Have you done the Ice Bucket Challenge?

Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm doing it tomorrow and I don't know why, but the thought of ice and water poured of me has me anxious lol!

It is for a great cause though and totally worth it considering what people who suffer from ALS go through.

Any of you guys done it? :)

Comments

• WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, and I wouldn't take part if I were nominated. I would just quietly make a donation to the charity instead.

I am possibly a massive party pooper but I am really not into wacky hijinks for charity. It's just not my cup of tea...I won't even watch Children In Need.
  • EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    No because I'm not a sheep
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It hasn't hit my group of friends yet, but if I was nominated I'd do it.
  • xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    It hasn't hit my group of friends yet, but if I was nominated I'd do it.

Same if i was nominated I'd do it and donate because it's raises awareness
  • newda898newda898 Posts: 5,464
    Forum Member
    No because I'm not a sheep

^ What they said ^
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, did it tonight after my daughter nominated me.
    I think the whole village heared me, I screamed before it even came near me :) but hey it's for a good cause.
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, but in Tromsø I did once jump into a hole carved into the ice. I can't imagine a poxy little ice-bucket coming anywhere near that level of shock.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not done the challenge and I don't intend to either. I'm not doing something just so I can be part of a group that's done something that's ridiculously stupid. Doing it is just sackless.
  • EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    I've not done the challenge and I don't intend to either. I'm not doing something just so I can be part of a group that's done something that's ridiculously stupid. Doing it is just sackless.

The man who invented the ice bucket challenge died from drowning, he dived from a building into water
  • jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a sheep either so I totally agree with what you and others have said.
  • Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a bit better than the "Neknominate" trend, because who didn't see a few morons killing themselves when that came about. But it does seem a bit "They're gonna love this on facebook!!!", and not, like, for charity. The charities would just prefer the money I think.
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    I've been nominated and I will be doing it in memory of my dad, who lost his battle with MND on my daughter's first birthday.

I am f***ing terrified! Dad was a notorious joker though, nae doubt he'll be sitting there on his wee cloud with a bottle of malt, pishin himself laughing. :D
  • seelleeseellee Posts: 10,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No and wouldn't do it even if nominated. I have my own nominated charity I give to regularly and I don't give to any others.
  • bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been nominated and I will be doing it in memory of my dad, who lost his battle with MND on my daughter's first birthday.

I am f***ing terrified! Dad was a notorious joker though, nae doubt he'll be sitting there on his wee cloud with a bottle of malt, pishin himself laughing. :D

Good for you!

I'm not sure I will do it as my contribution was considerable hours of unpaid time at the ALS clinic.

Where I met many lovely people.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit better than the "Neknominate" trend, because who didn't see a few morons killing themselves when that came about. But it does seem a bit "They're gonna love this on facebook!!!", and not, like, for charity. The charities would just prefer the money I think.

You'll always get some who'll want to do whatever the next craze is. The Neknominate thing was stupid as well.
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Went for a sauna once where they waft the air with beach towels so your burning hot to the point your face is cracking then they tip buckets if ice over you. It's supposed to improve blood circulation.
  • GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    If you want to donate to charity, good for you! Perhaps encourage others to do the same or take part in some voluntary work for the charity, organise an event or something. But no, there has to be a big 'look at me' attention seeking craze.
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Real men do the piss bucket challenge.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonmorris wrote: »
    I'm not a sheep either so I totally agree with what you and others have said.

:D:D Bravo!
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My friend has just told me I'm next in the firing line. With me running a half marathon in 2 weeks (and fundraising for that) and currently fighting off a chest infection I've told him he has another think coming.

I'll donate though.
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Haha, I better see that on fb!

I've been nominated twice, but would rather just give the money as MND runs in my family.
    Forum Member
    I'm not doing it to seek attention for myself, in fact I always prefer to stay out of the limelight and that aspect of it will be a bigger challenge to me than getting cold and wet. I'm doing it because I lost my dad to MND/ALS and this is part of a campaign to raise awareness of the disease and raise funds for research. Call it wacky, stupid or whatever...but for the first time in the 11 years since my dad died, people are actually talking about MND/ALS, asking questions and raising funds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not doing it to seek attention for myself, in fact I always prefer to stay out of the limelight and that aspect of it will be a bigger challenge to me than getting cold and wet. I'm doing it because I lost my dad to MND/ALS and this is part of a campaign to raise awareness of the disease and raise funds for research. Call it wacky, stupid or whatever...but for the first time in the 11 years since my dad died, people are actually talking about MND/ALS, asking questions and raising funds.

Quite right. I am happy donating, but don't want to tip cold water over me lol.
    Forum Member
    Dammit, there goes my nomination. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dammit, there goes my nomination. :p

Unlucky :P