Options

Gemma's ego..

I would imagine apart from the food situation, Gemma left because of her ego and the fact she wasn't being picked to go in to the main camp. As a TOWIE watcher, anyone that calls themselves by their initials only, thinks themselves something special, especially someone that is a self confessed diva won't like the fact that a 50 something year old woman from a 80's sitcom was chosen before her. She thought she would be lording it up in the main camp, holding court, swimming in the jungle pool, but lying on the floor with Craig Charles putting her ego in perspective (starving children in Africa), she wasn't getting the attention she craves.

To her I would imagine it is like not getting picked for a sports team at school all over again.

Comments

• Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would imagine apart from the food situation, Gemma left because of her ego and the fact she wasn't being picked to go in to the main camp. As a TOWIE watcher, anyone that calls themselves by their initials only, thinks themselves something special, especially someone that is a self confessed diva won't like the fact that a 50 something year old woman from a 80's sitcom was chosen before her. She thought she would be lording it up in the main camp, holding court, swimming in the jungle pool, but lying on the floor with Craig Charles putting her ego in perspective (starving children in Africa), she wasn't getting the attention she craves.

To her I would imagine it is like not getting picked for a sports team at school all over again.

You could be right I was amazed at her age she behaved like a teenager !
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,592
    Forum Member
    Never mind. She can now branch out in a new career as a Vanessa Feltz lookalike.
  • Options
    greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She knew what to expect in there, what a drama queen. Please don't think she is representative of Essex Girls, she's so not!
  • Options
    notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought she would have had more spunk than this.....what a naive and stupid woman she is.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She actually left AFTER being chosen to go to the main camp
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Never mind. She can now branch out in a new career as a Vanessa Feltz lookalike.

Poor Vanessa! Vanessa can be quite attractive, Gemma is not a well favoured girl, I'm afraid.
  • Options
    daicolldaicoll Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Her ego will shot to pieces when she starts reading all the comments about her over the last couple of days
  • Options
    theidtheid Posts: 6,060
    Forum Member
    daicoll wrote: »
    Her ego will shot to pieces when she starts reading all the comments about her over the last couple of days

Read?
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This silly girl will probably spend the next week or so telling an extremely bored world - 'I have to be me.'

Without exception, I always wish that anyone who utters these shallow words was someone else. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    Gemma's ego ..................bigger than her backside
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »

She did. Her leaving clearly had nothing to do with not being picked. She simply couldn't hack it but still tried to get her life changing mantra in at her interview on the after show ^_^ Judging by the reaction on here and on the show no one is buying it :cool:
  • Options
    Black BoxBlack Box Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Argent118 wrote: »
    Poor Vanessa! Vanessa can be quite attractive.

To who, Stevie Wonder?
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Nope. Just couldn't hack. Said it herself in so many words.
  • Options
    cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cynic in me would say this was always her plan?
    Get a few days publicity for whatever her next venture is in January (when she's admitted she will be able to face the cameras again) and get the public to love her bold, bubbly personality. Only problem is she's not well liked because she really has an irritating & egotistical personality.
  • Options
    sulasula Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    cezzy wrote: »
    Get a few days publicity for whatever her next venture is in January (when she's admitted she will be able to face the cameras again) and get the public to love her bold, bubbly personality. Only problem is she's not well liked because she really has an irritating & egotistical personality.

I think she'll struggle to get the public back on side. I agree that this seemed very calculated, as if she thought she'd do the minimum necessary and then scarper with her fee.

A thoroughly unlikeable woman.
  • Options
    JennyukJennyuk Posts: 20,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing how she has an event/award ceremony organised for this Saturday where she is the presenter.

http://bgpmagazine.co.uk/british-plus-size-awards-announce-they-have-added-a-new-presenter-for-2014/

British Plus Size Awards 2014 have announced that they are adding a fabulous new presenter to present with Gemma Collins for 2014,

http://www.britishplussizeawards.co.uk/

British Plus Size Awards Ceremony 2014 on Saturday 22nd November at Radisson Portman Blu Hotel
  • Options
    treetreetreetree Posts: 1,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennyuk wrote: »
    Amazing how she has an event/award ceremony organised for this Saturday where she is the presenter.

http://bgpmagazine.co.uk/british-plus-size-awards-announce-they-have-added-a-new-presenter-for-2014/

British Plus Size Awards 2014 have announced that they are adding a fabulous new presenter to present with Gemma Collins for 2014,

http://www.britishplussizeawards.co.uk/

British Plus Size Awards Ceremony 2014 on Saturday 22nd November at Radisson Portman Blu Hotel

now that will be interesting to see if she would turn up for that
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »

Imagine how pissed off the rest of the camp and slammer would be.
  • Options
    Kayjay2405Kayjay2405 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't bear Gemma Collins before this, and dislike her even more now. The plus size awards gig has been arranged for ages, so the cynical one in me thinks that the producers knew she would have to leave, but thought having her in for the first few days was worth it in terms of publicity she would generate. All she's done is to show her real personality - and not a nice one - I hope she disappears into obscurity but sadly I don't think she will.
  • Options
    scout2006scout2006 Posts: 7,084
    Forum Member
    cezzy wrote: »

Me too. I don't think she had any intention of toughing it out. I think her ego was bruised from the off, when she found herself in the "unpopular" group banished to the slammer. She probably thought her meltdown in the helicopter would result in the producers relenting and putting her in the main camp and when that didn't happen she must have realised that ITV were not going to play favourites with her the way they did with Mark Wright and Joey Essex. She was obviously ravenous for airtime and overestimated her popularity with the public and the producers.
    I'm glad she's out, I found her tiresome in the extreme.
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would she be double booked?? :confused:

The other event were, surely, selling tickets under false pretences- their 'star' presenter was in the jungle !!

I am sure her exit will be a disappointment to those who planned to multi-vote her for all the trials :D:D
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It all looked completely fake and contrived to me so maybe it is because she had prior commitments. Good riddance . She would have ruined it for everyone else.
  • Options
    timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never having watched the TOWIE sh*t, I only knew
    of her because she was on 8 out of 10 cats a couple
    of times; where she was as thick as pigs**t and was
    all ' me,me,me ' then. So I was not surprised by her
    tantrums in the jungle, nor by her 'sudden' and of
    course 'unplanned' exit. Good riddance, the show
    will almost certainly be better now she has left!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sutie wrote: »
    This silly girl will probably spend the next week or so telling an extremely bored world - 'I have to be me.'

Without exception, I always wish that anyone who utters these shallow words was someone else. :(
    :D Ha ha, yes. I did like Ant and Dec's dry, "what exactly has she done?"
    treetree wrote: »
    now that will be interesting to see if she would turn up for that

Very odd that she has a long-standing commitment for this Saturday. If she did the minimum to get paid then flies home for another job, ITV should withhold her money.

She might not enjoy it as much as she hopes anyway. There is always the chance she will be booed.
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Despite saying she wouldn't do any show like that again she made sure in her exit interview that she still wants to 'work' in television. The thought of a proper job probably sent shivers down her spine. I just wish ITV would dock her pay and send her straight home - but I bet they won't.