PA to put Junior on Stage on his Tour

Comments

• Nuts In MayNuts In May Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know. I suppose it depends on current viewing figures. I thought both him and KP were still doing well??

Maybe so with all these new contracts being signed by both of them, but as the kids featured in both their programmes, what will fill that hour if they aren't there?

More record/perfume promotion from Pete and .....er, that's it.
    Same goes for Katie, but for records/perfume promotion read botox/dentist/book signings.
  • summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    darling wrote: »
    Nobody would go to Pete's concert because they think he's a good or bad father! They're obviously going because they think it will entertain them. And as for Junior making a brief apearance, he said himself after seeing previous shows that he was really unhappy he wasn't allowed to go on stage with his Dad. It's obviously planned as a treat for him. :)

All this ballhooks about "using" the children is just that imo. I doubt anyone alive would stop watching Pete's show if the children didn't appear, but I see no reason why they shouldn't appear, and clearly nor does he. Sarah Beeney's children were on throughout her show earlier this week but I saw no criticism whatsoever of that on the forums. It seems to be just Jordan and Pete's children some people have a problem with.

FGS!!! There is no comparison between SB and PA!!! PAs kids ARE is career, this is absolutely disgusting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FGS!!! There is no comparison between SB and PA!!! PAs kids ARE is career, this is absolutely disgusting.

I don't suppose Sarah Beeny was getting her kids to play up to the camera and showing them off either. You're dead right, PA's kids are his career, and without them he has damn all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LisaB599 wrote: »
    I think its not an isolated incident thats the problem, petes kids are in the papers and magazines and books and tv shows all day every day by either their mother or their father

thats a little different to the spice girls bringing their kids on stage 2 nights out of their whole lives?

EXACTLY Lisa, but that makes way to much sense for this forum where St P is concerned.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe so with all these new contracts being signed by both of them, but as the kids featured in both their programmes, what will fill that hour if they aren't there?

Same goes for Katie, but for records/perfume promotion read botox/dentist/book signings.

:D If that's what people are interested in seeing. I thought both of them are still pulling in about a million viewers?? If so, that's pretty good for the smaller channels.

There'll be Pete's tour for fans to look forward to, award ceremonies, TV programmes, Claire/Dopey Diana going on, some things to do with the kids, and not forgetting Mr & Mr Gary Cuprinol fussing around KP!!

I've got to admit that one bit in KP's last series (where they were doing some psychic experiments), I found it perversely enjoyable!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't suppose Sarah Beeny was getting her kids to play up to the camera and showing them off either. You're dead right, PA's kids are his career, and without them he has damn all.

He has TV presenting which is his forte IMO. He seems quite realistic when he says he'll probably end up doing that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D If that's what people are interested in seeing. I thought both of them are still pulling in about a million viewers?? If so, that's pretty good for the smaller channels.

There'll be Pete's tour for fans to look forward to, award ceremonies, TV programmes, Claire/Dopey Diana going on, some things to do with the kids, and not forgetting Mr & Mr Gary Cuprinol fussing around KP!!

I've got to admit that one bit in KP's last series (where they were doing some psychic experiments), I found it perversely enjoyable!

People might be interested in seeing them, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing. Using them is still not right, that goes for both of them and the thought of taking a child on tour, if that's what he's thinking of doing, is doubly wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People might be interested in seeing them, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing. Using them is still not right, that goes for both of them and the thought of taking a child on tour, if that's what he's thinking of doing, is doubly wrong.

I thought we were discussing what else they could use in their shows besides the kids? There's still plenty of stuff for both of them. And they both still seem to have pretty big followings.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has TV presenting which is his forte IMO. He seems quite realistic when he says he'll probably end up doing that.

All these programmes which have been mooted that he was going to present seem to have come to nothing though.

This Morning - only showbiz correspondent and that doesn't seem to have gone on for long.
    Five O'Clock Show - disaster for all concerned.

He might well be personable and pleasant, but TV companies don't seem to be clamouring for him in the long term.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about radio!!!!
  • darlingdarling Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member

They are both pulling in about a million viewers, according to BARB, and he's regularly topped the multichannels on Wednesday nights.

What this basically comes down to is people who don't like Pete as a reality star or singer stating as fact that he has no career without his children - which is laughable honestlly. I doubt that there's one person who watches Pete's (or even Jordan's) show for the children, but if people really want to believe that then there's no possibility of convincing them otherwise.

Some seem to actually believe that people have bought tickets for Pete's tour just to see the children! :eek::D

Others seem to believe that because they don't like seeing the children then it automatically follows that they shouldn't be shown or will be horribly harmed by being shown - despite the fact that there's not a scrap of evidence to support their fears. Pete and many others don't seem to agree with them, and neither do I. He seems to be proud of his children and like to have them with him and involved in what he does. Good for him, I say.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought we were discussing what else they could use in their shows besides the kids? There's still plenty of stuff for both of them. And they both still seem to have pretty big followings.

And I posted...

How long will Petes' music career go on for though?
    I wouldn't say shows on ITV2 or Living would raise a particularly 'big' following for either of them.
  • darlingdarling Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    And I posted...

I wouldn't say shows on ITV2 or Living would raise a particularly 'big' following for either of them.

What do you care?!

