American Idol Top 3 Live Show + Results Discussion

WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
Forum Member
✭✭
So the top 3 Kree, Angie and Candice all battle it out tonight.

Based on song choices - Candice looks as though she will have a great night! Angie.....not so much!

Who will be the top 2? Kree and Angie? Angie and Candice? Or Kree and Candice?

Comments

• WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My thought on each performance:
    So first up tonight it is Kree. She sings Perfect by P!NK and it wasn't good....not at all. It started off well, but after about 30 seconds in, it went downhill.

Second up is Candice and she is singing One by Mary J Blige and....i think its ridiculous how hard this song is to sing compared to what the other have tonight. I expected her to come out and for it not to be great, but wow! It actually was really good, not as good as i would of liked, but a million times better than Kree.

Last up for round 1 is Angie Miller. So...each week it becomes more and more clear she isn't anywhere near as good as the other contestants, but she does have something, i admit. I actually think Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest word is a really good choice for her and it starts of really well, but....i don't know what happens half way through, but it just gets so screechy and shouty. Better than Kree (surprisingly) but i think Candice was head.

Winner of round 1 - Candice.

Round 2!

Orders changed up a bit (which i think is good) and therefore Candice is up first. I don't normally get emotional with the home town visits, but i actually found myself getting a little upset. Candice seemed to shocked that people turned up to see her and it brought out the emotions in me. She is singing Next To Me by Emeli Sande.....SHE IS. EVERYWHERE. I do not like the song, not at all. It's been overplayed in every single country. But my god. Candice sounds amazing, i love what she did with song at the start and the end, a lovely fresh sound put on it. I don't know if American's will feel the same, as i don't think Next To Me has been played as much as everywhere else over there, but THE NIGHT HAS STARTED. Yes! Yes! Yes! This girl SHOULD win, lets be honest, each week she is a lot better than everyone else. I think Angie will win, but i think that will be a true shame.

So next up is Angie and her home town visit was meh. I just don't know why, but there is something about this girl that i am not too sure about. She's just....she seems a bit fake. It's probably just me though. She is singing Try by P!NK. So im excited by this! I think another GREAT choice for Angie! But...WHAT HAPPENED? I am trying so hard to like this girl, i really am. But no. no. no. It started off well, but AGAIN it just turned into a screechy, shouty mess. Urgh. I'm so disappointed.

Last up for round 2 is Kree. Her hometown visit is actually quite sad. I mean, how unlucky to lose both parents like that, it's just, horrible to even think about. Let's not forget about the sympathy votes too (i know how horrible that sounds, but lets be honest, it will probably solidify her place next week). She comes out and sings a Rascal Flatts song (i dont actually know them) but WOW. WOW. WOW. Its AMAZING! I didn't expect her to come out and do anything this good tonight! Wow! It's amazing! Recently i have been gradually coming round to this 'Kreedom' shite and actually understanding why people like her. Her tone is great. I think it's between her and Candice that will go home, and that's such a shame as i think they are the two that should be the top 2. I think this could be the performance of the night (although its pretty much the same as Candice's Next To Me) i think....Candice is going to have to pull out something special to be able to get to next week now, and i just dont think that will happen.

Winner of round 2 - Ahh, its so close, but i'm going with Kree (Only SLIGHTLY over Candice)

Round 3 now....i really REALLY hope that Candice pulls something amazing out of the bag, otherwise she's a goner :/

First up we have....Angie! Singing...WHAT THE! EMELI SANDE AGAIN! Right. Please. No. Oh it's Maybe! That's my favourite track of the album! Hmm.....im actually not sure about it! It's her best of the night, but the arrangement is crap! Her range appears a bit weak to be honest. Emeli can go lower and higher, so it doesn't actually compare to the original, it kinda stays at the same level, and then just deflates towards the end just....meh. Just shouting all the way through at the top of her range, from start to finish. It's her best of the night i guess but it just was nothing special. Hmmm.

