Options

R.I.P Waterloo Road

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    That new girl with the headphones has changed outfits about 3 times in this episode :)

Also, did anyone notice that the new teacher changed hairstyles, it was down and wavy and now it's in a bun :)

The ep is played out over different days?
  • Options
    Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    Stuart25 wrote: »
    The tannoy being played out to the whole school was quite funny. Christine, Sonia and George are the only characters I like though

I liked how when the new teacher was insulting every teacher, George was nodding and agreeing with her when she said he had a hatred of children :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Stuart25 wrote: »
    The tannoy being played out to the whole school was quite funny. Christine, Sonia and George are the only characters I like though

Christine's reaction was brilliant ;-)
  • Options
    BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wooooow so Scott is seeing Kenzies mum?! That's a whoooolee new level of ew...

I would've liked those two as a couple actually, shame
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Leo317 wrote: »
    The ep is played out over different days?

Okay, thanks!! :) Thought the episode was played out on the same day :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Baban wrote: »
    Wooooow so Scott is seeing Kenzies mum?! That's a whoooolee new level if ew...

Yeah, that was creepy and gross :p
  • Options
    CardioCortezCardioCortez Posts: 11,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jboy2k8 wrote: »
    Loving this episode, a brilliant start to the series.

Have to agree. Loved how the episode covered more than one day rather than dragging it out over one. It's planted the seeds for stories to carry over the arch rather than an episode and the Kenzie story today was touching. The tannoy part was hilarious with George nodding along. It's like the old Waterloo Road. People should give it a chance (regardless of the Scotland move or who they recognise). Watch it as a drama. It's a massive improvement and the best it's been since it moved.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The preview for next week looks strong too. Wonder who's beaten up and awaiting an ambulance.
  • Options
    KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't bother with the last 2 series but thought I'd give this ago as it's the final one.

Meh, was okay.
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was good tonight. They need more characters. Not the same 3 every week. But it's too late. It will have 1m max viewers and die a quiet death
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Was better than what I thought it would be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One issue with the programme towards the end was too many characters going in and out. Some vanished without a story. When auditioning they should have put a full series (all 30 eps) at least in their contracts. People will still have auditioned.
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The older series had real drama (like bombs and murder and guns as well as the humorous side haha) the problem since Scotland is the silly drama and boring characters.
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was quite a decent episode and Kenzie seems really decent... Good actress playing the role.
  • Options
    EEforestEEforest Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a member of staff at a secondary schoool and it does make me laugh how some of the actors playing pupils are nearly 10 years older than me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was quite a decent episode and Kenzie seems really decent... Good actress playing the role.

Agree.
  • Options
    Minor MaggieMinor Maggie Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Andagha wrote: »
    Hold on wasn't the last series supposed to be the last one? I'm now totally confused especially as they have new characters in the show..i.e. Jasper Carrots daughter as the new deputy head..

It is not Lucy Davis but Laura Aikman probably best known for playing Mae in Casualty.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    The show is truly unrecognisable. :(

The show really is awful at the moment. Moving to Scotland damaged the show's reputation.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kenzie, what a hottie :D
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Final series. The BBC bumped it to BBC3 now due to poor ratings.
    It got given an EastEnders lead in a few times last yeat nut viewers didnt stick with it. Rating at under 3 million at 8pm is pretty bad.

I think Waterloo Rd died when it moved to Scotland.

Thanks. Seems years ago they announced it was ending.... Well over a year at least lol.

I didn't like the move to Scotland either. Last episode I saw Tariq was trying to drown himself in a canoe or something.
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,218
    Forum Member
    I've been watching the old eps so it's sad to watch the new series as you really see the decline. I kept watching as I recognised Joel but couldnt quite remember him so thanks whoever named him.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it, the actress who plays Kenzie was very good. George is my favorite now, even the looks he pulls make me laugh.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Kenzie, i blubbed :(
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to agree. Loved how the episode covered more than one day rather than dragging it out over one. It's planted the seeds for stories to carry over the arch rather than an episode and the Kenzie story today was touching. The tannoy part was hilarious with George nodding along. It's like the old Waterloo Road. People should give it a chance (regardless of the Scotland move or who they recognise). Watch it as a drama. It's a massive improvement and the best it's been since it moved.
    Sounds rather like how tightly the final series of Howards Way was scripted; they had all these plotlines to wind up to a coherent ending after Maurice Colbourne's death.

Was as tight as the first series or 2.
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bonnie looks way too old to still be in school! Shame they didn't keep it on Wednesdays but on BBC3, will struggle more for ratings against EE and Corrie