Options

Movies That Have Made You Cry And Why

Ryan11Ryan11 Posts: 4,586
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ok, I just finished watching Titanic and it was so sad! I've seen it like 20 times before but everytime I see it I still cry at it. Please don't laugh because I'm a guy and all! But the bits that I find the saddest arewhen Jack dies, for some reason lol when someone tells the old Rose that they have no record of Jack and then she says he only exists in her memory, when she's in bed and it shows all of the photos and her dream.

Comments

• Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Black Swan.

It was just such an utter pile of shite that I wept for the seven quid I'd spent on a cinema ticket and for the loss of two hours of my life that I will never get back.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I watched The Help I was pretty much gasping for breath, v. sad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mighty Joe Young
    When You think he's dead

Love Reign Over Me

When Adam Sandler is talking to Don Cheadle outside the psychiatrists office. And when he talks to his inlaws at the court.

Remember The Titans
    At the Funeral

The Green Mile
    When John Cofee is executed
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Toy Story 3, pretty much all the way through...
    In my defence, I was a year behind Andy in the moving away to university, and realised how long it had been since I'd played/cuddled my soft toys :o
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 : All the way through. I'm not kidding. I have never cried that much at a film. it was the end of my childhood (came out in July, I went to uni in September). That, and the fact I've grown up with the films, the characters, everything else. Oh, and it was a fantastic film!

Monsters Inc, ever since it came out, I cry when Sully says bye to Boo :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    Hachi: A Dog's Tale is the only film I've properly cried at in the cinema, I couldn't stop myself:o
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    Hachi: A Dog's Tale is the only film I've properly cried at in the cinema, I couldn't stop myself:o
    Oh god it destroyed me

i was sobbing for hours after

It should have had a warning sign at the start like :cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    Oh god it destroyed me

i was sobbing for hours after

It should have had a warning sign at the start like :cry::cry::cry:

Agreed:cry:

I kept trying to control myself but something would set me off again and by the end I was in bits. I definately wasn't the only one either, I could hear lots of sobs, haha. I tried to do it silently:o

Also Grave of the Fireflies. I don't think I could ever watch it again:cry:
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Marley and Me
    There wasn't a dry eye in the cinema.
    When Marley dies on the vets table and the scene with the children waiting at his grave
    :'(
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Also In Toy Story 2 when it shows Jessie's backstory and the song called 'When she loved me' plays. Makes me miss all my old toys and childhood innocence :(

And the start of UP when
    They show the montage of Carl and Ellies life together and then she dies in hospital
    That was so sad. And I regard myself as a tough cookie normally!:p
  • Options
    Dreamer27Dreamer27 Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    So many movies, I must cry a lot because almost all the ones already mentioned have made me cry: Toy Story, The Help, Marley and Me, Monsters Inc, Mighty Joe Young.

The Little Princess - A few parts in it get me welling up especially the ending.

Beaches - First time I watched this I was a right mess, the song wind beneath my wings deffinately didn't help!

Life is Beautiful
    A father trying to protect his son in a concentration camp by making it all a game, ending in his death
    Lion King - I think everyone has cried at Lion King at some time in their life.

I am legend
    When Will Smith's character has to kill his only companion, his dog Sam
    Homeward Bound - Shadow running over the hill at the end always gets me.

Sorry to go on but i've been going through some old favourites.
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    I cried my eyes out last year when I watched a box set of Powell & Pressburger movies, and it suddenly dawned on me just how shit most modern cinema is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Piglet's Big Movie
    I was about 10 and it's a very sad movie. I don't know why but I just found it emotional.

Borat
    The nude fight scene. I had to pause the DVD because I was laughing so much I was crying.

not a movie, but Steve-O: Don't Try This At Home
    I cried laughing at the DVD menu. No, seriously.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Team America - I have never laughed so much in a movie theatre.

Saving Private Ryan - Great story telling and you invest time with the characters that you feel for them.

Magnolia - Same as above.
  • Options
    MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only film the makes me cry every single time is Dumbo. Specifically the part where he goes to visit his mum when she's locked up. She's chained and can only get her trunk through the bars, and then Dumbo puts his trunk up to hers and he starts crying and "Baby Mine" begins to play while his mum swings him on her trunk. I'm filling up now just thinking about it! Dumbo's shunned/treated badly by everything in that film (apart from Timothy) and he can't even get comfort from his mum properly. I've seen that film so many times but it never fails to get me sobbing.
  • Options
    jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Star Wars prequels.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Titanic....when he dies i felt the pain rose did, i know the characters arent real but over 1500 people did die.

Toystory 3 when the toys thought they would be burnt and at the end when Andy played with them one last time. In 1995 when toystory came out i was 9, i was a kid and loved the film, it reminds me of happy days and i was crying over happy memories more...great film
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I Am Sam.

I basically cried throughout the whole movie, I probably shouldn't watch it too often. Any of Sam and his daughter's scenes but also Rita's breakdown. Sean Penn and Michelle Pfeiffer both give amazing performances.
  • Options
    My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Color Purple, when Mr. throws Nettie out of the house, and her and Celie's separation has me every time.
  • Options
    TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    Gladiator! I just did not expect the ending where the dying Maximus remembers his family. Heartbreaking.

P S NEVER read "The Velveteen Rabbit" to young children without a box of tissues handy. I had to pretend that my contact lenses were playing up as I fled to my wife........!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Goodbye Girl always starts me blubbing - Marsha Mason and Richard Dreyfuss are superb and there's a great cameo from the late Nicol Williamson as a waspish Noel Coward type theatre producer...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Magnolia is another one that sets me off - and I'm a huge Aimee Mann fan, so I love the soundtrack...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    The only film the makes me cry every single time is Dumbo. Specifically the part where he goes to visit his mum when she's locked up. She's chained and can only get her trunk through the bars, and then Dumbo puts his trunk up to hers and he starts crying and "Baby Mine" begins to play while his mum swings him on her trunk. I'm filling up now just thinking about it! Dumbo's shunned/treated badly by everything in that film (apart from Timothy) and he can't even get comfort from his mum properly. I've seen that film so many times but it never fails to get me sobbing.

Me too!!!!!!!!!! Every.Single.Time!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little princess ,when her father doesn't remember her and she's screaming in the rain .I cry EVERYTHING SINGLE TIME and I've seen it countless times since I was 10 :o and the secret garden ,at the end it's not especially sad but I still cry :o
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
    Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
    I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.
    All those ... moments will be lost in time, like tears...in rain.
    Time, to die :cry:
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loads already mentioned but The Notebook takes the cake where crying is concerned. That bought forth huge wracking sobs and snot bubbles!