Options

EE - Michelle Collins Wants Cindy Return

Comments

• Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    I really liked Cindy as a character when she was in the show but she cannot come back if her character died in prison. It really would be stretching credibility too far. I just don't want the 'Bobby in the shower' moment

I'm not convinced about Kathy coming back at the moment either. Are we to take it that all residents who didn't die on screen have been part of some huge witness protection programme? give me a break.

We've actually only had Alan, carol and billie in witness protection and that sparked their exit I believe. Cindy is a stupid idea and people (including Michelle) should realise that cindy is gone and the way it happened it is impossible and would ruin the show to bring her back. It was the producers fault at the time though but it's irreversible.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cindy is a stupid idea and people (including Michelle) should realise that cindy is gone and the way it happened it is impossible and would ruin the show to bring her back. It was the producers fault at the time though but it's irreversible.

Exactly. It was a shame that they killed her off (likewise Pat) but I'm really tired of people wanting to resurrect old characters on this forum.

After the initial shock of Kathy's return we have no guarantee that she will contribute anything worthwhile. It will probably turn out to be a big disappointment.
  • Options
    MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My take on this:

Pete Beale (Peter Dean) Could have faked his death. Before he left Albert Square in May 1993 with Rose Chapman, the Chapman family were heavying Pete for becoming close to their dying relatives wife (Rose). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfWrHltLScQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=157
    Maybe to end a life of looking over their shoulders every move they made. a plan to "die" was concocted to make the Chapman's think they had died leaving Pete and Rose to live their lives in peace.

Cindy Beale (Michelle Collins) Could be responsible for Kathy's death (disappearance) in some way. Maybe she kidnapped Kathy in retaliation for Ian taking her kids. If she were to come back it would need to be around the time Kathy returns to make it plausible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Markjuk wrote: »
    My take on this:

Pete Beale (Peter Dean) Could have faked his death. Before he left Albert Square in May 1993 with Rose Chapman, the Chapman family were heavying Pete for becoming close to their dying relatives wife (Rose). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfWrHltLScQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=157
    Maybe to end a life of looking over their shoulders every move they made. a plan to "die" was concocted to make the Chapman's think they had died leaving Pete and Rose to live their lives in peace.

Cindy Beale (Michelle Collins) Could be responsible for Kathy's death (disappearance) in some way. Maybe she kidnapped Kathy in retaliation for Ian taking her kids. If she were to come back it would need to be around the time Kathy returns to make it plausible.

I can accept Petes but as I've said over and over again, how cindy was killed off makes it impossible. As much of a downer it is, she cannot be brought back.
  • Options
    MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Markjuk wrote: »
    I was confused that the Kathy bit didn't mention that she is now back until I saw the date. :)

I disagree about Nick, it was time, June Brown is getting on and sadly won't be in the show forever, without her he'd have no reason to return. Given the choice I'd rather have those powerful scenes the other week than to see the Dot/Nick relationship fizzle out.

What more could Nick have done? For many years his character was seen as a panto joke by viewers after weak stints in 2000-2001 and 2009, DTC did sterling work in changing that perception, giving us some powerful scenes with Dot/Nick.
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Pete and Mark Fowler died off screen. and did Antony Trueman?

You mean Paul Trueman.
  • Options
    Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cindy NEEDS to return.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is where the confusion comes in. Ian identified Cindy's dead body. So she is gone.

He never identified Kathy, she was already buried when he got to SA. That's where the whole confusion over identification comes from. So there was a loop hole they exploited for Kathy but they can't exploit it for Cindy.

I have the episode on tape and I can confirm that Ian NEVER identified Cindys body only her mother did OFF SCREEN.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luner13 wrote: »
    Cindy NEEDS to return.

No she doesn't. That would ruin the show with how inpossible and far fetched it is. The character is dead in a way that would kill the storms all together and turn it sci fi should she return. Ee doesn't do real ghosts. She can only return for sketchs like for children in need. Resurrecting her would be impossible as said in previous posts. The fact is she can't and she doesn't need to return anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No she doesn't. That would ruin the show with how inpossible and far fetched it is. The character is dead in a way that would kill the storms all together and turn it sci fi should she return. Ee doesn't do real ghosts. She can only return for sketchs like for children in need. Resurrecting her would be impossible as said in previous posts. The fact is she can't and she doesn't need to return anyway.

The show is a shadow of itself now anyway so hey why not? Kathys return is ridiculous Dens started the jump the shark era in the first place.

So why not? Cindy was an excellent character we never saw her die onscreen so she can return and imo she MUST.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show is a shadow of itself now anyway so hey why not? Kathys return is ridiculous Dens started the jump the shark era in the first place.

So why not? Cindy was an excellent character we never saw her die onscreen so she can return and imo she MUST.

