BattleField 3

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone having issues with the co-op? Was plsying wit a random the other night but got stuck on the third mission, you get so far and have to secure the extraction point, we killed everything and destroyed all the vehicles bt it would not let us progress, we tried several times but nope. Anyone else had this?
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Has anyone managed to download the update on PS3? It's 1547 MB in size and is taking ages. Been stuck on 29% for about 15 minutes now.

I'm guessing this is the DLC & when you access premium, that'll unlock it?
  • ShaunWShaunW Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to download the update on PS3? It's 1547 MB in size and is taking ages. Been stuck on 29% for about 15 minutes now.

I'm guessing this is the DLC & when you access premium, that'll unlock it?

Taken from Battlelog.

PLAYSTATION 3 SPECIFIC INFO
    Patch goes live: September 4
    Armored Kill goes live: September 4 for Premium members / September 18 for non-Premiums
    Patch size: 1.53GB
    Armored Kill size: 1.55GB
    How to download patch: When starting the game, the patch will automatically download. It is mandatory to accept this download if you want to play the game.
    How to download Armored Kill: Armored Kill is available on the PlayStation Store and in our in-game store as a manual download. If you are a Premium member, this download will be available at 0 cost.
    Forum Member
    Got AK downloaded. It didn't show in the in game store so I went to the PSN store & downloaded it from the latest add ons section :)
  • heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AK is so much fun.

Had a couple of hours play last night with a mix of maps, modes and new vehicles.

Not got to grips with map layouts yet, but what I've seen so far seems well designed.

Quite fun skidding across the lake on the Quad bike and the mountain terrain is well designed too.

I can see the engineer class being very popular for a while now, although using Recon with the SOFLAM works quite well too.

Love the the sight of an AC130 in flames cutting across the sky.....
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have played on the snowy mountain one and enjoyed it. Likewise, loved the Quads.

AC130 getting a lot of negative feedback, particularly in Rush.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    When you get a chance, you Premium players give your feedback on AK.... I value your opinions more than the lunatics who post on Battlelog!
  • Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AK is great fun so far. Love zooming up and down the mountains in the quad bike. I think they've got the balance right with the AC130 in Conquest as it's pretty easy to take it out.

Haven't tried Rush yet but I can imagine it being pretty brutal for the defending team with the AC130 raining down on them. I think I'll stay clear of that mode on these maps for the time being.
    Forum Member
    How do you get the AC130? Is it if you hold the objective which has a place next to it? I've used it to spawn by parachuting out it & have been a gunner in it once by luck.

Love the quad but not sure about the lorry with the missiles on the back, I don't know what angle & how far to fire.

All maps are great though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You cant fly the AC130 its computer controlled but yeah you need to hold the objective that controls it. I'd guess normally the centre objective.

Hoping to get a shot of this tonight but looks like there's a queue for the PS3 and TV. :(

I wasnt that keen on "tank superiority" but will maybe grow once I figure it out better. Even the map I played on (snowy one) was pretty busy considering the size of it, so I think the fears of how it would play on consoles isnt so bad. Could possibly end up a a lot of snipers about in the mountains once they get the hang of it though.
    Forum Member
    The tank superiority mode is pretty good but it sucks when you have to spawn & there's no tanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Played conquest on the "night time" one. Loved the map, but its not really night is it??...more just blue tinted. Anyway, ran over 3 folk with my Quad.
    watch for Quads loaded with C4 though. LOL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad7WzK8CgWA&hd=1
  • claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've played Rush, CQ, and Tank Superiority a few times.

Rush - the AC130 is a pain. My first game I was killed 4 times by it in quick succession. It's got to be the first thing the defenders try to take out, preferably by other air vehicles as the SGLA/Stingers seem to be pretty useless against it. (I saw 5 hits and it was still going)

CQ - business as usual, although going on foot is pointless, it takes far too long to get anywhere due to the size of the maps (all of which I think are pretty good). This is probably why there are loads of ATVs dotted about.

TS - only played 2 rounds of this, but I liked it. Take the flag and then back off, defending it from afar. Seeing all the vehicles fighting across the desert was cool.

