Options

The Walking Dead Video Game

Comments

• Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    My Walking dead for the 360 is some how faulty. Iv'e got about half way into the game and have had to start again from the beggining.

I'll have to try re-downloading it, because it is lots of fun to play.
  • Options
    MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    Latest on IGN is that the 360 version of Ep2 is out today, with the PS3 version following on Friday.

Although they have specified that those are the US dates, and this might be different for EU.

Personally I think this has been a complete car crash of a release for people that paid up front.
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MojoMaster wrote: »
    Latest on IGN is that the 360 version of Ep2 is out today, with the PS3 version following on Friday.

Although they have specified that those are the US dates, and this might be different for EU.

Personally I think this has been a complete car crash of a release for people that paid up front.

Why? Is there problems with it? Im going to wait until the last one to buy them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why? Is there problems with it? Im going to wait until the last one to buy them.

The game itself is fantastic.

The problem I have is that you can pay up front (at a marginal discount) for the "Season Pass", which covers all their episodes, but they tell you that each episode will be released "monthly".

There has been a 2 month gap between eps 1 and 2, so it's not been a good start.

To be honest, if I had known that at the start I wouldn't have bothered wasting my money and would have just bought them as they were released. Might sound a bit OTT but I feel conned.
  • Options
    WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,463
    Forum Member
    It's out now on XBLA, But achievements are still not up on xbox.com, So you would have to recover your gamertag and earn them again once they show up on xbox.com.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a few messages from XBL friends telling me that there seems to be a problem with epi 2 (1 saying that although he downloaded it, he cannot get to play it and another saying he's having problems with the download itself). It seems to be working fine for me though. I downloaded it this morning and tried it out and all seems fine.

Been waiting ages for this. Let's hope epi 3 doesn't take as long :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Still no sign of the PS3 version. Grrrr.
  • Options
    N3dSt4rkN3dSt4rk Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    I personaly think it is crap. The idea of an interactive graphic novel is pointless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say it's crap but it's certainly different to anything iv'e played before. I quite like it but I have noticed that as iv'e gotten older, the games I choose to play have become different.
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Just finished episode 2. It was brilliant! Even better than the first!
  • Options
    daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the hell is this coming to psn (sen) wish I could get a refund tbh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    daclick wrote: »
    When the hell is this coming to psn (sen) wish I could get a refund tbh

Yep. If it isn't on psn by weds I shall be contacting telltale for a refund. The delay is pathetic.
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I also finished Ep2 the other day and I've been really impressed by the game so far. Ep2 really takes it all a step further, there's some incredibly good moments in it and tough choices to make.

Point and click like this are not usually my cup of tea but this game is just riveting. Time flies when you play it. The sign of a great game.
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Point and click like this are not usually my cup of tea but this game is just riveting. Time flies when you play it. The sign of a great game.

Its not a point and click. Its not even really an adventure game as there are no real puzzles to speak off. Its more of an interactive graphic novel if anything. Its still great though :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. If it isn't on psn by weds I shall be contacting telltale for a refund. The delay is pathetic.

I emailed them yesterday, havent had a reply as of yet!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psn seems to be going downhill. What's with all this waiting for games to appear. Thank fek I own a 360 too :)
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Vast_Girth wrote: »
    Its not a point and click. Its not even really an adventure game as there are no real puzzles to speak off. Its more of an interactive graphic novel if anything. Its still great though :)

I know, but when you are given free reign of Lee it's a point and click. I'm, not usually into interactive movie type games, I bought Heavy Rain and died of boredom by the time I was feeding/burping a baby all to an agonising QTE section.

I'm not sure what it is about it but The Walking Dead does it right as far as I'm concerned. It certainly is an adventure game though, not sure why anyone would think other wise..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've heard that the EU PSN version has FINALLY been released today.

I can't confirm myself, but worth a look.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard that the EU PSN version has FINALLY been released today.

I can't confirm myself, but worth a look.

according to the official sony blog it is out, am at work at the moment but will look at 5
  • Options
    VastGirthVastGirth Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    It certainly is an adventure game though, not sure why anyone would think other wise..

I suppose it depends on your definition of 'adventure' game. To qualify as an adventure i would have said the focus should be on puzzle solving, something that's not the case here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's an RPG.
  • Options
    WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,463
    Forum Member
    Ep 3 release date(s):

Out tomorrow on XBLA!

TBC for European and international PlayStation Network.

IT'S OFFICIAL! The Walking Dead: Episode Three – Long Road Ahead will release Tuesday, August 28th on PlayStation Network in North America for $4.99 or as part of the Season Pass option for $19.99 which includes all five episodes. The episode will also be available on Xbox Live Arcade Wednesday, August 29th for 400 MS Points as DLC within the original The Walking Dead XBLA release, and also on PC/MAC as part of a Season Pass on the Telltale Games Store, as well as through our partners on Steam, Origin, Amazon PC Downloads, GameStop, and GameFly. European and international release dates for PlayStation Network are still to be confirmed. The title is in submission with our international partners at SCEE, and as soon as Telltale Games receives a release confirmation, a date will be announced.
  • Options
    crimez83crimez83 Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Absolutely stoked for this. I finally played Ep 1 and 2 back to back a couple of weeks ago and they definitely are in my top 5 XBLA releases. Should have picked them up sooner but it has made the wait for Ep 3 a little more bearable!
  • Options
    crimez83crimez83 Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Just finished. This game truly messes with your mind, actually shed a tear - a first for a game for me. I'd highly recommend anyone to give this a go, Ep 1 was good, Ep 2 was dramatic and Ep 3 was just plain dark.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I would but PSN got the shaft again. No idea when it's out.