Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got the impression that his plan is to leave, meaning Tracy will think her fun is over and she won't be bothered about winding Michelle up any more. After that, he will go back to Michelle.
  • Options
    valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    amysmum wrote: »
    Sorry, didn't see your post. I must have skipped over it when catching up with 5 pages! :)

But it definately was Norris that I saw reading it, he was behind the counter in the shop at the time.

Yes it turns out that both Ken and Norris were reading the paper that showed the Korean Grand Prix headline.
  • Options
    valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I got the impression that his plan is to leave, meaning Tracy will think her fun is over and she won't be bothered about winding Michelle up any more. After that, he will go back to Michelle.

Yes Steve is just playing a game so Tracey backs off.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    Hang on a minute, Steve has just walked out on Michelle saying "I Can't Live Like This". Yet he is the one who hustled her on the spur of the moment into letting Tracy and Ryan move in with them. How does that work then? She is getting blamed for his decision that she was against! Pathetic writing. :rolleyes:

That's not how it works. Steve is playing Tracy at her own game.
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »

Maybe, but does Michelle know this? I don't think so, unless I've missed something. Therefore that would be a dangerous game.
  • Options
    mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    amysmum wrote: »
    Idea, advertising, leaflet drop, menu, decoration, costumes and customers for the Morrocan night all in the same day.
    Almost the same customers as the night before, how can these people afford to eat out night after night?

Not to mention half the customers turning up in costume - what's that all about? Since when does anyone dress in national costume whenever they eat in an establishment which serves 'foreign' fare?!
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe, but does Michelle know this? I don't think so, unless I've missed something. Therefore that would be a dangerous game.

The way Michelle stood there looking all wistful through her hair told me she was in on it.
    If she'd not been in on it, she'd have gone on a major strop, all snarl and teeth and lots of things would have been chucked at Steve's head.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I think Michelle knew. That was not her usual response. :eek:

Edit, we seem to be saying the same thing. :)
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No she doesn't and I too think that will prove to be the flaw in Steve's masterplan. :rolleyes::D:D
  • Options
    dee-recdee-rec Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not to mention half the customers turning up in costume - what's that all about? Since when does anyone dress in national costume whenever they eat in an establishment which serves 'foreign' fare?!

Totally agree, these theme nights are ridiculous. Where did they all get their costumes from at a couple of hours notice? And as for the printed leaflets done at the speed of light, completely unbelievable.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who was looking after Max, when Gail, Nick, David were at Audreys house and then went to the Bistro and Kylie was there with Leanne??
    Mary must be superwomen, with all those special theme nights she been doing, always organising them on the day (cooking the food, giving the leaflets out etc) and it always being a success, whereas the Bistro is empty
  • Options
    Mystery ManMystery Man Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And even "down the market", do the producers not realise that all that material, costumes, fezs etc. would cost more than they ever took in from the food.

So we are now expected to believe that Tracy has never really been pregnant. So why was she seen looking so worried in the Rovers long before she had told Ryan the news? And if it was all a con would she really have gone with him to see Doctor Carter? Surely she would have realised there was a high risk of being found out?
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    arghh this Tracy Sl so shit, everything about is shit.
    When is she ever going to get a proper comeuppance, she always forgiven in the end and Deirdre and the residents acts like she normal person, she a murderer, a liar etc

I was under the impression stupid Steve didnt tell Michelle of his plans when he dumped her.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Who was looking after Max, when Gail, Nick, David were at Audreys house and then went to the Bistro and Kylie was there with Leanne??
    Mary must be superwomen, with all those special theme nights she been doing, always organising them on the day (cooking the food, giving the leaflets out etc) and it always being a success, whereas the Bistro is empty

Just what I thought!;)
  • Options
    Phebes4361Phebes4361 Posts: 209
    Forum Member

and where did they get the costumes from a late notice and how can they all afford the meals!

Mary is a silly charactor and Roy did not put her in charge!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And even "down the market", do the producers not realise that all that material, costumes, fezs etc. would cost more than they ever took in from the food.

So we are now expected to believe that Tracy has never really been pregnant. So why was she seen looking so worried in the Rovers long before she had told Ryan the news? And if it was all a con would she really have gone with him to see Doctor Carter? Surely she would have realised there was a high risk of being found out?

Did Tracy not walk into the flat with Ryan on her arm, and say that it was true, to Michelle, with the clear assumption that both she and Ryan had been to the doctors themselves to have the news of her preganancy confirmed? So something seriously does not add up here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did Tracy not walk into the flat with Ryan on her arm, and say that it was true, to Michelle, with the clear assumption that both she and Ryan had been to the doctors themselves to have the news of her preganancy confirmed? So something seriously does not add up here.

They did indeed but I think it was Deirdre's house that they both announced that they had been to see Dr Carter
  • Options
    chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    They did indeed but I think it was Deirdre's house that they both announced that they had been to see Dr Carter

Dr Carter?

Didn't Tracey say that Ryan had been flirting with the Doctor?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chestfield wrote: »
    Dr Carter?

Didn't Tracey say that Ryan had been flirting with the Doctor?

You're right she did say that:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »

Yes, it was in the Barlows front room. So a doctor can't tell whether a woman is pregnant or not in Weatherfield now? Tracy AND Ryan both went, and he nodded in agreement that she was really pregnant. What is going on here! :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    i have been a life long fan of Corrie but lately i've started to have doubts... its becoming complete and utter nonsense that makes no sense, and after reading the last couple of posts on here i dont think im alone in my thoughts. think its time i turned Corrie off!:(
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have been a life long fan of Corrie but lately i've started to have doubts... its becoming complete and utter nonsense that makes no sense, and after reading the last couple of posts on here i dont think im alone in my thoughts. think its time i turned Corrie off!:(

So true. The Moroccan evening was the worst farce yet of Mary's theme nights.

The decoration was of professional standard and the fact that so many were dressed in outfits frankly ludicrous - the sight of Izzie careering in (another super wide door and no step) with a veil across her face had me laughing in disbelief.

It's a sad place that this iconic soap has come to ...
  • Options
    sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    Yes, it was in the Barlows front room. So a doctor can't tell whether a woman is pregnant or not in Weatherfield now? Tracy AND Ryan both went, and he nodded in agreement that she was really pregnant. What is going on here! :confused:

I said up thread, they don't test again. If you're lying, the next clue is at the 12 week scan.
  • Options
    sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    dee-rec wrote: »
    Totally agree, these theme nights are ridiculous. Where did they all get their costumes from at a couple of hours notice? And as for the printed leaflets done at the speed of light, completely unbelievable.

This is my bugbear about all soaps. Whenever fancy dress is required, all costumes are suspiciously professional-looking. No polyester tat from Smiffy's for soap characters! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    So true. The Moroccan evening was the worst farce yet of Mary's theme nights.

The decoration was of professional standard and the fact that so many were dressed in outfits frankly ludicrous - the sight of Izzie careering in (another super wide door and no step) with a veil across her face had me laughing in disbelief.

It's a sad place that this iconic soap has come to ...

And would people really turn up in numbers for a Moroccan night. Not that many people would know what Moroccan food was like, well Dierdre might , but I don't think she was there .

By all means have one theme night but the " joke" is wearing a bit thin .
This discussion has been closed.