Who should replace Tulisa and Gary?

InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
Forum Member
I think it's clear that these two will be leaving the show.

My realistic picks would be Harry Judd and Sharon Osbourne.

Comments

• LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Tulisa should stay but if she does go I would love Sharon back.

I'd love Harry Judd on the panel but the replacement for Gary needs to be an honest, harsh, critical judge. Harry seems too nice.
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like Tulisa too stay but agree it's very unlikely. However, I would not want Sharon back ever.

Harry Judd would be a good choice but not agree with Landslide Brad about there needing to be a harsh and critical judge. I'd probably replace Louis if I'm honest.

Personally, I'd like to see Enrique Iglesias join the panel. :)
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it needs to be an opionated, record executive, who is in touch with the current music scene unlike Louis
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Tom Fletcher and Taylor Swift?
  • commentcomment Posts: 920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you're going to have one the McFly boys, Tom would be the best.
  • friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noel Gallagher and Baby Spice.
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally would love to see Kelly Rowland and someone like Enrique Iglesias/Justin Timberlake or Buble
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally, I'd like to see someone a bit more "rock". Maybe someone like Matt Bellamy, Alex Turner or even Charlie Simpson.

In terms of female, either Marina Diamandis or Ellie Goulding.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    Personally would love to see Kelly Rowland and someone like Enrique Iglesias/Justin Timberlake or Buble

I doubt Timberlake would do the UK show. Would love to see him on the US version. I love Kelly, but I would like to see her on the US version.
    For X Factor UK I would love to see Elton John replace Gary. Emelie Sande to replace Tulisa, however I have a feeling it will be Rita Ora.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else think this is the problem with the show now-a-days - From the minute the show ends, there's then 6 months of speculation of who the judges will be? It's getting boring.

If Cowell/the producers keep firing people then why would any star want to be associated with the show? Look at Tulisa, last year she was considered a success, now she's going to be fired - all in the space of the year. There's similar stories now appearing about Britney. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plan B and Una Healy.
  • Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as Mrs O is back, i don't care who the bloke is :p
    Shaz is necessary for a bit of anarchy!

And PLEASE ditch the audience in auditions!! A small room will do fine.
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ASHFORDSTP wrote: »
    I doubt Timberlake would do the UK show. Would love to see him on the US version. I love Kelly, but I would like to see her on the US version.
    For X Factor UK I would love to see Elton John replace Gary. Emelie Sande to replace Tulisa, however I have a feeling it will be Rita Ora.

Elton John is way too big of a star to sit on that panel in my opinion. Emeli won't do it, she doesn't promote her personality that much. I have a feeling that Jay Z probably wont let Rita do it so Cowell will have to hire someone like Mel B or bring Osborne back
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think this is the problem with the show now-a-days - From the minute the show ends, there's then 6 months of speculation of who the judges will be? It's getting boring.

If Cowell/the producers keep firing people then why would any star want to be associated with the show? Look at Tulisa, last year she was considered a success, now she's going to be fired - all in the space of the year. There's similar stories now appearing about Britney. :rolleyes:

Probably because they earn £1m+ a series and get lots of publicity. Plus the next series is the last UK series anyway so it doesn't matter now.
  • MuSiKeMuSiKe Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon and Ozzy.
  • MrMaggyusMrMaggyus Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    I think they should be careful not to pick whoever is current at the time. They need someone with mainstream appeal rather than someone familiar to the under 25s who regularly buy pop music. Too much in recent years has been placed on the assumption the audience gives a toss about how 'new' and 'relevant' people are. I think it's alienated a lot of viewers who frankly couldn't care less.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    Elton John is way too big of a star to sit on that panel in my opinion. Emeli won't do it, she doesn't promote her personality that much. I have a feeling that Jay Z probably wont let Rita do it so Cowell will have to hire someone like Mel B or bring Osborne back

To be fair Elton has openly slagged of the X factor so we can well and truly count him out. I have a feeling Sharon will be back as she did that dog show. I think it's a way to get the British media interested in her.
    I think Jay Z would let Rita do the X factor however it depends if she's releasing her album and doing her promo in the states. I think she's on tour as well. Keisha Buchanan would be a good Tulisa replacement.
  • PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think PJ River would be perfect as a judge.
  • gazmatgazmat Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see a complete refresh of the entire panel. Get in judges with X Factor experience and let's have 5 to prevent any deadlock nonsense.

With that in mind, my dream line up would be 2 Shoes, Jedward and Johnny Robinson as head judge.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok people... Lets get real here. XF UK, imo should reflect Britains music success stories within its panel. Someone who has or still is flying the flag for british music. You also need a judge who has the time, someone like Ed Sheeran would never do it, Taylor Swift doesn't need to do it, a "newbie" like Tulisa wouldn't work again. Nobody wants a "who are you" type judge.

My realistic choices are:

SPICE GIRLS- Mel B (british, biggest girl band in the world at one point, has bags of attitude, always speaks her mind and a bit of a bitch.... Tv NEEDS a new hate figure / remember Simon back in the day)

OASIS- Liam or Noel (Suuuure it might not be very them but lets face it, either of these boys aren't making as much money as they once did, when times are tough you've gotta resort to desperate measures... It could see a whole new legion of fans watching XF)

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Taio Cruz there. (British, has been around for years with mild success...he still hasn't made it BIG yet, yeah Dynamite was massive but he's not a household name, yet he's got a string of hits to his name and has had success stateside, he's young, plus XF could push his career further just like its done for other music artists/judges)
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    imagine___ wrote: »
    Tom Fletcher and Taylor Swift?

Imagine Taylor getting booed every week by the 'Directioners' in the audience.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Imagine Taylor getting booed every week by the 'Directioners' in the audience.

OUCH. Poor girl, I keep forgetting how horrid Directioners really are. I know that there are fans who do respect girlfriends and family and all that - but in that band's fanbase there doesn't seem to be that many of them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    Tulisa will be probably replaced by Sharon or Mel B and for Gary... Robbie?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    No-one I love tulisa and I want her to stay but I`m not really bothered about gary!! :(
  • unicornsunicorns Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Musick1 wrote: »
    Ok people... Lets get real here. XF UK, imo should reflect Britains music success stories within its panel. Someone who has or still is flying the flag for british music. You also need a judge who has the time, someone like Ed Sheeran would never do it, Taylor Swift doesn't need to do it, a "newbie" like Tulisa wouldn't work again. Nobody wants a "who are you" type judge.

My realistic choices are:

SPICE GIRLS- Mel B (british, biggest girl band in the world at one point, has bags of attitude, always speaks her mind and a bit of a bitch.... Tv NEEDS a new hate figure / remember Simon back in the day)

OASIS- Liam or Noel (Suuuure it might not be very them but lets face it, either of these boys aren't making as much money as they once did, when times are tough you've gotta resort to desperate measures... It could see a whole new legion of fans watching XF)

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Taio Cruz there. (British, has been around for years with mild success...he still hasn't made it BIG yet, yeah Dynamite was massive but he's not a household name, yet he's got a string of hits to his name and has had success stateside, he's young, plus XF could push his career further just like its done for other music artists/judges)

I pretty much agree with your picks here.