EastEnders - what was your reaction when Stacey was unveiled as Archie's murderer?

jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
Forum Member
I remembered watching the live episode in 2010 and it was revealed that Stacey killed Archie, I was shocked (not in a good way). I hated that Stacey was a murderer and I felt she was ruined.

But when DTC brought Stacey back to the show, the producers finally came to their senses and repaired Stacey. Good to have her back in EastEnders where she belongs :D

What was your initial response when you found out Stacey killed Archie?

Comments

• dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At first I was like 'OMG THAT IS SO GOOD I NEVER EXPECTED THAT THIS IS GREAT', quickly I realised it was probably the worst decision they could make.

It should have been Peggy.
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It did seem like an odd move, I know Stacey was a major character but the rape thing seemed a bit contrived to make it beleiveable Stacey would kill.

I was hoping Ronnie would be the killer tbh.

Wish they had kept their decision at Peggy
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was glad. I put a tenner on Stacey being the killer at 8/1 (and a fiver on Roxy). Nice little bit of pocket money for me there!
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    I didn't like it simply because it felt forced and the main reason for that was us not seeing the rape at the time and the fact that they didn't even tell Turner it had happened until they started filming the xmas episodes meant she hdn't been able to show her reaction at the time. Since something we'd never seen was her motive it felt like a cheat. I also didn't like the reveal that Archie had raped Ronnie as again, why had it never comme up in any of their arguments or when she was trying to convince Peggy and Roxy how dreadful he was.

Also, yes Archie was evil but his 'oower' had always seemed to be mental and emotional manipulation - he never seemed like a sexual predator or physically violent man but then I suppose it isn't always obvious. It did just seem like they came up with it once they'd decided to kill him off so we'd be sympathetic towards his murderer.
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    "Damn, Ive lost £2"
    I thought it was Ronnie and put a bet on.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    Just to add, I dislked Stacey escaping rather than facing prison at the time even less and i'm not happy that they are using the bi polar as a way of getting her off the hook as it was so clearly etsblished that she was on her meds and it was under control and she was in her 'right' mind. It sends out a dreadful message about mental health issues - somebody with bi polar can killl somebody even when not in an episode and get away with?
  • Scorpio87Scorpio87 Posts: 1,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a bit annoyed to be honest. Not because i thought it was out of character for Stacey (lets face it she is a complete psycho) or bothered it might ruin her character as i didn't like her anyway (still don't) but i just felt it was a brilliant opportunity to give someone else (preferably Jack) that big 'omg' moment and take the character in a new direction. Instead it felt like another 'what huge storyline can we give to Lacey Turner' and having never really acknowledged her motive until near his actual death/after his death it just felt a bit contrived. Plus the scene where she confesses in the live episode just seemed out of place, Bradley had just fallen to his death but Max seemed more bothered that Stacey was looking a bit sad rather than his son dying infront of him. It felt like it was just randomly tagged on the end. Good storyline though but still wish Jack had done to protect Ronnie.
  • johnny_dolejohnny_dole Posts: 2,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    " that was f******** stupid"
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    I was DELIGHTED that she was the killer.

Now? It was a horrible decision.

I'd love it if they could somehow work it in that Ronnie actually finished Archie off.
  • johnny_dolejohnny_dole Posts: 2,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrJames wrote: »
    I was DELIGHTED that she was the killer.

Now? It was a horrible decision.

I'd love it if they could somehow work it in that Ronnie actually finished Archie off.

that would have been good and it fits the character
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was massively disappointed. I remember being (sadly) excited to find out who it was that day, but I was just really hoping it wouldn't be Stacey. At the start of the episode, I had a funny feeling it would be her, but somewhere in the middle for some reason I began to doubt it, so when it actually happened I wasn't amused.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Freddie Roscoe's default expression.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was very shocked, I was only 10, I think, so I didn't really look into it that much, but it was a brilliant storyline, I'm sure I changed my mind a few times on who it was, but I didn't expect it to be stacey, that was a very good outcome! I am glad dtc has made stacey more mature again, however I would like to see gobby stacey aswell, stacey that doesn't let anyone cross her, and can go off the rail sometimes, the stacey who sticks up for herself like in tonight's episode with Whitney, I hope she brings out the stacey we fell in love with! I understand she has to be more mature now, especially for Lily's sake, but it would be so boring if she was constantly mature, and she'd be more limited on storylines! I also hope she gets some bloody good storylines aswell! The last thing we need is a 2012/2013 sharon-_- but it's stacey slater so that would probably never happen lol:D
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    "Oh great, Stacey's centre of attention yet again." I hoped it'd be Ronnie or Peggy.
  • BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IanMandy wrote: »
    It did seem like an odd move, I know Stacey was a major character but the rape thing seemed a bit contrived to make it beleiveable Stacey would kill.

I was hoping Ronnie would be the killer tbh.

Wish they had kept their decision at Peggy

Yeah that kinda ruined it for me.

Archie was a bad enough villain as it is, without throwing that into the mix.
  • ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt really shocked and was sort of happy that EE could still shock me.

Years later I feel it was a bad decision since it left it very awkward for Stacey to be on the square. The plot to get her back was pretty mindless to be honest, the appeal proceedings were unnaturally quick. It's just one of the many things you have to overlook when watching soaps I suppose, they don't always reflect real life which is understandable I suppose.

It has also kind of ruined the character. I mean, she murdered someone and effectively got away with it. That will always probably be in the back of my mind when I watch Stacey.

I also kinda feel like it wasn't the logical progression of the "Who Killed Archie" story. I dunno, it seemed like she was only the murderer because no one expected it.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    I didn't like it simply because it felt forced and the main reason for that was us not seeing the rape at the time and the fact that they didn't even tell Turner it had happened until they started filming the xmas episodes meant she hdn't been able to show her reaction at the time. Since something we'd never seen was her motive it felt like a cheat. I also didn't like the reveal that Archie had raped Ronnie as again, why had it never comme up in any of their arguments or when she was trying to convince Peggy and Roxy how dreadful he was.

Also, yes Archie was evil but his 'oower' had always seemed to be mental and emotional manipulation - he never seemed like a sexual predator or physically violent man but then I suppose it isn't always obvious. It did just seem like they came up with it once they'd decided to kill him off so we'd be sympathetic towards his murderer.

Same here. No matter what they do I think they're on a course to repeat history with the Lucy storyline since we know very little about the circumstances surrounding her death. If it's not one of the main suspects and ends up being a random character it might go down like a lead balloon. Ronnie should have killed Archie. It made sense.