Options

The Mick Carter/Danny Dyer Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Sez!! :)

No worries. I love how honest Danny is about everything.

3 hours to go :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awww loved that "you alright?" to Shirley. Hopefully more scenes tomorrow!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,749
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Awww loved that "you alright?" to Shirley. Hopefully more scenes tomorrow!!

It was lovely wasn't it. Glad they will be close :)

Pfft - Phil had no right to kick Shirley out. After all it isn't his pub anymore :p
  • Options
    becsiebecsie Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Becsie!! Hello :D

Welcome to the thread.

Can't wait to see him say more than one line at a time tonight :D Looking forward to seeing Mick interact with all his family too.

Hello!!!
    Loved his scene in the vic.This is going to be awesome!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was lovely wasn't it. Glad they will be close :)

Pfft - Phil had no right to kick Shirley out. After all it isn't his pub anymore :p

Yeh exactly! I can't wait to hear more about their history.
    becsie wrote: »
    Hello!!!
    Loved his scene in the vic.This is going to be awesome!!

Yeh pleeeease let there be more scenes tomorrow!!
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Danny's just said on Big fat quiz of the year he hopes to do a 20 year stretch like Ian Beale.
    I hope so hehe
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeh exactly! I can't wait to hear more about their history.

Yeh pleeeease let there be more scenes tomorrow!!

Deffo!! Haven't seen enough of them yet.
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Danny's just said on Big fat quiz of the year he hopes to do a 20 year stretch like Ian Beale.
    I hope so hehe

Oh how lovely. He seems very committed. Will have to catch up on that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's promising then :)

I'm looking forward to him saying more than a line at a time tomorrow :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think im starting to fancy danny dyer :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love love love him!!!! Very funny, sarcastic and a nice guy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you think there is something huge between Shirley and Mick that we don't know about? Shirley seems to care a lot about Mick, like she's trying to protect him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you think there is something huge between Shirley and Mick that we don't know about? Shirley seems to care a lot about Mick, like she's trying to protect him.

I think you're onto something here. Maybe something happened that only they know about? Is he supposed to be the youngest in the family? :)

I love Mick. I think he's adorable and the son :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was defiantly something going on in that scene in the vics front room.you could tell by the look in his eyes. Maybe something to do with their parents.

Is mick younger then shirley?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you're onto something here. Maybe something happened that only they know about? Is he supposed to be the youngest in the family? :)

I love Mick. I think he's adorable and the son :blush:

becsie wrote: »
    There was defiantly something going on in that scene in the vics front room.you could tell by the look in his eyes. Maybe something to do with their parents.

Is mick younger then shirley?

I think Mick is supposed to be the youngest of him, Shirley and Tina.

I agree, the eyes said it all. Shirley was almost crying and Mick looked very emotional. I wonder what it is??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been re-watching the episode on iplayer. I'm not sure if I'm reading too much into this but did anyone else think that the bit when Mick is looking out the window listening to Oasis looked a bit odd? Do you think he looked sad? He kind of spun round when Shirley spoke and when he sad that he couldn't be happier, it seemed a bit forced.
    Do you think the secrets underlying the Carters could be on the same scale as the Slaters? They remind me of them a little bit, especially with the two new relatives coming in as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've been re-watching the episode on iplayer. I'm not sure if I'm reading too much into this but did anyone else think that the bit when Mick is looking out the window listening to Oasis looked a bit odd? Do you think he looked sad? He kind of spun round when Shirley spoke and when he sad that he couldn't be happier, it seemed a bit forced.
    Do you think the secrets underlying the Carters could be on the same scale as the Slaters? They remind me of them a little bit, especially with the two new relatives coming in as well.

Funny you mention that actually because I rewatched last night too and I thought the same thing. The way he stood there during the song and did you notice Shirley and Tina's faces when they heard the song? Surely you wouldn't smile that much just because you heard a bit of music. Am i reading too much into this, do they really like the song is it like a Carter song or are we supposed to just ignore that?

There is def something there that we don't know about or hinted. I was just searching the song when it came out which would of been about 1995 - they say it was around 15 years ago that they lost contact. Were the oasis songs in the episode supposed to be a hint? :D

I wouldn't be surprised if it were something like the Slaters, I mean this is DTC first family. He has been thinking about this family for well over a year, he knows the characters, who they are and why they are the way they are. Wouldn't be surprised if he has at least until 2015 planned out for them.

I'm looking forward to it though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Danny will be on The 50 Funniest Moments of 2013 tonight at 9pm

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-50-funniest-moments-of-2013
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny you mention that actually because I rewatched last night too and I thought the same thing. The way he stood there during the song and did you notice Shirley and Tina's faces when they heard the song? Surely you wouldn't smile that much just because you heard a bit of music. Am i reading too much into this, do they really like the song is it like a Carter song or are we supposed to just ignore that?

There is def something there that we don't know about or hinted. I was just searching the song when it came out which would of been about 1995 - they say it was around 15 years ago that they lost contact. Were the oasis songs in the episode supposed to be a hint? :D

I wouldn't be surprised if it were something like the Slaters, I mean this is DTC first family. He has been thinking about this family for well over a year, he knows the characters, who they are and why they are the way they are. Wouldn't be surprised if he has at least until 2015 planned out for them.

I'm looking forward to it though.

Yeh that scene just seemed poignant...The relationship between Mick and Shirley intrigues me so much. We've hardly ever seen Shirley that emotional. Only Heather's death.

Danny will be on The 50 Funniest Moments of 2013 tonight at 9pm

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-50-funniest-moments-of-2013

Thank you :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeh that scene just seemed poignant...The relationship between Mick and Shirley intrigues me so much. We've hardly ever seen Shirley that emotional. Only Heather's death.

Thank you :)

Oh don't get me started on Heather's death - Shirley's in the aftermath broke my heart.

I'm surprised they haven't mentioned her. How long were Shirley and Hev friends do you know? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think quite a long time. It would be nice if Tina, Mick or Linda mentioned her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes it would. I hope they explore Shirley and Linda a bit more. Poor Mick being in the middle of it all, he loves them both.

Great pics of them here though looks quite funny http://www.eastendersultra.co.uk/spoiler-pics-arm-wrestling/4581667963
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Found this for anyone who didn't see or wants to see it again from quiz of the year http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTj5C_owTFk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Found this for anyone who didn't see or wants to see it again from quiz of the year http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTj5C_owTFk

Thanks for the link.

Aww love him so much! Very funny but I think people are laughing with him which is good rather than at him. I think, especially with Jonathon standing up, a lot of people respect him for taking his career in a different direction.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the link.

Aww love him so much! Very funny but I think people are laughing with him which is good rather than at him. I think, especially with Jonathon standing up, a lot of people respect him for taking his career in a different direction.

Yeah I think everyone is really happy for him and I haven't seen any negatives thrown towards him about his new role. :)

I love Johnny he is so sweet. I hope him and Mick can retain a good father/son relationship and be honest with each other. It's sort of a cliche for the father to joke on with his son about women so I can see why Mick was the way he was in tonight's ep.