Apple Tv Will No Longer Access Netflix

2»

Comments

• EbanEban Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    Still cannot get NF on my ATV. I would try it at another house but hard as this is to believe all my firends either dont have a tv with Hd lead connection or have no internet connection at all. Yes amazing as it sounds I know people who do not have an internet connection in their house! Anyway I am changing to Sky Fibre on Oct 30th. Will just have to hope that will solve it. I put the Unblock US Dns on my router yesterday. But it didnt help. Still no Netflix on my Apple tv. Surely someone else has this problem. Am I the only one? I am convinced it was caused by the ATV software update. So I will wait for my new ISP and hope that solves the problem. Otherwise I was wondering if an Apple store would test it for me. What do you think?

I don't think you will find an Apple Store who will agree to try Netflix with Unblock DNS.
    Wait till the end of the month and you'll see how it goes with Sky fiber :)
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Eban wrote: »
    I don't think you will find an Apple Store who will agree to try Netflix with Unblock DNS.
    Wait till the end of the month and you'll see how it goes with Sky fiber :)

Yes thats true. Especailly as I bought it in Argos! Just lucky that I am changing ISP and see if that solves it. Otherwise I have no idea what the solution would be. The ATV just wont work at all with Netflix now. Good job I kept my PS3 to use with it.
  • c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the problem lies with your isp/router, not with the ATV or NF app.

I'm with sky and use NF on ATV all the time and have zero problems with it, so hopefully that should put your mind at ease regarding your change to Sky at the end of the month:)
  • statenislandstatenisland Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eban wrote: »
    Netflix answer is kinda...weird!
    I run a blog about Netflix, I'm a Netflix subscriber for a pretty long time and I never heard about that issue. Again, myself and other people I know who also use an AppleTV don't have that issue.
    Either your ISP/router change your IP address everyday or the problem is somewhere else. Did you try to reset the DNS settings and try Netflix UK for few days to see if you have the same issue without custom DNS?

what is the blog? :)
    Forum Member
    what is the blog? :)

It's a blog in French, not sure you'll still be interested :P

http://netflixinfrench.wordpress.com

-Eban
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Finally resolved this issue now I have changed ISP and have a new router. I can now get netflix on my ATV agaiin so it was an issue with the router. Not sure how it could have been sorted if I had not changed ISP.
    Forum Member
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    Finally resolved this issue now I have changed ISP and have a new router. I can now get netflix on my ATV agaiin so it was an issue with the router. Not sure how it could have been sorted if I had not changed ISP.

I can say it now, I TOLD YOU SO ! :p:p:p

Orange is a crappy ISP here in France too, and since it's French, I wasn't surprise to see that it was also a crappy service in the UK.
    I'm glad everything is working as expected for you.

Also, I did have the logout issue you had at the beginning of your issue but it seems to happen only when I switch back from the Sweden (and other nordics) catalogue, but not every times. But it never happens between US & CA.

Netflix has been down several times last week and their launch in nordics countries had few glitch so I guess it was just a temporary problem.

Anyway, glad it works for you ! :)