CITV to show classic kids TV shows 5/6 Jan 2013

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I was more of a BBC kid than a CITV one but I did regularly used to watch some of the scheduled shows so I'll be tuning in. :)
  • HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only dangermouse, rainbow, button moon, knightmare & childrens ward that I or my younger brother watched, a lot of the others either past my era or wasn't bothered about. Loved the original tomorrow people.

Was Pipkins not on itv? Loved that...hartley hare!
  • ScrumperScrumper Posts: 3,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hartley Hare was not a rodent or a hare.
    He was a puppet :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wot no Animaniacs?

I gave some episodes to a friend for his 6 year old who had never heard of them, the next time I saw him he kept on saying "NARF!" :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cat666 wrote: »
    It hasn't aged that well. They should do an updated version.

Quit it with the aged thing. So what if it hasent. People still enjoy it.
  • slammer-manslammer-man Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    Barry epsiodes are the Knightmare epsiodes (Ending of Series 7) on the CITV channel, sickkkkkkk
  • Hexadecimal666Hexadecimal666 Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this - really excited that Mike and Angelo is being repeated. That must be a first?

Likewise for The Riddlers - it has never been reshown at all since they stopped producing it in 1998. Wizadora was shown on Living TV for a while, but that's going back ten years or more.

I really hope somebody has put some thought into the episodes they've chosen. I don't particularly want to see "first episodes" of everything. But equally most of these shows were at their height early on, so I don't want them to show any later episodes (if they show a Wizadora with the second actress I'll break down and cry).

On a positive note though, this seems to be a first for this era of programming and I hope it might lead on to something bigger - maybe a regular slot on the CITV channel, which only shows drivel now anyway, and doesn't even produce its own programming. Possibly it could bode well for DVD releases of some shows too.
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redex wrote: »
    Wot no Animaniacs?

I gave some episodes to a friend for his 6 year old who had never heard of them, the next time I saw him he kept on saying "NARF!" :)
    Animaniacs was a Warner production. This weekend is showcasing the old content from Thames, Anglia etc etc...
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barry epsiodes are the Knightmare epsiodes (Ending of Series 7) on the CITV channel, sickkkkkkk
    Are one of those THAT Welsh team?
  • slammer-manslammer-man Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    alcockell wrote: »
    Are one of those THAT Welsh team?

I don't remember, but Barry was well spoken in the game from start to finish if that helps and the ending towards series 7 is amazing.
  • bidleybipbidleybip Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Great to see these programmes back on TV looking forward to :)
  • darrenh2011darrenh2011 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These shows are on the 5th http://i.imgur.com/Qd79M.png
    These shows are on the 6th http://i.imgur.com/pi00B.png
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I have a dilemma! I've just realised that the darts start on the 5th so I won't be able to watch as much of this as I'd like. I also didn't realise that CITV finishes at only 6pm. Seems a bit early.
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    So both Mike & Angelos are Angelo #2, Tim Whitnall, and Sunday's 'Woof!' features Rex, not Eric.
  • LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just bumping this as a reminder for people.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not for me
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

On the schedule for the 5th in regards to Press Gang on at 16:30 it says the following:

"The first ever episode from 1993, based on the activities of a children's newspaper, the Junior Gazette........"

Press Gang first aired in 1989 not 1993? :confused:
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm planning to record both days.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    I'm going to watch as much as I can.
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hard to think Teletubbies is that old it still seems kinda new to me

I can always remember being so annoyed when I sat down to watch playdays and these teletubbie things came on instead :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Tomorrow People!!

Yes please :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would so love CBBC do a similar weekend later in the year to celebrate the history of kids tv.

Really hope the weekend tomorrow they dont slice off the picture and have those horrible boarders on either side as my zoom feature on the tv is terrible when that happens.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm taping a lot of this, going to have a nice weekend of nostalgia! :D I think I'm the only person who didn't like Knightmare though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member

wonder why the episodes of Childrens Ward are from the final series rather than earlier episodes? would have been nice to see like the first ever ep maybe.

looking forward to these shows though :)
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenbonjovi wrote: »
    I'm taping a lot of this, going to have a nice weekend of nostalgia! :D I think I'm the only person who didn't like Knightmare though.

you must be the only one still using a vcr