Den... She swam out and fled
    Kathy... Hiding from abuser while sending ben to ian to protect him or was on a coma
    Cindy ... She died with people present while giving birth how the hellmwpuld that be covered up without leaving cindy jnr with cindy snr? Killing her that was a mistake but it's done. The show is inproving and doesn't need cindy snr imo. Cindy lives in cindy and Gina crops up every so often so the character isn't forgotton but she's gone with no chance of a plausible return. Plus her and magby returning in a short space would double the amout of stupidness of the storyline. It wouldn't be ee anymore it wod
    Be like Dr who where dead characters appear all the time with history being rewritten.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Den... She swam out and fled
    Kathy... Hiding from abuser while sending ben to ian to protect him or was on a coma
    Cindy ... She died with people present while giving birth how the hellmwpuld that be covered up without leaving cindy jnr with cindy snr? Killing her that was a mistake but it's done. The show is inproving and doesn't need cindy snr imo. Cindy lives in cindy and Gina crops up every so often so the character isn't forgotton but she's gone with no chance of a plausible return. Plus her and magby returning in a short space would double the amout of stupidness of the storyline. It wouldn't be ee anymore it wod
    Be like Dr who where dead characters appear all the time with history being rewritten.

Cindy was in prison though.

That makes it possible. The only stupid thing now is how long its been - over 16 years now but like I said why not?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cindy was in prison though.

That makes it possible. The only stupid thing now is how long its been - over 16 years now but like I said why not?

Why would she need witness protection while in there?

She isn't needed no that Peter has gone. Too soon after Kathy would be overkill.

Why does everyone want her back? She was great I. The last and I feel that's where she belongs. She would be ruined if brought back now tbh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would she need witness protection while in there?

She isn't needed no that Peter has gone. Too soon after Kathy would be overkill.

Why does everyone want her back? She was great I. The last and I feel that's where she belongs. She would be ruined if brought back now tbh.

Her other daughter Cindy Jrs there though + friction with Ian and ane and Kathy.

It would be excellent.

I am sure they could write something half convincing with her being in prison and all.

I want her back because she was a fantastic character cruelly taken away prematurely same as Tiffany. Whether or not she is ruined remains to be seen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A daughter she doesn't even know.

I admire how much you want cindy back but is wouldn't work however it is tackled and would no doubt ruin ees reputation and cause a lot of viewers to switch of at such a stunt. Nothing being in prison wise makes sense at all.

Sometimes good things are best left in the past like Mel and Steve Owen, Dan Sullivan, angie watts etc with now the writing can be that's a good thing for legacy characters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A daughter she doesn't even know.

I admire how much you want cindy back but is wouldn't work however it is tackled and would no doubt ruin ees reputation and cause a lot of viewers to switch of at such a stunt. Nothing being in prison wise makes sense at all.

Sometimes good things are best left in the past like Mel and Steve Owen, Dan Sullivan, angie watts etc with now the writing can be that's a good thing for legacy characters.

She could get to know her though and I'm sure they could have a great relationship.

I think it could work and knowing Michelle Collins is up for it gives me hope. :)
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember reading an article where she stated quite clearly that she was glad that Cindy had died.
  • Options
    Hot Ross BunsHot Ross Buns Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    I remember reading an article where she stated quite clearly that she was glad that Cindy had died.

Yep, here on DS!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a270972/michelle-collins-glad-cindy-beale-died.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patsy Palmer slagged EEs rotten during her 1999 - 2008 hiatus.

Adam Woodyatt said Kathys return should never happen.

Things change :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patsy Palmer slagged EEs rotten during her 1999 - 2008 hiatus.

Adam Woodyatt said Kathys return should never happen.

Things change :)

But what has happened can't be changed, as sad that is was a legacy character it cannot be rewritten like Dr who. Mm only crap characters should be killed off screen like Dexter but it's not the case as alofmof legacy characters have died off screen. Cindy is the most impossible to be worked around unfortunatly. I prefer Kathy and angie but angie is also a big risk to do.
  • Options
    Imogen_GaleontiImogen_Galeonti Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    If Cindy comes back to the show, I will be so frustrated. I hate it when they "resurrect" dead people. EastEnders is meant to be realistic. I hope Kathy will explain why she faked her death and it has better be credible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Cindy comes back to the show, I will be so frustrated. I hate it when they "resurrect" dead people. EastEnders is meant to be realistic. I hope Kathy will explain why she faked her death and it has better be credible.

Resurrecting cindy will require dr who showing up and picking cindy jnr up and stopping cindy snr hiring the hit man so a paradox is created where cindy doesn't go to
    Prison. Then taking her to the hospital on an alien world to deal with any problems with the childbirth earlier then leaving her after cindy witnesses her own birth and she then appear on the present.
  • Options
    ohmygoshohmygosh Posts: 9,697
    Forum Member
    That would be an interesting spin off film though les coker bored me to death and don't rate the actor much either.

He was great in Grange Hill :blush:
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle Collins is hardly in demand these days. She chose to leave EE and EE chiefs begged her to return back in 1998. She refused. So they killed her off. So, with Michelles lack of staying power, what should EE do? Bring her back from a legitimate death to do her a favour, spoil the credibility of the show, only for her to act a diva a year down the line and leave again! She is not worth ruining a whole show. Kathy is different. People have been speculating for years that she isn't dead and there are credible ways to bring her back. Cindy can not be brought back. It would not be credible. She is dead.