Options

Xbox One Sells more than 1 Million Consoles to Consumers in 24 Hours

Comments

• Options
    RagnarokRagnarok Posts: 4,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »

To early to say if that means anything tbh.

lets wait for better numbers from each territory first, all round. 1 million day 1 for both could mean alot of things.
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lollage

No, really. I'm talking about capability, not a few isolated games that have been released too soon in order to make launch day.
    And by 'visible' I mean playing a game at normal viewing distance, not taking a screen-grab and zooming in to highlight a few pixels of anti-aliasing.
    To 99.9% of people there will be no visible difference.

Lollage.
  • Options
    PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    No, really. I'm talking about capability, not a few isolated games that have been released too soon in order to make launch day.
    And by 'visible' I mean playing a game at normal viewing distance, not taking a screen-grab and zooming in to highlight a few pixels of anti-aliasing.
    To 99.9% of people there will be no visible difference.

Lollage.

You better go spec saver.

You do realise the PS4 has a lot more power under the hood. it will allow for better looking games and I'm not talking about 720p vs 1080p (which you can notice quite easily).

More power, means more objects in the world, better resolution if required, higher frame rate if required.

Still wouldn't buy it as it's about as powerful as a mid range win8 laptop.
  • Options
    Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Anyone who's stating that there is no visible difference between the two consoles, or that there is no gap in capability between them is clearly talking out of their dung trumpet.
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan27 wrote: »
    Anyone who's stating that there is no visible difference between the two consoles, or that there is no gap in capability between them is clearly talking out of their dung trumpet.

Ryse and Forza look amazing to me, on par with PS4 games. Yes spec wise the two consoles don't match, but game wise it's harder to tell the difference.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Forza, indeed. Will probably be the exception to the rule though. Ryse looked ok when I played it, but you could see it wasnt native 1080p. (obviously this was during the lock-ins - builds would have been pre-optimisation).

Everything on PS4 I saw was native 1080p.

It will take some time for the Xbox One to produce the kind of visuals on their titles that the PS4 already has, but it will get there. But to say that there is no difference between visuals or capability now is just insanely incorrect.
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Digital Foundry have said that Ryse is the best looking game on either console.

We're at launch, there will be games that look better on the ps4 more in the future, but at the moment I'd have to agree with others and say that the graphics shown on both consoles are not a huge step like some were expecting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forza, indeed. Will probably be the exception to the rule though. Ryse looked ok when I played it, but you could see it wasnt native 1080p. (obviously this was during the lock-ins - builds would have been pre-optimisation).

It will take some time for the Xbox One to produce the kind of visuals on their titles that the PS4 already has, but it will get there. But to say that there is no difference between visuals or capability now is just insanely incorrect.

Ah yes, 1080p. Sony's saving grace whenever anything on the X1 looks good someone can just bring up "but it's not 1080p!" :p

Despite that, Ryse looks great and for anyone to say otherwise they're "talking out of their dung trumpet" :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lol. If DF said that about Ryse, I clearly need to see the final retail build, as it must have been completely rewritten from scratch at native 1080p. Forza was clearly ahead of it on Xbox alone.

To expect a leap forward this gen compared to the past is expecting too much - last time around we brought in the 360/PS3 at a time everyone was changing from SD to HD tv standards. To expect a similar jump would have warranted the introducing of 4k gaming - something that no current technology apart from £3000 PCs is capable of right now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4k gaming will be sweet, one day....one day :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lol. If DF said that about Ryse, I clearly need to see the final retail build, as it must have been completely rewritten from scratch at native 1080p. Forza was clearly ahead of it on Xbox alone.

To expect a leap forward this gen compared to the past is expecting too much - last time around we brought in the 360/PS3 at a time everyone was changing from SD to HD tv standards. To expect a similar jump would have warranted the introducing of 4k gaming - something that no current technology apart from £3000 PCs is capable of right now.

You seem to be under the illusion that higher Resolution = Better graphics.So that would make Call of Duty Ghosts for example a better looking game than Battlefield 4 on the PS4?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    4k gaming will be sweet, one day....one day :D

I saw a 4k display in a local Currys/PC World the other day.

