The judges' save

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,250
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The judges' save can be used up to the final 5, so if my calculations are correct, they've got three weeks left to use it.

I'd say there's only a couple of contestants (Adam, Danny?) they would actually want to save, so do you think we will see them using it for dramatic effect at some point in the next three weeks? For example, they pretended they hadn't decided if they were going to save Michael or not, when they clearly weren't. Saving someone will create drama and excitement, and I doubt they'll get to the final five without using it, it'd be a wasted opportunity.

My predication is that they will use it to save Allison over the next couple of weeks.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Allison polls the lowest votes, it would be ludicrous of them to use it as it will be her third time in the bottom three so she is clearly not popular enough. Lil, who in my opinion is weaker, has never been in the bottom three.

That said, I hope they don't use it to save her either as she's been such a disappointment in the live shows.
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see them not using it at all to be honest.

The next two weakest contestants are Anoop and Scott. Both have been bottom 3 before and they could very easily be the next two out. They won't be saved.

That would give the judges a final chance to use it and it seems likely the person they'd have the opportunity to save would be one of Allison, Lil or Matt. But would they really bother? I suppose if one of those three had an amazing performance and unfairly ended up bottom then possibly, but that would also meaning losing two people the following week, putting one of their favourites in greater danger.

I think if voting goes 'right' then they won't use it at all. Not that voting always goes 'right' on this show!
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,530
    Forum Member
    I think they'll only use it if

Adam, Danny, Allison or Lil or Kris are bottom

Which is unlikely given that Scott, Matt and Anoop have all been bottom 2/ 3

The save will most likely be used on Alison
  • Faria262Faria262 Posts: 6,952
    Forum Member
    If Alexis hadn't been in such trouble after Jolene, or that had happened later on in the series, I reckon the save would've been used on her. I can see it being used on Allison or Lil, and would like to see it used on Scott if he needs it but it won't be. I doubt they'd use it on a wildcard - Anoop or Matt - or that Adam, Danny or Kris would need it :)

xxxx
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if there's a way of looking it up, but does anyone know when the series is due to end? Have they already planned to add another week by saving someone, or would they have a final with a top 3 instead of a top 2 (X-Factor does this, getting rid of of the third-place finisher early in the show...)? Might they even have a double-"eviction"?

Just wondering, because I can't see them really wanting to save any of the most likely losers in the next 3 weeks (Anoop, Scott, Allison) and I'm starting to think they only brought it in in case it looked like there would be an all-male top 8, though that turned out not to be an issue... is there a chance that they won't actually use it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if there's a way of looking it up, but does anyone know when the series is due to end? Have they already planned to add another week by saving someone, or would they have a final with a top 3 instead of a top 2 (X-Factor does this, getting rid of of the third-place finisher early in the show...)? Might they even have a double-"eviction"?

Yes, the plan is if they save someone there is a double eviction the following week.
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon they will use it to save Matt Giraud. Karas and Paulas knickers have been wet for him from day one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon they will use it to save Matt Giraud. Karas and Paulas knickers have been wet for him from day one.

Kara, yes, not Paula.

I don't actually think they will use it to save a wildcard (effectively already having saved him) who has already been in the bottom two.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speculation based on DialIdol results:
    Kris is polling lowest on DialIdol. If he is in fact the lowest, I think he is a perfect candidate for the judges save.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sligorox wrote: »
    Speculation based on DialIdol results:
    Kris is polling lowest on DialIdol. If he is in fact the lowest, I think he is a perfect candidate for the judges save.
    But apart from last week which was obviously a blip in both performance and popularity, he has always been mid to bottom of the table. He would be a pointless candidate to use the save on. The save was introduced to be used on a candidate who there or there abouts and had one bad week, not a candidate who has always been mediocre and had one good week. Besides they could risk losing one or two of the contestants with a real chance of winning or both girls next week with the double elimination for the sake of a contestant who is never going to be in with a chance and was never in with a chance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My opinion is that because neither of the two perceived as worthy of the save are likely to be bottom in the next three weeks, they will use the save on someone not really deserving of it, just to create some drama.

But I guess it depends on what is more important to them: making sure the 'right' contestants make it to the top five (in which case they probably won't use the save unless one of the favourites comes out bottom), or creating drama and headlines, in which case we will see it being used in the next three weeks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sligorox wrote: »
    My opinion is that because neither of the two perceived as worthy of the save are likely to be bottom in the next three weeks, they will use the save on someone not really deserving of it, just to create some drama.

That can't be guaranteed. Voter complacency could easily set in.