take the story of not only the future and the present along at the current rate, not only will we have a better idea of everything in the future, but we could be at least one or two Liber8 members short.

I think I enjoyed this episode better than the first one to be honest. Though she didn't half learn to drive quickly..
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's all a bit violent.

Those terrorists don't take prisoners.

Looking forward to the next episodes.
    Forum Member
    Tribec wrote: »
    Well I struggled with the credit's monologue, it just couldn't be heard, or maybe it was me.

Sounded clear enough on TV in Canada. Maybe there was a problem when someone uploaded a copy of the episode to the internet.
    Forum Member
    It's all a bit violent.

Those terrorists don't take prisoners.

Terrorists don't take prisoners.:)

Liber8 killed thousands of innocents in their own time. It would be incongruous for them to have respect for innocent people in 2012.