Options

New Girl

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio Times has an amusing review of New Girl:

I assume this painfully irritating US sitcom is aimed directly at people who thought the film Juno was charming. The heroines share similar “kooky” traits, though in the case of New Girl’s Jess (Zooey Deschanel) these include wearing wacky hats and bursting randomly into song. Jess, as we know, has moved in with three cute guys after she left her cheating boyfriend. But, because she’s an idiot, she broke her new flatmates’ TV and thus has to return to her feckless ex to retrieve a telly. There are some laughs, but no wit in the world can make up for Jess. You will want to pull her by the hair through the sewage system of a medium-sized town.

:D
  • Options
    MarkBealesMarkBeales Posts: 3,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an absolutely pile of dog cack!
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed it - I think if you like Scrubs and its ilk, you'll enjoy this show as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked this episode, I really liked it. Sure its not LOL every minute, but its got this more subtle comedy about it, and extra added heart, I think its so super. The only thing is, I miss Coach, I think that Winston will grow on me, but the chemistry just seemed perfect on the pilot. But I am sure he will sink in, and it shall continue to be super. I dont have much more to say, apart from, roll on next friday!
  • Options
    lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it mostly girls who are enjoying this out of interest?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lealeeds wrote: »
    Is it mostly girls who are enjoying this out of interest?

Inbetween my legs is a penis, its not huge, or big, but I think this show is universal. Quirky can appeal to all sorts, and this sort of comedy is very cool, I dont think its a gender thing, its just if you appreciate this sort of style.
  • Options
    SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mickey S wrote: »

I assume this painfully irritating US sitcom is aimed directly at people who thought the film Juno was charming. The heroines share similar “kooky” traits, though in the case of New Girl’s Jess (Zooey Deschanel) these include wearing wacky hats and bursting randomly into song. Jess, as we know, has moved in with three cute guys after she left her cheating boyfriend. But, because she’s an idiot, she broke her new flatmates’ TV and thus has to return to her feckless ex to retrieve a telly. There are some laughs, but no wit in the world can make up for Jess. You will want to pull her by the hair through the sewage system of a medium-sized town.

Alison Graham and her snarky reviews. What else is new. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the world is, in a way, split into two groups... people who get New Girl, and people who do not get New Girl. Not every show can cater for all. I just feel that the people who not get NG are really missing tbh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree Scotty. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Squiggle wrote: »
    I agree Scotty. :)

Amen. NG has a charm about it, it has this certain quality about it, it has something special about, that I cant put into words. When I watch it, I just get this really happy feeling, and while it is not LOL every minute, it just gives me this feeling from start to finish. Its not something I get often when watching telle.
  • Options
    MikayMikay Posts: 10,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well personally, I love New Girl but I hated Juno!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really should check out Juno. :p
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt that it really kicked up a gear from episode 4. But that's common with a lot of comedies. Part of the reason the later episodes have been so funny is because of the groundwork with the characters in the first few episodes. Plus, I like Jess! Which I guess is a big part of it.

As for the title - first of all, it's a title. It doesn't really matter. Secondly, she'll always be the "new girl" because the other guys have known each other so long. It's the whole premise of the show - she's the kooky weird outsider who they grow to love.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it, but then I like Zooey Deschanel anyway. I liked the scene where they were driving to her ex's house and kept going round the block each time .. raised a chuckle :)
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be interesting to see how Zooey and New Girl do at the Golden Globes tomorrow.

I enjoy it, but it's not 'unmissable' (yet).

Of the three new shows nominated, New Girl, Episodes and Enlightened, I would give both the show and actress awards to Laura Dern and Enlightened.

IMO that is in a class of its own.
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member

Hahaa! That's how I feel about it. I find it's trying too hard to be kooky.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    Mikay wrote: »
    Well personally, I love New Girl but I hated Juno!
    Me too. I didn't like this ep as much as the pilot. The bit when one of them said 'She looks like Helena Bonham Carter' did make me chuckle though. I'll probably still watch next week just because I can't help but love Zooey.
  • Options
    sp2011sp2011 Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just watched the first two episodes and It's really good, Episode 2 was better than the Pilot :)
  • Options
    billyboy789billyboy789 Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 3 guys are all straight aren't they ?

With the gorgeous Jess in that flat, I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off her [ or her underwear ].

Did I actually type that ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I love Zooey Deschanel and I really enjoyed the pilot so I watched some of the episodes online.

Episode 2 isn't as good as the Pilot, but Episode 3 is really funny and after that the rest are quite good :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think I laughed once at Ep2. They went the wrong way with Schmidt to the point he is a bit of a cartoon, and the new guy didn't get enough to do so he was rather generic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    Loved it. Half an hour of pure bubblegum TV. Pefect hangover TV.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    billy92 wrote: »
    Loved it. Half an hour of pure bubblegum TV. Pefect hangover TV.

I agree, but I hope you watched it on demand or timeshifted – if you are hung over at 8:30pm on a Friday night your doing something wrong! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    I agree, but I hope you watched it on demand or timeshifted – if you are hung over at 8:30pm on a Friday night your doing something wrong! :D

It's repeated 10/11AM on a Saturday morning..