Whats next for x-men?

JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ok so I have seen the 3 x men films and I have just watched the origins prequel one.
Not seen the wolverine one though, how does that one relate to the other films ?

Does anyone know what film is coming next, is it one set it present day, or a continuation of the prequel ?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The next film is called Second Class. It will be released in 3-5 days.
  • Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dmuk wrote: »
    The next film is called Second Class. It will be released in 3-5 days.

:) loved it!!

We have 2 xmen films on the way, The Wolverine a sequel to Wolverine, will be set after xmen3.
    And a new film being made now, Xmen: Days of the future
    Past - and will feature both casts of the older xmen films and the younger xmen First Class, and involve time travel or something.
    Wolverine from 2008 is alright. It's about his past and how he got all that metal in him. Features the flashbacks from Xmen2 !!
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Far too many characters coming back for Days of Future Past.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are the cast members from the orginal trilogy main characters in the new X-Men movie or are they just doing cameos? It's hard to imagine there would be enough time to fit everyone in and give them something worthwhile to do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't Star Trek do something like this?
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love First Class, but I wish they'd made it either a prequel or a reboot, instead of a mish-mash of the two.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    2 x men movies on the way?so excited. dont know if days of future past is a prequel or sequel might have to wait till i watch it too get it. cant wait
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    I love First Class, but I wish they'd made it either a prequel or a reboot, instead of a mish-mash of the two.

i thought it was a prequel? i might have to watch it again
  • BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »

Er........First Class is a prequel, there's no mish-mash going on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluray wrote: »
    Er........First Class is a prequel, there's no mish-mash going on.

some of the established continuity is thrown aside in favour of plot points in First Class - particularly Magneto and Xander having their fall out at the end of the movie and Xander becoming paralised also - doesn't match what we saw at the beginning of Xmen3 in the flashback sequence, for instance. And I can even think of Cerebro being mentioned in Xmen1 as being built by Xander and Magneto when they where pals - but in First Class - The Beast built it - well, a prototype version. Just to name a few points. Minor points as they are, they don't let the movies match up. There are loads of others as well.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly. It contradicts the previously established continuity in many ways.

Xavier / Magneto, Hank (Beast), Cerebro, Moira...

Some have classed it as a prequel, others a reboot.

I think it's a reboot, but one that happens to be set before the previous films so also acts as a prequel.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    DOFP should recast Emma Frost

January Jones was the pits. She thought she was still playing Betty Draper.
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    some of the established continuity is thrown aside in favour of plot points in First Class - particularly Magneto and Xander having their fall out at the end of the movie and Xander becoming paralised also - doesn't match what we saw at the beginning of Xmen3 in the flashback sequence, for instance. And I can even think of Cerebro being mentioned in Xmen1 as being built by Xander and Magneto when they where pals - but in First Class - The Beast built it - well, a prototype version. Just to name a few points. Minor points as they are, they don't let the movies match up. There are loads of others as well.

xander??? he was in buffy the vamire slayer. its xavier.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mialicious wrote: »
    xander??? he was in buffy the vamire slayer. its xavier.

haha!c so he is. my bad :)
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Far too many characters coming back for Days of Future Past.

no way, im super excited for it.
  • caz06caz06 Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well it doesnt have to be set in the same universe as the origional trilogy, you could have the actors playing the older/younger characts exactly the same, but in a different timeline where things were done differently x
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    caz06 wrote: »
    well it doesnt have to be set in the same universe as the origional trilogy, you could have the actors playing the older/younger characts exactly the same, but in a different timeline where things were done differently x

And hopefully in that timeline or whatever they decide to do Rogue can actually fly.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that Rogue and Shadowcat from the previous movies are making an appearance, I'm even more excited.

My hope is that Gambit will be in one of the new movies some day. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    caz06 wrote: »

Actually Bryan Singer has said he's treating all previous X-Men films as part of the same continuity
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fan boys can always work around continuity errors
    Okay- so we see Xavier shot and in a wheel chair at the end, but that doesn't mean he is permanently paralysed...
    And we see Eric and Charles split ways at the end of First Class - maybe they become buddies again later down the line before having another major disagreement later on???!!! With theories like that - First Class and the earlier trilogy can interweave better.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Much as I enjoyed First Class, I was really annoyed by the direction they took it in the final 20-30 minutes, totally threw away what would have been a cool concept to carry across a trilogy.

Consequently, I'm a little wary of the next film, though go in hoping the best of course....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    Much as I enjoyed First Class, I was really annoyed by the direction they took it in the final 20-30 minutes, totally threw away what would have been a cool concept to carry across a trilogy.

Consequently, I'm a little wary of the next film, though go in hoping the best of course....

I'm confused by the "direction" you refer to. It had your standard action climax - I don't recall a change in direction.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluray wrote: »
    I'm confused by the "direction" you refer to. It had your standard action climax - I don't recall a change in direction.

I mean in terms of the direction the plot took - i.e by the end of the film we all of a sudden have charles in a wheelchair and him and erik adversaries. It felt far to rushed and would have been far more interesting if the fragmentation of their friendship was something that had been played out over three films. Instead by the end of film one, besides them being young men, they are in pretty much the same place they are when we met them in the first x men film.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    I mean in terms of the direction the plot took - i.e by the end of the film we all of a sudden have charles in a wheelchair and him and erik adversaries. It felt far to rushed and would have been far more interesting if the fragmentation of their friendship was something that had been played out over three films. Instead by the end of film one, besides them being young men, they are in pretty much the same place they are when we met them in the first x men film.

Hmmmm I hadn't thought of it like that, can see your point.....but it's still a great film ;)