Second up is Kree! After her last performances i'm really excited for her to sing! She is singing a 'The Band Perry' song. No. No. No. It sounds too country! I don't like it when she sings this kind of songs. I much prefer her when she sings pop/rock songs. Or country songs...without it being full on country....oh actually, the chorus is quite good. Ok, no. It's just not going anywhere :/ At all. It's sad, cause i liked her before and now just. Urgh. Well it's better than Angie's attempt, it certainly has a lot more energy than Angie did. Terrible song choice for her though. Also! What is with the song lengths? They are so short! Feels like they are lasting about 1 minute long each! Urgh! Her voice is better than the song. Judges seem to agree.

So last up we have Candice, and i am really nervous for her! She is singing 'Somewhere'! WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW! PERFORMANCE OF THE FREAKING NIGHT. ABSOLUTELY ****ING AMAZING! She just blew the other 2 away, completely. If this girl doesn't win this show, it will be an absolute disgrace. That performance was phenomenal. World class. I am praying that Candice makes the top 2, but i haven an awful feeling she won't.

Round 3 and the night overall - Candice. Candice. Candice. Incredible.

Top 2 SHOULD be - Kree and Candice
    Top 2 WILL be - Angie and Kree (only cause i think the country vote will carry her there, much like it carried Lauren Alaina to the final)
  • Flower PotFlower Pot Posts: 16,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    round 1 goes to angie, brilliant - pitchy from kree & candice
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flower Pot wrote: »
    round 1 goes to angie, brilliant - pitchy from kree & candice

Really? I'm watching it back at UK time now, it actually was better than i remembered, but it was so screechy and it, again, sounds the same as everything she did last week!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? I'm watching it back at UK time now, it actually was better than i remembered, but it was so screechy and it, again, sounds the same as everything she did last week!
    she lost it a bit at the end but the rest was lovely & yes, she sounds the same just as kree always sounds like kree, candice always sounds like candice etc, its what keeps the fans coming back for more otherwise theyd just buy now compilation albums! :p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    round 2 to candice, back on form, very professional performance
    angie excellent performance but pitchy in parts
    kree pitchy & shite, boring song
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she lost it a bit at the end but the rest was lovely & yes, she sounds the same just as kree always sounds like kree, candice always sounds like candice etc, its what keeps the fans coming back for more otherwise theyd just buy now compilation albums! :p:D

But that's it though....Candice and Kree come back and do different things each week. Angie stays in the same range, the same arrangement, pretty much the same key each week.

Janelle did it too.

I try so hard to like Angie, cause i loved her after her hollywood performance, but since then she has just got far too boring! I want her sparkle back! haha!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    round 2 to candice, back on form, very professional performance
    angie excellent performance but pitchy in parts
    kree pitchy & shite, boring song

Kree was good i thought....first time she has been my favourite in a round...haha!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kree was good i thought....first time she has been my favourite in a round...haha!
    i love kree's voice (probably my favourite out of them all) but shes always so lack-lustre, she makes songs boring and lately she seems to have lost even more motivation & become pitchy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i love kree's voice (probably my favourite out of them all) but shes always so lack-lustre, she makes songs boring and lately she seems to have lost even more motivation & become pitchy

I never used to like her at all, but since her 'See You Again' performance i think she is great! haha!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    round 3
    angie YUK! HATED the song, wtf was that?!?!
    kree very good performance but safe song & HATE country with a passion! :D
    candice YUK! to paraphrase: whoever chose that song needs to be stoned. brilliant performance (bar a few bum notes) but WAAAAAY too old fashioned & way too OTT.

i'm gonna have to abstain for this round, hated them all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    round 3
    angie YUK! HATED the song, wtf was that?!?!
    kree very good performance but safe song & HATE country with a passion! :D
    candice YUK! to paraphrase: whoever chose that song needs to be stoned. brilliant performance (bar a few bum notes) but WAAAAAY too old fashioned & way too OTT.

i'm gonna have to abstain for this round, hated them all.