It was niiiiice :)
    He4rt wrote: »
    You seem to be under the illusion that higher Resolution = Better graphics.So that would make Call of Duty Ghosts for example a better looking game than Battlefield 4 on the PS4?

How about you set your monitor to 800x600 for the rest of the day and let me know if you enjoy it? ;)

(to answer your question, I havent *seen* COD:G or BF4 in the flesh, with my eyes to be able to answer you. I have seen Ryse. It wasn't as good looking as Forza).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw a 4k display in a local Currys/PC World the other day.

It was niiiiice :)

Is there a huge jump compared to 1080p?
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So you admit the capability *is* there? If it can do it with Forza, it obviously is. Put your fan-boy hysterics to one side and grow up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, I wouldnt say massive. There is one thing that needs to be appreciated and that is the size of the screen. I was relatively up close to it and I know that from that distance 1080p would show some artifacts etc. 4k not so much. In fact hardly at all. It did look great.

It's going to be a "big screen" format for sure - I dont see any sub 46" 4K tvs coming though. If this is the case, I don't see many who would justify or have the ability to buy such large screens for their viewing. For our country, with smallish houses compared to the likes of 'Murica, it could stunt 4k ownership growth.

Go check one out - its well worth seeing if you're passing somewhere you think might have one up and running!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Andy2 wrote: »
    So you admit the capability *is* there? If it can do it with Forza, it obviously is. Put your fan-boy hysterics to one side and grow up.

It's documented that there is no equal capability in terms of computing between the two consoles. We've seen that cross gen games have noticeably different resolutions between titles. A patch to introduce native 1080p/60 for COD for Ghosts? Where is that on the Xbox One?

As I've said before, XB1 titles will eventually get to the technical level of what PS4 already seems to have but it will take time and familiarization. Anyone who doesn't think that this is the case right now with the titles that are available now are talking rubbish. Forza is the clear exception in terms of engine and native 1080p, but even then it has it's aliasing issues.

You might ask me to grow up, but until you start actually reading articles (and posting them for citation), perhaps it's not just me that's posting "fan-boy hysterics"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I wouldnt say massive. There is one thing that needs to be appreciated and that is the size of the screen. I was relatively up close to it and I know that from that distance 1080p would show some artifacts etc. 4k not so much. In fact hardly at all. It did look great.

It's going to be a "big screen" format for sure - I dont see any sub 46" 4K tvs coming though. If this is the case, I don't see many who would justify or have the ability to buy such large screens for their viewing. For our country, with smallish houses compared to the likes of 'Murica, it could stunt 4k ownership growth.

Go check one out - its well worth seeing if you're passing somewhere you think might have one up and running!

Yeah I will make a point next time I'm in the city centre to have a look around to see if there are any displays running.

I thought everyone had big TV's these days? I've had my 50" plasma for 5 years now. I hate staying over at my parents, 28" looks so small :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm looking to buy a projector next year.(man cave) If decent 4K projectors become affordable i may look into getting one.

(I know nothing about projectors at the moment, i'm going to do some research after Christmas)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Damn. Now I really want to see a 4k projector :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn. Now I really want to see a 4k projector :)

I really want to see the price of one! :eek: My 1080p projector a couple of months ago costed a small fortune.
  • Options
    jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Digital Foundry have said that Ryse is the best looking game on either console.

We're at launch, there will be games that look better on the ps4 more in the future, but at the moment I'd have to agree with others and say that the graphics shown on both consoles are not a huge step like some were expecting.

Battleifield 4 is a huge step up from 360/PS3. Ryse runs at sub 30fps but looks graphically excellent. Forza looks good too but appears to have Aliasing issues (as well as micro transaction issues!).

Call of Duty ghosts can't really be taken into account. Its a slightly upgraded version of a years old engine.

When the next wave of next gen ONLY games come out then a difference may or may not become apparent. Until then it's just all guess work.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it true that the Xbone camera is permanently on?
    No. You can unplug it if you want.
  • Options
    gamez-fangamez-fan Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I think buyers of the Xbox One console that were buying it for themselves should have waited to see which had the better graphics.

Call me silly but i'll buy the console with the better games :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member

The difference must not be visible, or people wouldn't be saying that.