Options

Flash Season 2 Uk Pace (no Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    As Gulf says, Jay's version of The Flash was created in 1940 at the same time Marvel were setting Captain America. However, since then they've retro-ed his origins again and now he's no longer a World War II veteran with an extended lifespan.

I also guess that the world we saw at the end also has a World War II vibe to it, but in a modern settings
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Does jay remind anyone of Captain America, just in the way he speaks, or was that just me

Omg yes. I said that last night watching Ep 3.

He's very much like Capt when he's out of his costume trying to be normal.

Here's Jay: http://images.designntrend.com/data/images/full/73414/teddy-sears-as-jay-garrick.jpg?w=780

Here's Cap: http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/captain-america-the-winter-soldier-breaks-box-office-records-advance-ticket-sales__oPt.jpg
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Can someone help me with the recent episode of Flash on Sky 1?

The ending of it has me coming to the conclusion that it was Harrison Wells coming through the portal to Earth 2.However my friend thought that Wells came through to Earth 1

I was just wondering people opinion on this?
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^Earth 1's Wells died, so it would have to be E2's heading into E1.

Hope that helps. :)

And it also begs the question, knowing that the portal(s) are being used by Zoom to transport his henchmen over, why would they leave the one on their doorstep 'open' so to speak.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If it was Earth 1 then why was it dark and empty when Wells came through?

My actually first thought was that it was Wells pretending to be Jay that's why he said he lost his powers.However then I thought that we had seen Wells in that bit on Earth 2 so does that mean that he is Zoom?

However it could just be Wells from Earth 2 coming through to Earth 1 later on but it just seemed strange that they timed to show it straight after Jay had returned to Earth 2 as we never saw him arrive on Earth 2

It just put a lot of questions out there!
  • Options
    ArtfulDodger81ArtfulDodger81 Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    If it was Earth 1 then why was it dark and empty when Wells came through?

My actually first thought was that it was Wells pretending to be Jay that's why he said he lost his powers.However then I thought that we had seen Wells in that bit on Earth 2 so does that mean that he is Zoom?

However it could just be Wells from Earth 2 coming through to Earth 1 later on but it just seemed strange that they timed to show it straight after Jay had returned to Earth 2 as we never saw him arrive on Earth 2

It just put a lot of questions out there!

Jay hasn't gone back to earth 2, he is gonna hang out on earth 1 for a bit
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah you are correct as I had forgotten that he changed his mind at the last minute about returning to Earth 2.So that leaves my mad theory dismissed then!

Although there is still the question of why Wells was on Earth 1?
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah you are correct as I had forgotten that he changed his mind at the last minute about returning to Earth 2.So that leaves my mad theory dismissed then!

Although there is still the question of why Wells was on Earth 1?

My first thoughts are thats Wells is Zoom, but Wells in Earth 1 that we saw wasn't the real Wells as the reverse Flash had taken his ID.
    I also don't think they would use the same character as the bad guy for both.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah it wouldn't make sense to have both versions of Harrison Wells as bad especially as one was taken over by Reverse Flash

However if he is good then what was Wells doing on Earth 1? Maybe Jay works for Wells on Earth 2 but he didn't tell Barry as he knows his mistrust of Wells no matter which version!
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    On is Wells Thawne/Zoom this is from the makers of the show
    The makers have confirmed that Wells is not Thawne or Zoom.

He is a good guy who will be on Team Flash but as a major ego and is a bit of a d**chead.

Think along the lines of Tony Stark
  • Options
    ArtfulDodger81ArtfulDodger81 Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah it wouldn't make sense to have both versions of Harrison Wells as bad especially as one was taken over by Reverse Flash

However if he is good then what was Wells doing on Earth 1? Maybe Jay works for Wells on Earth 2 but he didn't tell Barry as he knows his mistrust of Wells no matter which version!

So Barry could be zoom
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On is Wells Thawne/Zoom this is from the makers of the show
    The makers have confirmed that Wells is not Thawne or Zoom.

He is a good guy who will be on Team Flash but as a major ego and is a bit of a d**chead.

Think along the lines of Tony Stark

You may have missed it in the title but this thread is NO spoilers.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member

That's why it's in tags they are allowed in tags
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is it a spoiler though if the makers of the show have confirmed it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's why it's in tags they are allowed in tags

No spoilers usually means no spoilers at all, even tagged. It would say in the opening post in the thread if they were allowed usually.
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Is it a spoiler though if the makers of the show have confirmed it?

It's a spoiler in that it's something which hasn't appeared on screen so it depends on the individual as to whether they want to look at outside of what's happening on the show for more information I guess.
    Even confirmed, I would consider it a spoiler as it's not something which has been discussed or appeared in the episode.

It doesn't bother me, I find all the spoilers I can, but others might not want to and I wasn't sure if JF had spotted it was a NO spoilers thread.
  • Options
    BermondseybrickBermondseybrick Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping it would remain spoiler free as I have spoilerphobia I don't even look to who had been cast or watch clips for next week (so I appreciate it going in tags)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was hoping it would remain spoiler free as I have spoilerphobia I don't even look to who had been cast or watch clips for next week (so I appreciate it going in tags)

No spoiler threads usually don't have any though, not even in tags. But the original poster didn't specify in the opening post what the criterion were so I guess that's why they're getting tagged.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No spoiler threads usually don't have any though, not even in tags. But the original poster didn't specify in the opening post what the criterion were so I guess that's why they're getting tagged.

I am the original poster ;-)

I put in the title no spoilers I thought that might have sufficed

no bigge though

Earth 2 Harrison Wells is a bit of a bad ass going toe to toe with a powerless Jay Garrick

Cisco has his name now wonder if he will have a costume :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am the original poster ;-)

I put in the title no spoilers I thought that might have sufficed

no bigge though

Earth 2 Harrison Wells is a bit of a bad ass going toe to toe with a powerless Jay Garrick

Cisco has his name now wonder if he will have a costume :)

Usually it does :)
  • Options
    Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Characters acting like they can't comprehend the Well's situation was dumb considering most are scientists, crazy scifi scientists at that, too. Only one mention of them not having met the real Well's and then them continuing to talk as if the Well's they knew was actually Well's and was the reason to not trust this new Well's made no sense (untrustworthy anyway). It just made them seem utterly dumb. I could grasp it from West...but the others?
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Characters acting like they can't comprehend the Well's situation was dumb considering most are scientists, crazy scifi scientists at that, too. Only one mention of them not having met the real Well's and then them continuing to talk as if the Well's they knew was actually Well's and was the reason to not trust this new Well's made no sense (untrustworthy anyway). It just made them seem utterly dumb. I could grasp it from West...but the others?
    I don't think that was the problem. The Wells they knew did horrible things, so obviously seeing someone who looks exactly like him must be hard and reacting how anyone would.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's nothing to do with not knowing the real Wells, it's that Eobard Thawne inhabited the body of the person who is now appearing before them saying he's there to help. They knew Thawne as Wells so it's difficult to separate the two things.
    Woodbine wrote: »
    I don't think that was the problem. The Wells they knew did horrible things, so obviously seeing someone who looks exactly like him must be hard and reacting how anyone would.

Yes, this ^^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Theres a dude walking round that caused the group considerable grief and even though its not the same guy its still gonna cause them issues
  • Options
    jedi mattjedi matt Posts: 1,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe in such situations you can be quite traumatised from the situation to the point that you can't distinguish the real one from the fake one.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now that was a top notch episode. And zoom, looks a beast :0