WHAT! WHAT! WHAT!

How could you not think that 'Somewhere' was amazing by Candice?

Yes, ok, old fashioned, but come on! It was absolutely AMAZING!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WHAT! WHAT! WHAT!

How could you not think that 'Somewhere' was amazing by Candice?

Yes, ok, old fashioned, but come on! It was absolutely AMAZING!
    you quoted me saying she was brilliant but it was way too ott and old fashioned for a 23 year old
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you quoted me saying she was brilliant but it was way too ott and old fashioned for a 23 year old

What's your overall ranking of all the performances?

Mine would be:

1) Candice - Somewhere
    2) Kree - Her 2nd performance
    3) Candice - Next To Me
    4) Candice - One
    5) Angie - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
    6) Kree - Dig For Two
    7) Angie - Try
    8) Kree - Perfect
    9) Angie - Maybe
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's your overall ranking of all the performances?

Mine would be:

1) Candice - Somewhere
    2) Kree - Her 2nd performance
    3) Candice - Next To Me
    4) Candice - One
    5) Angie - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
    6) Kree - Dig For Two
    7) Angie - Try
    8) Kree - Perfect
    9) Angie - Maybe
    dunno, my memory's not that great! :o:D:D:D i'm trying to get some work done too so only watching (or rather listening, maybe thats why i dont get influenced by facial expressions etc) for a bit of light relief. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dunno, my memory's not that great! :o:D:D:D i'm trying to get some work done too so only watching (or rather listening, maybe thats why i dont get influenced by facial expressions etc) for a bit of light relief. :D

Ahh i see! haha!

Thanks for posting in this thread btw! Thought nobody was going to! xD
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK so I'm not even embarrassed to admit that I got up and applauded after Candice's Somewhere.

I hope Kree makes it through to next week, Angie is still very Disney for my liking however I think Kree has been well and truly thrown under the bus with the song choices. If she's gone its because of the dismal song choices, bar the judges choices.

Angie's Try by far the worst of the night though.

Candice wins the night (and the season after that final performance), Kree still my favorite despite the poor song choices but I'm not holding my breathe that she'll get through sadly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK so I'm not even embarrassed to admit that I got up and applauded after Candice's Somewhere.

I hope Kree makes it through to next week, Angie is still very Disney for my liking however I think Kree has been well and truly thrown under the bus with the song choices. If she's gone its because of the dismal song choices, bar the judges choices.

Angie's Try by far the worst of the night though.

Candice wins the night (and the season after that final performance), Kree still my favorite despite the poor song choices but I'm not holding my breathe that she'll get through sadly.

I really hope its a Kree and Candice finale. I just think Angie is much more suited to musical theatre.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    I really hope its a Kree and Candice finale. I just think Angie is much more suited to musical theatre.

seriously ?

of the three shes the one that I thought has looked most relevant to todays music , her best performances have been when shes been singing up to date songs whereas Candice has shone on older style songs imo

Candice's standout song tonight was a musical theatre staple

Angie's standout song tonight was a modern pop song
    Forum Member
    my thoughts on tonight

jimmys songs :

thought kree was good with perfect

really didn't like Candice's version of one , thought her timing was all over the place most of the song

loved angie doing sorry seems to be the hardest word , gave me goosebumps

judges songs :

angie was good with try , her best performance of an up tempo song

loved Candice doing the emeli sande track , first time I have felt she did something that was commercial

kree again ok but nothing special

producers songs :

hated all three song choices

yes Candice was amazing vocally with that somewhere but was that really the time for them to give her a broadway song to sing ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    seriously ?

of the three shes the one that I thought has looked most relevant to todays music , her best performances have been when shes been singing up to date songs whereas Candice has shone on older style songs imo

Obviously Candice will shine on older songs, because they are more complex to sing - something Angie couldn't do.

