Cocky little Welsh rapper....vile

Comments

• mistygalmistygal Posts: 8,316
    Forum Member
    He's not being a child tho. He's acting the big man.

An just because he's a child doesn't make him immune to criticism

How old are you?
    It is not the children's fault that BGT are supporting them and they gained votes.
    Forum Member
    junipaire wrote: »
    I don't agree with calling him vile but there is a distinct worrying pattern emerging these days with respect and lack of it amongst the young people of Great Britain (not everyone though, thank god some children are still taught respect), Police and teachers are no longer feared and its only going to get worse.

Seems like the the disruptive and disrespectful kids get the special attention and rewards and the quiet well behaved kids get nothing, its a real shame as it should be the other way around.

Yes I get the picture but 99.9% of these children are not on BGT
    This blame of society exampled onto one child.
    We all judge people on appearance I realise that and it is okay to like/dislike someone irrelevant of their age.
    But they are just children who have been given a golden moment in their life.
    Poor lad probably cringe himself later, when watching back in 10 years on how attention seeking he came across.
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mistygal wrote: »
    How old are you?
    It is not the children's fault that X Factor are supporting them and they gained votes.

Yes. BGT is gradually morphing into the XFactor.
    Forum Member
    Oh :D:D same principle is both shows. Knew there would be a clever person here to pick up on that for me!
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    Not American but Jafaikan Gangsta street talk ,,he doesn't just sing with it but talks like it as well. Annoying little brat.

Oh Lord I can't stand the mockney Jamaican 'Gangsta' accent used these days >:(;-)
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. BGT is gradually morphing into the XFactor.

Given what type of acts get championed on this show | suppose it's an easy mistake to make.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    I assume all you moaning minnies on here were perfectly well behaved children at that age.
    If I had suddenly achieved fame at 12 yrs old I think I would have been a bit cocky.At least he will make something of his life. What have you lot achieved?
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cherokee54 wrote: »
    I assume all you moaning minnies on here were perfectly well behaved children at that age.
    If I had suddenly achieved fame at 12 yrs old I think I would have been a bit cocky.At least he will make something of his life. What have you lot achieved?

I'm not certain he's become 'a bit cocky' just because of the show. I daresay he was like that already.

Yes, my children were and still are very well behaved. I wouldn't have it any other way. They've achieved a lot in their lives without being 'a bit cocky' :)
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    marc_p88 wrote: »
    I don't find him vile, but I'm surprised simon hasn't reined him in and told him about his americanised style of rap. He sounds like he's american, not welsh. British rappers like tinie tempah and dizzee rascal are successful for many reasons, but the main one being, their uniqueness. This kid doesn't have any uniqueness and is trying too hard to sound like something he isn't. How many British rappers rap using an American accent?

When I first heard Prof. Green on "Read all About It", I thought he was American or something :confused:
    Back then I thought "He's OK but he thinks he's Eminem" :confused:
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I just watched the ellen clip as i havent seen these 2 on bgt. They wont make it as a duo and i feel sorry for the older one. I think if the little one had a chance at fame he will ditch the other one at the first opportunity.

My view was that the older ones singing wasnt that great. If he was an adult singing alone he wouldve been buzzed. He seems quiet and sensible and a well rounded young man.

The young one is ok at rapping, but its only because its different. When hes older he will sound different and nothing will make him stand out against the other rappers.

I wouldnt say he was vile but i couldnt warm to him. He hardly let the other one speak and sounded like he was trying to act older but in a way that alienates people. As for what he said to marvin thats pushing it for an adult to say but what kind of kid refers to someones wife as their misses? Thats the sort of thing youd expect an adult to say to their friend, not a child to a stranger.
  • wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I referred to a husband and wife as Mr. and Mrs. (not Missus, or Misses, but same way of saying it,) at the age of 12. (Amongst other ways of saying it.)