I don't think he has any intention of giving up on his music career - and nor should he. As long as he's turning out good records (he is) and enjoying it that's more than enough. He's far more successful than the vast majority of those in the music industry, and has been for a very long time - with and without children - so I doubt that he plans to leave it any time soon. Those who want to avoid him - again, with or without the children - can do so easily enough - just as I avoid the vast majority of music acts that I don't like, and without bothering to speculate on their futures. Why would I care?!
  • LisaB599LisaB599 Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EXACTLY Lisa, but that makes way to much sense for this forum where St P is concerned.

I really dont like his music its too cheesy for me but if he just kept his kids out the limelight i'd have a lot more praise for him i think the ex is an awful woman but at least she is saying she will keep the kids out of it, if she does that would be great im hoping she sticks to her word but kp actually doing something she says she will and not finding an excuse or way out of further down the line is like expecting peter to stop comparing himself to MJ and then saying "im not comparing myself to mj"
    :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I pretty much agree Lisa, but i like her, i like her in full knowledge of her failings BUT she seems aware of them and IMO dosent really claim to be anything else, HE on the other hand IMO is completely false, every bit as bad as her but claims some moral high ground!!! i really cannot bare the guy, cant bare to watch/listen to him, LOL so thats where i am with them!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Those poor poor kids - I wonder if any bookies are taking bets on what age they'll end up in rehab/ jail!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I pretty much agree Lisa, but i like her, i like her in full knowledge of her failings BUT she seems aware of them and IMO dosent really claim to be anything else, HE on the other hand IMO is completely false, every bit as bad as her but claims some moral high ground!!! i really cannot bare the guy, cant bare to watch/listen to him, LOL so thats where i am with them!!

the quieter she is, the more i like her ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you care?!

I don't think he has any intention of giving up on his music career - and nor should he. As long as he's turning out good records (he is) and enjoying it that's more than enough. He's far more successful than the vast majority of those in the music industry, and has been for a very long time - with and without children - so I doubt that he plans to leave it any time soon. Those who want to avoid him - again, with or without the children - can do so easily enough - just as I avoid the vast majority of music acts that I don't like, and without bothering to speculate on their futures. Why would I care?!

Pardon? I think your first sentence is just a bit off TBH.

I might ask why do you stick up for him - because you like him I suppose. Just allow other people to have an opposing opinion please. Just because I don't like him doesn't exempt me from the debate.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is the sort of thing that annoys me, be it peter or anyone doing it regarding his son juniors appearences at his concerts
    "I don't want to give it away, but if you're coming to one of my gigs, you are in for a real treat!"

if thats not using your kids to sell tickets i dont know what is :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And I posted...

But then you started talking about the kids again, when we were talking about the shows being WITHOUT the kids and what both KP and PA would have to focus on and there would be plenty.

darling's previous post says that they're both regularly pulling in one million viewers. That's plenty enough to keep them going for a while.

As for Pete's music career, due to the lack of success of the latest album, I can't see it going on for much longer, unless he just wants to do the odd tour. He can do lots of other stuff. His music career's had a brief revival and I'm sure he's made money out of it and enjoyed himself. He seems popular in general, so he can move on from the music.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are both pulling in about a million viewers, according to BARB, and he's regularly topped the multichannels on Wednesday nights.

What this basically comes down to is people who don't like Pete as a reality star or singer stating as fact that he has no career without his children - which is laughable honestlly. I doubt that there's one person who watches Pete's (or even Jordan's) show for the children, but if people really want to believe that then there's no possibility of convincing them otherwise.

Some seem to actually believe that people have bought tickets for Pete's tour just to see the children! :eek::D

Others seem to believe that because they don't like seeing the children then it automatically follows that they shouldn't be shown or will be horribly harmed by being shown - despite the fact that there's not a scrap of evidence to support their fears. Pete and many others don't seem to agree with them, and neither do I. He seems to be proud of his children and like to have them with him and involved in what he does. Good for him, I say.

Serious?? That's hilarious!! :p

So his reality TV show's still going well, as is hers. I haven't watched either of them regularly (and I regret it where Pete's concerned) but I enjoy watching them both at times.
  • BReal2BReal2 Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why can no topic ever stick to just Peter? Whenever he's mentioned people drag Katie's name into it to prove he's not the only publicity hungry one. It happens on threads about Katie too but you get jumped on quicker if you insult PA in a KP thread then if you insult KP in a PA thread
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BReal2 wrote: »
    Why can no topic ever stick to just Peter? Whenever he's mentioned people drag Katie's name into it to prove he's not the only publicity hungry one. It happens on threads about Katie too but you get jumped on quicker if you insult PA in a KP thread then if you insult KP in a PA thread

You must've been in other threads too and see they veer a bit OT as well and/or mention other people. I think if it's relevant to a point someone's trying to make, it's OK.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For myself and IMO if anyone is concerned about the use of children on stage or child protection rights then why on earth don't you call social services and make your complaint there and see how that goes and let us know. We can all presume how they are going to turn out but it hasn't happened as ever:)
  • MuttsnuttsMuttsnutts Posts: 3,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ThaGazBoi wrote: »
    The thing im most shocked about is Peter seems to have sold out the 02 Arena- didn't he single and album both flop hard?

Just goes to show you can't believe the charts any more;)
    Arena's don't lie.