Everything Angie does sounds the same now - Love Came Down, Who You Are, Halo, Maybe, Sorry Seems To Be...., I Was Here, I Surrender etc. The only time she has sounded different was when she sang Shop Around, and that was crap. I was completely team Angie up until about week 2 when i got bored.

All the mainstream starts don't actually release songs that sound the same. Rihanna, Katy Perry, Lady GaGa, Adele etc - they all release fresh sounds. Angie is incapable of making anything sound fresh from what we have seen whereas Kree and Candice - although they sing older songs - make them sound more modern than the ones Angie sings.

Candice has sung two very very modern songs the last 2 weeks - Next To Me and When I Was Your Man and both performances have been better than any of Angie's has been in recent weeks.
    Forum Member
    well we gonna differ in opinion

I would buy something the style angie sings whereas altho I appreciate Candice vocally I am not a fan of the songs she has been doing

still cant believe you would have kree in the final in front of angie , kree has been boring for the majority of the live shows and shown zero versatility but you say all angie's songs sound the same ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    well we gonna differ in opinion

I would buy something the style angie sings whereas altho I appreciate Candice vocally I am not a fan of the songs she has been doing

still cant believe you would have kree in the final in front of angie , kree has been boring for the majority of the live shows and shown zero versatility but you say all angie's songs sound the same ?

Kree's songs don't sound the same though. If that was the case, i would still absolutely dislike her like i did at the start.

The only person i liked going into the live shows was Angie. I was 100% Angie.

Didn't care for Candice and Kree. At all. Candice caught my attention straight away with "I Who Have Nothing" (which she made sound very fresh and relevant). I only paid attention to Kree when it was announced she was top 3, and i didn't get it. Each week, for me, i feel as though she has shown herself to be more versatile, more capable, and more likeable than Angie.

I think the one thing that annoys me the most about Angie is that everyone makes out she is this great pianist, no, she isn't. When you actually look at what she is playing, its about 4 chords in a song. Her left hand spends more time waving about in the air than it does actually playing anything on the piano. People say "she plays the piano, she is better than the other girls, thats talent" well no. If you sat anyone down at a piano for 30 minutes you could get them to play what Angie plays.

Angie also has the most pitch problems out of the 3 left. Try was just....crap really. Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word started fine, then she hit possible the most out of tune note since Lazaro, and then just screamed into the microphone like she was in pain. How in ANY WAY is that good? I don't get it.

Kree has a better tone, a more dynamic voice and a voice that is able to tell a story better than Angie.

Angie belongs in Music Theatre - that's not a bad thing at all. It's actually fantastic.

I have no doubt in my mind that the top 2 will be Kree and Angie as Angie has some idiotic fans that though 'Shop Around' was the performance of the season and well, that says it all. Kree also has the sob story and the MASSIVE country vote which will get her through.
  • bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaah poor Kree such a sad situation :cry: If ever there has been a sob story on one of these shows, then this has got to be the saddest, I even cried. I am sure it will get her votes, so be it.. but I don't think it will be enough for her to get to the final.

I am sure Candie has it in the bag to win.

When you think of the weeks that the judges, Jimmy etc etc have been banging on about song choices and when it comes to them picking the songs, well I wasn't impressed with their choices. Candice was given a great classic that is emotional and can really show of anyone's vocal ability, so Canidice obviously stole the show.

I am sure all three will go on to big things, they are all good singers in their own right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My thought on the results!
    YES! ANGIE IS GONE! ABOUT 3 WEEKS TOO LATE. YES. YES! YES!

CANDICE AND KREE THE TOP 2! AND AN AMAZING TOP 2 IT IS! YES! YES! YES! SO HAPPY!
  • bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yikes - I thought Angie was sure to be in the final from the beginning she was the fav to win. Online polls were showing that Kree was going to leave. Maybe that hometown video of Kree gave her more votes, oh well. Candice will win, I am certain of that.