I assume everyone knows that Mr. and Mrs. is a formal way of addressing a married couple amongst others.
  • psychologistxpsychologistx Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    anyone who raps is vile, as is anyone who listens to it, attitude problems.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Oh Lord I can't stand the mockney Jamaican 'Gangsta' accent used these days >:(;-)

Nor me, and I take an instant dislike to anyone who uses it.

However Bars and Melody are just kids, and for the OP to call them vile is ridiculous.
  • Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grey Lady wrote: »
    ...However Bars and Melody are just kids, and for the OP to call them vile is ridiculous.
    But, you would surely admit, some kids really are vile, or they are at least in the real world in which I live.

But, perhaps the OP was using 'vile' in the sense of:

atrocious,
    bad,
    disagreeable,
    distasteful,
    dreadful,
    nauseating,
    obnoxious,
    off-putting,
    repellent,
    unpleasant,
    unsavoury,

Some of those could well be applied to the diminutive pre-pubescent one and perhaps even more so to his 'vocal performance'.

Or, at least as much as anyone, apart from Saint Amanda can understand them, his 'lyrics'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're talking about two kids who have entered a silly talent show. I think some of you are taking it all so seriously it's rather concerning.

And I would not genreally use the word "vile" to describe a child, unless we're talking young offenders or something.
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    But, you would surely admit, some kids really are vile, or they are at least in the real world in which I live.

<snip>

Or, at least as much as anyone, apart from Saint Amanda can understand them, his 'lyrics'.

And yet he is a nice wee guy when compared with you. :p
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Grey Lady wrote: »
    We're talking about two kids who have entered a silly talent show. I think some of you are taking it all so seriously it's rather concerning.

And I would not genreally use the word "vile" to describe a child, unless we're talking young offenders or something.

Hopefully they are WUM's. It would be extremely depressing if as adults they really meant it. :o
  • psychologistxpsychologistx Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    yes, kids and a silly talent show, thats to trivialise it - but their vile rap is going around the world to tens of millions of people, before long they will be getting into the flow with vile lyrics to sell records.

All rap is vile, its hatred, its poison - kids have it on their personal steroes for hours at a time - the same words repeated into their thick skulls about violence, knifes, drugs, whos cool and whos not cool, how you have to be cool, about treating women/girls like dirt, homophobic, filth - and then people wonder why the youth of today have such attitude problems.
    Forum Member
    I grew up in the 50/60s, and can remember people saying how vile rock & roll was. Then how vile punk was,and 70s underground music,then dance & trance music.The list goes on,you just have to move with the times.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes, kids and a silly talent show, thats to trivialise it - but their vile rap is going around the world to tens of millions of people, before long they will be getting into the flow with vile lyrics to sell records.

All rap is vile, its hatred, its poison - kids have it on their personal steroes for hours at a time - the same words repeated into their thick skulls about violence, knifes, drugs, whos cool and whos not cool, how you have to be cool, about treating women/girls like dirt, homophobic, filth - and then people wonder why the youth of today have such attitude problems.

Ok, i'll bite ..

You clearly don't have the first clue about "all rap". If you did, you'd be aware that "all rap" isn't the same.

I'm not about to waste my time giving you examples though, of which there are many, because you wouldn't even bother listening to them.

If you're going to make some kind of grandstanding, attention seeking post like that, at least educate yourself a bit on the subject matter ..
  • Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The two boys are not that talented with attitude issues as well, the adults who control the industry will soon decide they don't want to work with them. Cocky, precocious brats with mediocre talent become unemployable very fast.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The two boys are not that talented with attitude issues as well, the adults who control the industry will soon decide they don't want to work with them. Cocky, precocious brats with mediocre talent become unemployable very fast.

They are children. :(
    Forum Member

In the meantime they will probably make a fortune and laugh at all their critics who are probably sitting listening to James Last or Cliff Richard.
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So they have been coached by Simon - according to the little one on This Morning. Wonder if any of the others have had that privilege?
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would agree if you only mentioned the little one with the "cute" face. The older one doesn't come across as cocky at all