Have you ever gone a day without looking at or using your mobile?

Badabing1966Badabing1966 Posts: 874
Forum Member
✭✭
And I don't mean you left it at home by mistake, that last time I went without using my phone was New Years day believe it or not. I was hung over when I woke up late in the morning, it never occurred to me to even think of looking for it, or wanting to check it. The next day when I found it, had the usual 20 or so Happy New year text messages which I had to reply back to apologising for my lateness in getting back to everyone.

You know what I never once missed my phone that day!:D

Comments

• sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    Almost every day! I'm the world's worst at checking mine - it sits at the bottom of my bag on silent and it's usually when someone I see says 'didn't you get my text?' or something that I remember it's there...

Luckily my friends all know I'm rubbish, so they don't get offended. :D

I really only got it in case of emergencies!
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only use my phone for accessing the internet. I don't really text much and the only person who phones me is my mum usually :(:D.
    If I had a tablet or laptop I'd probably hardly use my phone. In fact I dropped my phone on the road yesterday without realising, when I went to look for it it was smashed in a million pieces :cry: The thing that bothers me the most is the games on it and the photos of my daughter.
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No! I'm always on it :)
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    all the time, I am terrible it gets left on silent most of the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can go weeks without looking at my mobile. It's normally switched off.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In private on my own, I am always on Twitter reading news articles on my phone.

In public or in the company of others I never look at my phone.
  • venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frequently, mainly at weekends. I just leave it in the kitchen and forget it exists.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take it on holiday, but only use the wifi bit to use the internet. Even then, £30 on my phone will last me about 6 months or more. I prefer to use my free landline!
  • Badabing1966Badabing1966 Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I need my phone for work in the week, but strangely at the weekends when it's my own time, I hardly ever use it, in fact I don't like being on it at all. I find it a nuisance thing.>:(
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use it most days for work and personal use, sometimes I will leave it in the car on purpose so I can not be disturbed.
  • indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A day? I go bloody weeks, and then when I look at it the battery is dead.
  • Duffman2000Duffman2000 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only very rarely.......
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    I use it all the time because without it I wouldn't be getting paid as I rely on it. Also, use it for texting my mates and checking the internet.

When I go on holiday I leave it behind just so I don't get messages from work:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At home I use it as my alarm clock, so that way I do look at it everyday, unless I want a lie in.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i lost it somewhere under my bed in june and havn`t bothered looking for it.
  • ArtymagsArtymags Posts: 18,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I go several days without looking at it.
    In fact most times I can;t remember where I left it and and have to hunt around to find the thing, and then of course the battery has always gone flat.
    I hardly ever use it and I NEVER ever send - or receive - texts.
  • ArtymagsArtymags Posts: 18,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A day? I go bloody weeks, and then when I look at it the battery is dead.

Yep ! Me too. :D
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, mine is my clock and alarm clock and I am forever checking it.

I am WhatsApp (a few different group chats) and I use it to check my buses.

Also keep it with me virtually all the time at work - barring loo breaks - in-case my childcare need to get hold of me. I do have it on silent though [sits next to me on my desk so I can see if anyone calls]
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I often leave my phone at home
  • DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use it for work these days as I'm freelance, but I'm still more likely to email or text. I'm still not good at the whole using it to make or take phone calls thing. I've cut calls off by accident. So I'm no expert but I need the thing more than I did. I seldom need it at weekends unless for a bit of music while travelling.
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only when I've been really sick. Last time I had a throat infection it wasn't switched on for a week.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    I know it's going against the whole thread zeitgeist which seems to be along the lines of 'Mobile telephone, you say? What's one of those then?' but actually, I do use mine pretty much every day.

Before getting a smartphone, use of my old mobile was infrequent but the massive increase in functionality of a smartphone, together with a decent sized screen, yet still pocket-sized, makes it hugely more useful.

My phone is now my primary access method for reading emails and composing short ones (a desktop is still far easier for writing anything even vaguely complex). Also it's my main means of banking, keeping track of (non-work) appointments, birthdays and other reminders. I keep track of my passwords on it, use the timer when cooking, check the weather forecast and BBC news, use Trip Advisor, AA Pub Guide and Flixster when deciding where to go out, Google maps on how to get there; the calculator has removed the need for me to carry a separate unit etc etc. Sometimes I even make telephone calls with it. :o

Of course, none of this is indispensable and there are other ways of doing all the above but having all that functionality in a pocket-sized device is much more convenient. Some of the Luddite pride on here is a bit perplexing, really. :p
  • woofwoof77woofwoof77 Posts: 2,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyday I go without using it.

It sits in my bag switched off (its a cheapy £10 one) I only got it for emergencies.

Don't want to sound horrible , but I don't like people bothering me on it
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it's going against the whole thread zeitgeist which seems to be along the lines of 'Mobile telephone, you say? What's one of those then?' but actually, I do use mine pretty much every day.

LOL, too true. I'm a lot less addicted than some, but I still don't see the appeal of showing off about not using them. It's like those people who claim they 'don't watch tv', or at least 'don't watch ITV'. The latter group still in denial about the other channels! :p

I know a few people who use the 'only for emergencies' excuse for never checking theirs, or for not keeping it charged, but I'm not sure what emergencies they have in mind. :confused:

I often put mine on silent, and when I'm at home, I'll never keep my phone in my bedroom, because I like the break, but I'll check it often enough that I don't need to ignore people. If I don't want to reply or answer the phone, I don't.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Nope! I use it every day. I use it for games, the 'net and taking photos and sometimes I even make calls on it :D I couldn't live without it.