Rebecca Fergusons New album

jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Titled 'Freedom' will be released on Dec 2. Should be interesting.

Comments

• fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Shocked nobody else has replied to this. They're all Little Mix/One Direction/Alex Burke/Matt Cardle/Leona Lewis fans on here. Everyone else doesn't get much said about them.

I am personally really excited. Nothing's Real But Love has been on my playlist since its release. Such a tune. But I am a bit nervous. 2nd albums usually do worse than the 1st ones. Rebecca had the advantage at the time coming straight out of the XF, people still remembered her. And although her first album has achieved moderate success and critical acclaim, people haven't heard much of her since then. I hope Simon gets some good PR going for her.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am excited as loved her last album but thought she said she was giving up music :confused:
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shocked nobody else has replied to this. They're all Little Mix/One Direction/Alex Burke/Matt Cardle/Leona Lewis fans on here. Everyone else doesn't get much said about them.

I am personally really excited. Nothing's Real But Love has been on my playlist since its release. Such a tune. But I am a bit nervous. 2nd albums usually do worse than the 1st ones. Rebecca had the advantage at the time coming straight out of the XF, people still remembered her. And although her first album has achieved moderate success and critical acclaim, people haven't heard much of her since then. I hope Simon gets some good PR going for her.

Agree with you there. I must be in the minority not being keen on Little Mix or One Direction. Much prefer single artists, and looking forward to hearing what Rebecca's album will be like.
  • Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worst. Release. Date. Ever!
    Forum Member
    Worst. Release. Date. Ever!

Why? She'll be in time for the festive season before all the other Christmas albums are out. Her records are perfect for Xmas anyway.
  • manderleymanderley Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I posted about release of new album last week on Rebecca's appreciation thread but there was little response. This is normal as not many people contribute to her thread.

I think that most people who are now interested in her music are not X Factor fans which probably explains why she did not react to being left out of the "mash up."

I look forward to the release of the new album with a little trepidation as I hope it will be of the same high standard as her debut.

By the way, the release date of her first album was 5th December 2011 and sold really well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    manderley wrote: »
    I posted about release of new album last week on Rebecca's appreciation thread but there was little response. This is normal as not many people contribute to her thread.

I think that most people who are now interested in her music are not X Factor fans which probably explains why she did not react to being left out of the "mash up."

I look forward to the release of the new album with a little trepidation as I hope it will be of the same high standard as her debut.

By the way, the release date of her first album was 5th December 2011 and sold really well.

I think that you are right there as she has a very big following on both her Twitter and Facebook pages.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with you there. I must be in the minority not being keen on Little Mix or One Direction. Much prefer single artists, and looking forward to hearing what Rebecca's album will be like.

Me too. I just can't get invested in groups. I haven't voted for a group in 10 years of watching the show.

I look forward to hearing Rebecca's album. I have been interested in this album since her interview at the Brits.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is one the best solo acts to come out of the X Factor in my opinion. You see so many good solo vocalists on TV shows these days that not many really get me excited, if you played audio clips of their auditions back to back you probably couldn't tell most apart. The likes of Ella in the past few years haven't done anything for me at all - boring. There is something a bit special about Ferguson's voice though. Look forward to listening to this 2nd album.

Wouldn't hold your breathe for it selling as well as the first though, she isn't going to get as much promotion now the X Factor tag has worn off a bit. She could do with another strong lead single like Backtrack to get some radio interest, otherwise I fear it could go largely unnoticed. :(

- tim
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What Rebecca does has is a very distinctive voice, and does'nt sound similar to anyone else (thank goodness) which is to her advantage.
  • Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will get lost in the vast amount of albums released around the same time.
    It's career suicide to put it out then as there's way too many "Greatest HIts" and Christmas albums all vying for the December pay packet.

Hopefully her label will give it a big push in 2014 but she'd have received more attention releasing on January the 6th.
    Why? She'll be in time for the festive season before all the other Christmas albums are out. Her records are perfect for Xmas anyway.
  • manderleymanderley Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will get lost in the vast amount of albums released around the same time.
    It's career suicide to put it out then as there's way too many "Greatest HIts" and Christmas albums all vying for the December pay packet.

Hopefully her label will give it a big push in 2014 but she'd have received more attention releasing on January the 6th.

As I have previously posted, the release date for her debut album was 5th December 2011 and that proved to be successful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it will be successful as she has a big fanbase.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member

No. We all already know about it as we see her twitter and on the DS music website section. And some of us plan to buy it so...hmm. :p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    No. We all already know about it as we see her twitter and on the DS music website section. And some of us plan to buy it so...hmm. :p:D

Good to hear.
    Forum Member
    iseloid wrote: »

Iseloid but we're not the only people in Britain lest you forget. There is huge chunk of British society not on DS nor Twitter and they're also people who buy records. The majority of sales are coming from those casual listeners who aren't on Twitter/infrequent visitors of Twitter/haven't like Rebec's fanpage. :p:p:p How would they know about it then?
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Iseloid but we're not the only people in Britain lest you forget. There is huge chunk of British society not on DS nor Twitter and they're also people who buy records. The majority of sales are coming from those casual listeners who aren't on Twitter/infrequent visitors of Twitter/haven't like Rebec's fanpage. :p:p:p How would they know about it then?

:p:p:p:p

Yeah. She does need a lot of promotion. Mainstream radio sleeps on her although AC radio kept Heaven selling.
  • konofiliuskonofilius Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2nd December. Its Britney birthday :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Rebecca and can't wait for the new album. Wishing her the best with it. :)
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to it.:)
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I absolutely adore Rebecca, I can't wait! :)
  • Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    Titled 'Freedom' will be released on Dec 2. Should be interesting.

Good title in light of her rather acrimonious split from Modest - expecting a bit of fire and fury in some of the songs.