Mark and dave in the DO. Dave gone.
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Snap KA :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KA, Pashulty lol
    Sad that they had to go up against each other.
  • music girlmusic girl Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be confusion on spoiler thread - they have changed the details!!:o
    Forum Member
    Spoiler was wrong initially I have corrected :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EEK! I just saw Musicgirl!

Corrected mine as well. :p
  • Mrs McKovalevMrs McKovalev Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Pashulty wrote: »
    Spoiler in
    Dave out after DO with Mark

Just to check as tad confused... This is correct spoiler??
  • music girlmusic girl Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much better result! Phew!;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Mrs McK
    Forum Member
    I don't mind Brucie but Tess and Claudia are legends together... :D:D

http://strictlycomeshenanigans.com/post/66514410949/tess-and-claudia-strictly-fabulous
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww I love Claudia :D and this dynamic duo :).
    If and when Bruce retires, the BBC shouldn't look any further. These 2 women are doing an amazing job imo :)
  • anothermianothermi Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry if this is a stupid question :o, but I don't understand the "by"-if-you're-too-sick-to-perform rule. :confused:

It appeared to me that Natalie got a free pass to Blackpool for being sick (assuming she is only temporarily out of commission, which I hope is true). This isn't such a problem for me in this case because Natalie is a beautiful dancer and would probably have made it to the next show on her own steam BUT ...

With a rule like that it would be possible for, say, Dave :eek: (who I still love as a person if not as a dancer) to get a pass to the next week because he got a bad case of food poisoning from eating haggis (as a hypothetical example :p) and another dancer getting booted off the show - possible one of two reasonably good contestants (given last week's bottom 2). That would NOT seem appropriate, at least in my humble opinion.:mad::(

In a similar case on Dancing With The Stars (US) there has been a ruling that the contestant unable to dance during the show will be judged by the most recent rehearsal dance. In the particular case that I am aware of, the contestant was judged for a run through that wasn't full out, nor in costume. However, it did allow the public to see what the dance could have been and throw support their way... or not.

I just find the free pass system could cause a big ruckus if a good dancer were booted due to a bad dancer not having to compete :eek::(:eek::((as opposed to being kept in by the GBP vote).

Any thoughts on this system? Am I the only one who finds it a bit unfair?
    Forum Member
    I think the bye rules have been there since the start, other contestants have used it as necessary...one week bye... and if you are unable to return for the next show, you are out....and you are allowed only one bye in the whole series.... I think the rules are same in the X Factor too....I see your point of thinking it unfair anothermi, but in a way its fairer because judging an unfinished product ie a dress run puts the person at a disadvantage.....specially as they are in the end judged by a combination of the judge's votes and public votes....Well the rules are as they are.... I have no strong views about it.... At the end of the day there are a lot of uneven playing fields in reality TV...So in the greater scheme of things it probably doesn't matter much.... But that's just my personal opinion...:)
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone on the MF came up with a good idea. Have no elimination on the week someone is sick/injured but then next week, when they're back (with luck), eliminate two. Everyone would have time to prepare knowing those conditions, and anothermi's scenario where a better dancer goes out while a worse dancer is gifted a place couldn't happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think I need a jug of coffee to settle down. My mind is buzzing with rewatching Patrick and Anya... Loved their dance and their delight. In the Keeeeeeep Daaaaancing bit at the end, Anya just stops and hugs him. Cheered my very soppy heart
    Forum Member
    It actually was a really good show.... the only three I didn't like were Fiona, Mark and Dave... :( .... Ben was flat footed, just about ok but I love his little face lighting up... and his motto...'I cant control the uncontrollable'... bless that's his Tesspit speech... :)
    The rest were really good... My tops Patrick, Susanna , Ashley and Abbey in that order... :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It actually was a really good show.... the only three I didn't like were Fiona, Mark and Dave... :( .... Ben was flat footed, just about ok but I love his little face lighting up... and his motto...'I cant control the uncontrollable'... bless that's his Tesspit speech... :)
    The rest were really good... My tops Patrick, Susanna , Ashley and Abbey in that order... :)

It was a really good show. I think your top four is my top four too. Though I did feel Sophie's air of sophistication added a frisson to her AT that made it a really interesting routine. Maybe I'll have a top five. Ben's jive too: when I watch it back, it's a great challenge for a man at least seven-feet-tall and with that great frame to get those feet moving. He improves with watching again.

My cheek muscles though are aching with Patrick and Anya playing on the steps. It was just full of a naturalness and charm and glamour all at the same time. :):):)

Confession: I am a diehard Pasha fan and have never watched a series of SCD without earnestly wanting him and his partners to win. I'm really enjoying watching now in a freer way -- lovely still to see his face, and I hope he's featured in the Pro Dances -- but I didn't realise how much fun it would be to watch in a non-partisan way
  • Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    My cheek muscles though are aching with Patrick and Anya playing on the steps. It was just full of a naturalness and charm and glamour all at the same time. :):):)

Confession: I am a diehard Pasha fan and have never watched a series of SCD without earnestly wanting him and his partners to win. I'm really enjoying watching now in a freer way -- lovely still to see his face, and I hope he's featured in the Pro Dances -- but I didn't realise how much fun it would be to watch in a non-partisan way

I was watching in a detached manner and feeling free to just enjoy stuff, not fret with apprehension over how my favourite would do and how much better might others be.
    Trouble was,I was not feeling much of anything and the whole thing could have seemed pointless till Team Patanya gave us some Hollwood style (that bit on the steps was kinda Fred n' Ginge) and left me with a :)
  • ruby-tuesdayruby-tuesday Posts: 8,470
    Forum Member
    I was watching in a detached manner and feeling free to just enjoy stuff, not fret with apprehension over how my favourite would do and how much better might others be.
    Trouble was,I was not feeling much of anything and the whole thing could have seemed pointless till Team Patanya gave us some Hollwood style (that bit on the steps was kinda Fred n' Ginge) and left me with a :)

yes, it's good to watch in a detached manner as I have no favourites this year, although I have to admit that, when Matthew was in the show, I wanted him to win whoever he was dancing with ..... what a great year Series 5 was :)

I also agree with Pashulty and Monkey about my top four favourite dancers on Saturday .... Patrick, Susanna (lovely dress), Ashley and Abbey, who looked good in her dark wig .... also nice to see Louis make an appearance and I loved his Charleston

I really missed Natalie and Artem though and their jive looked great, hopefully she'll be back to dance next week

and, Amy, thanks for your most recent blog :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that's the third emotional week for me to see Dave and Mark in the DO together.:cry: How sweet were Karen and Kevin at the end though.
    Forum Member
    I am probably a bit heartless cause the DO today did nothing for me..however I thought the interaction between Karen and Kevin at the end was very sweet!!!
    Loved the opening pro routine and Aljaz & Janette's dance....and both the singing acts..... it must be great to have a tiny partner for a tall male pro... She kept slipping in and out of hold so effortlessly... Overall a lovely show.... :)

http://strictlycomeshenanigans.com/post/66603773346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01lc1t8
    Goodbye Dave video

Mark :(:cry: I believe he's a sensitive guy and he's really taking the judges' comments to heart. What Len said was cruel and unnecessary.
    I personally thought Mark improved in the DO. They ended on time whereas yesterday it was late. I felt he was trying to move his hips/body more too. But after reading the comments in the MF that say he did worse...:confused::o
  • Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the opening pro routine and Aljaz & Janette's dance....

Music and costume out of Chelsee's QS.

Ali 'n Jan get a thumbs-up from me also.