Options

Bioshock Infinite

Comments

• Options
    Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grrrrr, got this today, just started playing and i get headaches from it. Motion sickness?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I feel GRRRRR too :mad: but only due to the ineptitude of Amazon.

Pre-ordered the game and pay for Prime and then they go and send it through Royal Mail so not got it :(
  • Options
    Jen-BJen-B Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just downloaded and booted it up. Whether through stupidity or a misplaced sense of bravery, my first playthrough is going to be in '1999 mode'. I shall report back as to whether I come to regret this decision.
  • Options
    Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am playing it on PC and it'd a fantastic game so far. Deserves its ratings and IMO game of the year :-)
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's only March....
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i might never play the bioshock games, but BI really did catch my eye ..... or to me the ear!!!

first time i say the trailer on tv, it actually was an EMOTIONAL effect on me!!!

that beautiful song, and the elizabeth character too!
    then it kicks into the BEAST OF AMERICA song!!!!!

fantastic stuff
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. Only march
  • Options
    Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not that good so far to be honest!
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Jay-Cee wrote: »
    I am playing it on PC and it'd a fantastic game so far. Deserves its ratings and IMO game of the year :-)

People were saying that in the Tomb Raider thread the other week. :p

Then again, coming after Aliens CM and Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, I suppose ANY good game will be highly praised right away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    People were saying that in the Tomb Raider thread the other week. :p

Then again, coming after Aliens CM and Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, I suppose ANY good game will be highly praised right away.

Lol:-) I didn't play tomb raider but you have to try infinite. In a long time I have not had this much excitement for s game. Been looking forward to it since 2011
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been watching some gameplay on youtube looks amazing will pick this up after Tomb Raider.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm absolutely loving it so far. I had REALLY high hopes for this one, and so far I'm about as far from disappointed as a dude can be. Columbia is an amazing location, every bit as believable and wonderfully wrong as Rapture was; it's like one of those nightmares where everyone's smiling. So many little details that just go together to create a real sense of place.
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been playing this all day today; what an absolutely fantastic experience. I only played the first one previously, but like that, there's a lot of really deep stuff that makes you think hidden away in the game.
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    jrmswfc wrote: »
    No spoilers, but....

Come now, surely that IS actually a spoiler. In future, ANYTHING that could give ANYTHING away in spoiler tags please...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    rainbowsix wrote: »
    I feel GRRRRR too :mad: but only due to the ineptitude of Amazon.

Pre-ordered the game and pay for Prime and then they go and send it through Royal Mail so not got it :(

Amazon has been useless with Tuesday releases lately, the last 3 have all arrived a day late for me (I know it's only a day, but when you pay for release day delivery it's annoying...). Send them an email complaining about the late delivery and they should compensate you with your postage back (or a voucher since you're a Prime member).

As for Bioshock, I'm loving it so far, it's very engrossing, and quite gorgeous to look at (playing on PC). It's got that "spark" that made Bioshock 1 such a good game.
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    CJClarke wrote: »
    It's got that "spark" that made Bioshock 1 such a good game.

Well it is made by the same team after all, BioShock 2 was designed by a different studio as ken turned down the offer to do another BioShock set in Rapture.
  • Options
    Ian KaneIan Kane Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty gutted this isn't a next gen console title. Watched the first half hour this morning (leave me alone, I couldn't wait!) on FrankieOnPCin1080p's youtube channel and I was blown away by the graphics on the settings he was using. Played Bioshock on PC so why not Infinite, I thought. Then Steam wouldn't let me in because I don't use the same email anymore and I'm on a new build.

Needless to say after playing the XBOX version I'm gutted. It's nice, but it's not PC nice obviously. I'm really enjoying it but there are some garbage textures in some places which, when you notice them spoil the immersion for me.

So far I'd give it an 7.5/10 after 4 or so hours.
  • Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason my games are not saving it shows the save icon but never loads i always have to start back at the raffle bit .
  • Options
    sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jen-B wrote: »
    Just downloaded and booted it up. Whether through stupidity or a misplaced sense of bravery, my first playthrough is going to be in '1999 mode'. I shall report back as to whether I come to regret this decision.

I didn't think you could do that. Don't you have to unlock 1999 mode somehow?

I'm playing on hard but didn't see an option for that mode? Am I missing something?
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    sparky07 wrote: »

I'm playing on hard but didn't see an option for that mode? Am I missing something?

It's unlocked upon completion of the game, however
    there's a good old fashioned cheat code to unlock it from the off! http://m.joystiq.com/2013/03/25/unlock-bioshock-infinites-1999-mode-early-with-the-konami-code/
  • Options
    LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it like bio shock at all... Because I didn't get on with that. It looks pretty hopefully my rental company will send it to me.
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it like bio shock at all... Because I didn't get on with that. It looks pretty hopefully my rental company will send it to me.

Yes and no. I was thinking about this last night, and it's more 'in the spirit' of Bioshock.
  • Options
    megatron_manmegatron_man Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    started playing last night. love the opening scenes. and when u first get to columbia i especially love the whole
    church vibe and the churchy music with the fermale singer in the background.
  • Options
    Jen-BJen-B Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparky07 wrote: »

OMTT wrote: »
    It's unlocked upon completion of the game, however
    there's a good old fashioned cheat code to unlock it from the off! http://m.joystiq.com/2013/03/25/unlock-bioshock-infinites-1999-mode-early-with-the-konami-code/

I did exactly that, yes :D. When they first mentioned putting in '1999 mode' a good while ago, I got all excited. I then challenged/promised myself that when I play it, I'll go straight onto that.

And for better or worse...I have.
  • Options
    reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    I've played for ten hours and im loving it i am just afraid im going to complete it soon