Forum Member
✭✭✭
Adam's singing mad world this week and looks hot in white with blue neon

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For goodness sake.
    Could you please explain why you made a whole thread for this? Adam has a thread of his own for random comments of adoration. Also, you just made another thread dedicated to him, you could have condensed it or just said it in his thread.

:mad:!

Oh and just before anyone jumps me for being anti-Adam, this is just a general pet hate of mine!
  • InsideSoapInsideSoap Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member
    Not everybody wants the songs they've chosen ruined for them in the title. That said, I've already seen the ep and thought it was amazing. Also, I don't see why there should be ONE thread for each contestant, doesn't work like that on The X Factor forum, or any other forum on this website.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You must not go to the XF forums often then, the Appreciation Threads are the busiest areas of the forum, most fans keeping in the threads with all the news been available in those threads. Major news (usually documented by DS) gets it's own thread or big news like albums.

The reason it doesn't work as well on the AI forum is timezones but it doesn't mean we need 1000 threads for one contestant when all of those things can be said in one thread, especially comments like "he was hot".... :eek:

The David Cook one is really good, I've found lots of stuff out there and it's much better than having each bit of news posted in a new thread. One place for everything above that contestant.
    Forum Member
    smellyadam wrote: »
    You must not go to the XF forums often then, the Appreciation Threads are the busiest areas of the forum, most fans keeping in the threads with all the news been available in those threads. Major news (usually documented by DS) gets it's own thread or big news like albums.

The reason it doesn't work as well on the AI forum is timezones but it doesn't mean we need 1000 threads for one contestant when all of those things can be said in one thread, especially comments like "he was hot".... :eek:

The David Cook one is really good, I've found lots of stuff out there and it's much better than having each bit of news posted in a new thread. One place for everything above that contestant.

I do go into the X Factor forum and am aware of the Appreciation threads, but when the show is on, there's still hundreds of threads about each contestant despite whether there is an appreciation thread or not. The thing with having everything in one thread is people might go offline for a few hours, come back and there's been loads of posts in that thread. Probably not with Idol, but on XF the Appreciation threads can get ridiculous with spam.
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to say that I like the studio version of Mad World so much more than the live one. He uses a warmer tone in his voice and saves the falsetto to make a haunting end rather than singing in it throughout as he virtually did live.
    Forum Member
    The studio version is AMAZING! He gets better and better each week, surely if he doesn't win he'll still get signed up! I can't wait for an Adam Lambert album. :D Even though we're building up a collection already with his amazing studio versions. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand those who say that Adam's just a stage performer and people won't buy his records ... I know it's all down to personal taste, but having heard his studio recordings I think he has a great recording voice, and can convey the meaning and emotion of the lyrics perfectly on his vocals so he doesn't need to be watched to be appreciated.

I know the big question is what type of album he'll make, but I don't think there need to be any worries about his actual vocal recordings.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    claire2281 wrote: »
    Have to say that I like the studio version of Mad World so much more than the live one. He uses a warmer tone in his voice and saves the falsetto to make a haunting end rather than singing in it throughout as he virtually did live.

I actually think that he has a warmer tone in the live version, it is a also more varied and more heart felt, so overall I prefer it. :)
  • Early DoorsEarly Doors Posts: 1,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »
    I don't understand those who say that Adam's just a stage performer and people won't buy his records ... I know it's all down to personal taste

No, it's down to the petty jealousy and frustration of the fans of the also-rans.

He has a great vocal tone for recording and the natural vocal talent to reproduce his recordings live but with the added energy of a live performance.

Chi wrote: »
    I actually think that he has a warmer tone in the live version, it is a also more varied and more heart felt, so overall I prefer it. :)

He has a very vulnerable tone in the live version that helps to convey the sentiment of the lyrics.
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chi wrote: »

Yeah well I clearly just have to be different all right :p:D

Seriously, I just think the studio one has a much nicer sound to it. His voice somehow sounds more rounded there.
  • Bella TrixBella Trix Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    Gary Jules version? It's one of my favourite songs, I'm really looking forward to hearing it tonight :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    I loved his clothes and hair style for the performance of mad world, yet I wish we could have seen more of his face during the performance. Only caught a brief glimpse when the lights went on and he received the standing O, but the blue lighting was awesome - I wonder if that was his idea.

My opinion - I think it's fine to have separate threads for his songs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »

He didn't sing in falsetto through the live performance .. he has a naturally high chest and head voice, but that's different from his falsetto.
  • Forever AwkwardForever Awkward Posts: 3,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do some people think that a man, or a woman for that matter, singing in the higher octaves of their register is singing falsetto? Only the last two notes were sung in falsetto.
  • belive940belive940 Posts: 32,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do some people think that a man, or a woman for that matter, singing in the higher octaves of their register is singing falsetto? Only the last two notes were sung in falsetto.

Don't think It really matters. Adam Lambert from wHat ever planet you want to be from ' HE Is fFROM another.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    belive940 wrote: »
    Don't think It really matters. Adam Lambert from wHat ever planet you want to be from ' HE Is fFROM another.

:confused:

Live long and prosper :)
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam has a good voice, but that was the worst version of "mad world" I can remember.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    Adam has a good voice, but that was the worst version of "mad world" I can remember.

Yet again someone tries to make the second half of their statement sound reasoned by starting with a feint compliment.

There are no goldfish on this site as far as I am aware.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet again someone tries to make the second half of their statement sound reasoned by starting with a feint compliment.

That makes no sense at all.

The first half has nothing to do with how "reasoned" or not the second part is, so saying it was intended to make the second part "sound reasoned" is bizarre.

I did not like that version at all. I found it unpleasant to hear, and I would not want to listen to it again. That is and will remain my opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems like Gary Jules' version has shot up to #11 in the US Itunes chart so I bet Gary and old Roland are pleased about that.

I wish we knew the idol itunes sales figures this year, but I suspect that TPTB are quite happy with some of the sales.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did not like that version at all. I found it unpleasant to hear, and I would not want to listen to it again. That is and will remain my opinion.

I'm truly shocked, seeing as you're such a fan :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ibeca wrote: »
    I'm truly shocked, seeing as you're such a fan :rolleyes:
    I'm not a fan of any of them, but I don't dislike Adam if that's what you mean.

I can't fault his singing ability either, but it seems I'm not supposed to say that unless I also like everything he does with it and all of the arrangements he picks. :rolleyes:
  • TigerpawsTigerpaws Posts: 11,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That makes no sense at all.

The first half has nothing to do with how "reasoned" or not the second part is, so saying it was intended to make the second part "sound reasoned" is bizarre.

I agree with you on this thought it sounded awful and too high for my taste.

BTW haven't watched the show at all this season so don't even know who any of them are before being accused of being a hater or jealous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member

There are no goldfish on this site as far as I am aware.

People are allowed to express their opinion without being jumped at. This is NOT an appreciation thread and people are allowed negative opinions.
    For the forum rules
    Maturity
    Posts that don't contain constructive comment aren't acceptable here. All posts should be considered, civil and well thought through. Robust debate is welcome; slanging matches are not. Please back up and explain your opinions; if you like or dislike something, please say why so that others may join in the discussion!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Fave song, fave version of the song, fave idol (irrespective of the year) performing the song.

Couldn't get much better for me. Absolutely awesome!!

The studio version is up on YouTube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rionLVhCAds&fmt=18

Can't stop listening to it..