New vehicles - all the ones I've tried seem ok, but going back to having no unlocks is a pain. Playing CQ and taking flags in them to rank them up quickly seems to be the way to go. There is a new LAV on the 'valley' map I think, which has a mini-gun on top, which is just superb for taking out low flying helis.

The patch - only downside I've noticed is they've taken away the 'double-tap' in a tank. i.e. where you could shoot the guided shell, switch to main gun and fire straightaway - now you have to wait. It makes the guided shell less of an option imo, but I guess it's the same for everyone.

All in all, a pretty good package I think.
  • ShaunWShaunW Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claymore74 wrote: »
    I've played Rush, CQ, and Tank Superiority a few times.

Rush - the AC130 is a pain. My first game I was killed 4 times by it in quick succession. It's got to be the first thing the defenders try to take out, preferably by other air vehicles as the SGLA/Stingers seem to be pretty useless against it. (I saw 5 hits and it was still going)

CQ - business as usual, although going on foot is pointless, it takes far too long to get anywhere due to the size of the maps (all of which I think are pretty good). This is probably why there are loads of ATVs dotted about.

TS - only played 2 rounds of this, but I liked it. Take the flag and then back off, defending it from afar. Seeing all the vehicles fighting across the desert was cool.

New vehicles - all the ones I've tried seem ok, but going back to having no unlocks is a pain. Playing CQ and taking flags in them to rank them up quickly seems to be the way to go. There is a new LAV on the 'valley' map I think, which has a mini-gun on top, which is just superb for taking out low flying helis.

The patch - only downside I've noticed is they've taken away the 'double-tap' in a tank. i.e. where you could shoot the guided shell, switch to main gun and fire straightaway - now you have to wait. It makes the guided shell less of an option imo, but I guess it's the same for everyone.

All in all, a pretty good package I think.

Yes your right that is an update confirmed by Dice in this patch.
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait to try Armoured Kill. The new maps and mode looks awesome.

I don't have premium though and I have it on PC so it will be the end of this month before I can play it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I am playing on PS3 and have the maps first. I totally detest all this, one console getting things earlier that the others. Its annoying as hell with COD and it doesnt feel right on this either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait to try Armoured Kill. The new maps and mode looks awesome.

I don't have premium though and I have it on PC so it will be the end of this month before I can play it.

Surely you of all people should have premium! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best maps in the game. Loving playing on them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BF3 premium edition xbox/Ps3 £34.99, thats the game and all the premium stuff, for actually less than the price that premium was in the first place.
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/battlefield-3-premium-edition-includes-access-5-dlc-map-packs-34-99-for-ps3-xbox-1305669

think its around 29.99 on PC
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a few days to go for PC, played since launch now im finally really bored of Firestorm, Caspian, Kharg, Canals. I didnt like the revamped BF2 maps and dint bother with close quarters maps.

Ive been looking at Planetside 2 more often recently, and today found out if i pay £30 i can preorder it with beta access right now... but armored kill is only a few days away i might as well wait for that see how long it keeps me entertained.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like what they've done to choppers. It feels like they're made of paper now :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kopite79 wrote: »
    I don't like what they've done to choppers. It feels like they're made of paper now :(

See a lot of folk talking about the things they've done in the patch, like below radar and things. To be honest I'm never in the planes/choppers that much anyway, so most doesnt affect me.

@The One: If your favourite type of map was Caspian, then you should love Armoured kill. I think they are actually better than Caspian.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since the patch the aircraft seem to explode for no good reason allot, which is a pain. H
    as there been a time limit implemented or something?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheG-Man wrote: »
    Since the patch the aircraft seem to explode for no good reason allot, which is a pain. H
    as there been a time limit implemented or something?

Can't say I've experienced that. A lot of people are carrying stingers now since they've increased the range on them. With that and the removal of flares for the gunner it's very tough to stay in the air for any length of time now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The birds on the maps (which are cool) stay in the air longer than most of the vehicles for me. In fact I think I get more air time with the Quad than with a chopper LOL