Options

in the winners who do you think was the best dancer?

JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
Forum Member
for me it would have to be Either Natasha& Brendan or Kara& Artem

Comments

• Options
    Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    for me it would have to be Either Natasha& Brendan or Kara& Artem

I agree on Kara and Artem, I think they were the best winners. I supported Natasha at the time but I don't think she would hold up against many of the subsequent winners. It's a difficult comparison to make though, as (if I remember rightly) they only did a few hours of training in the first series and didn't take it anywhere near as seriously as they do now. If she took part these days, with all the extra training hours, she would probably be better than winners like Abbey and Caroline at least.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ellie1967 wrote: »
    I agree on Kara and Artem, I think they were the best winners. I supported Natasha at the time but I don't think she would hold up against many of the subsequent winners. It's a difficult comparison to make though, as (if I remember rightly) they only did a few hours of training in the first series and didn't take it anywhere near as seriously as they do now. If she took part these days, with all the extra training hours, she would probably be better than winners like Abbey and Caroline at least.

yeah they didn't train as much as they do now in the earlier series
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Kara was clearly the best dancer in terms of natural ability and quality of movement.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    I thought Alesha was pretty good..... For someone who hadn't had much theatrical/ dancing training beforehand
  • Options
    James_LavertyJames_Laverty Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Either Kara or Jill. Should be including Rachel Stevens in this but she was robbed.
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Male: Jay
    Female: Between 3 Kara, Alesha and Jill
  • Options
    AnoAno Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the male it has to be Jay without a shadow of a doubt and for the female has to be Kara because she's the only female celebrity who did some lovely routines... But if your asking for an overall winner well it's inevitable isn't it?? 😉
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Good question. Female Jill or Kara.

Male Harry or Jay.
  • Options
    MaggieMcGeeMaggieMcGee Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alesha and Tom Chambers.
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say Jay definitely has the edge on any other man. Kara was my favourite woman.
  • Options
    HuphHuph Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member
    I would say Kara best female and Jay the best male.
  • Options
    NicPlaysNicPlays Posts: 12,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Female: Kara, Alesha or Abbey when she's doing ballroom

Male: Jay
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't put a male but I will Tom and Camilla female Natasha& Brendan or Kara& Artem for me
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Male: Harry
    Female: Kara
  • Options
    BionicBardBionicBard Posts: 7,264
    Forum Member
    Male - Jay
    Female - Kara

Best overall, Jay, without a shadow of a doubt.
  • Options
    kattkatt Posts: 10,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Male - Harry
    Female - Jill
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    male - Jay
    female - Kara
  • Options
    bobblabobbla Posts: 11,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Male - Jay
    Female - Alesha

I suppose technically it could also easily be Harry/Tom or Kara. For me though the best dancer is not just technically capable but also able to move me.

Overall favourite for a combination of both would be - Jay
  • Options
    Christopher DChristopher D Posts: 12,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best dancer for me is one who can dance both Ballroom and Latin to a high standard and is also a performer.

For the men only one champion could do all three Tom Chambers. Harry Judd is probably a better ballroom dancer but Tom would beat him in in the other two categories. Jay I think a case could be had for Latin but he is not as good as Tom at ballroom or as a performer.

Special mention to Mark Ramps who I personally prefer to those above.

For the women Jill is the best Latin dancer and Alesha the best performer but Kara Tointon all round as a package could do all three. So that's my pick.
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    The best dancer for me is one who can dance both Ballroom and Latin to a high standard and is also a performer.

For the men only one champion could do all three Tom Chambers. Harry Judd is probably a better ballroom dancer but Tom would beat him in in the other two categories. Jay I think a case could be had for Latin but he is not as good as Tom at ballroom or as a performer.

Special mention to Mark Ramps who I personally prefer to those above.

For the women Jill is the best Latin dancer and Alesha the best performer but Kara Tointon all round as a package could do all three. So that's my pick.

I agree - I didn't much enjoy watching him for some reason but looking back Tom was the best actual dancer in both disciplines. I think Louis is slightly underrated too - he and Harry both look decent dancers when they perform now. I don't rate Alesha in the same league as either Kara or Jill other than as a performer.
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    Male : I'd say Louis Smith or Tom Chambers. I'd also rate Harry higher than Jay.

Female : I loved watching Alesha and Kara. (Non winner I'd say Rachel Stevens)
  • Options
    Sarah777Sarah777 Posts: 5,060
    Forum Member
    Male: Harry
    Female: Natalie Gumede ( In my eyes she is a winner).
  • Options
    Mint-OpinionMint-Opinion Posts: 16,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Defo Natalie.
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member

Offcourse, the standard has risen over the years (no offence to the Jill fans). Not in the last part due to the flooding of ringers (and celebs taking secret dance lessons).

Apart from (some of) the Lilia years, I've always supported a female celeb (based on the opening show mainly; keepin in mind that I was absent for Kara's series).

Sadly, all of them (mainly finalists and not winners) did lack something. Mind you, between them I could certainly pick a favourite for each dance (one I rewatch sometimes).
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, Jill was also a ringer :D