Waiting for Chryed to Get It On - Christian & Syed (Part 267)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,511
Administrator
I have not had sex, but this still very hard to believe. Yes I've seen the flirting.

When Danny tries to kiss him, Syed rejects it twice, I think without much conviction, but when the light turns Massod are about to kiss. Additionally the
Syed reaction to punch him is typical of someone who would have said the
truth and did not like to hear.
Now as an "excuse" to say who is married .....
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1747340

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,727
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Yay! New thread!

Congratulations coulditbemagic!! :D
    • elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Congrats on the OP! :D
    • MrsPartridgeMrsPartridge Posts: 14,000
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Congrats on the OP coulditbemagic:)
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,165
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Congratulations on the OP coulditbemagic(shouldn't really be here:o;))

Hi everyone:)
    • starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Hello Part 267 and Congrats to coulditbemagic! :D

Have already been online far more than I should this morning so can't stick around.....but will pop on tonight I expect. x Speak later all. x :)
    • who me?who me? Posts: 17,195
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Tape‏@tapetheplay

"Stick around after tomorrow's matinée for Q&A with the cast. Can't make it in person? Ask questions @tapetheplay and we'll get them answered."

https://twitter.com/tapetheplay

I do wish I still lived in London sometimes! Lucky anyone who can go.:)
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      who me? wrote: »
      Tape‏@tapetheplay

"Stick around after tomorrow's matinée for Q&A with the cast. Can't make it in person? Ask questions @tapetheplay and we'll get them answered."

https://twitter.com/tapetheplay

I do wish I still lived in London sometimes! Lucky anyone who can go.:)

Thanks for this:)

It's a shame you can't go.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Wow another part of the thread.....I guess it will be the last one....or will that depend on how chatty we all are in the next few weeks.....:D
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Thanks for this:)

It's a shame you can't go.

Hey Mrs P :) It is.:( I sent some questions though.

My third one should have been; 'can Marc come to my house to answer them please?'.;):D
    • jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Congrats on OP coulditbemagic :)

Thanks for the Q&A info who me. I wish I lived in London as well! Though I consider myself really lucky that I got to see the play at all :)
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Hey Mrs P :) It is.:( I sent some questions though.

My third one should have been; 'can Marc come to my house to answer them please?'.;):D

Haha:D
      jenn123 wrote: »
      Congrats on OP coulditbemagic

Thanks for the Q&A info who me. I wish I lived in London as well! Though I consider myself really lucky that I got to see the play at all :)

Don't get me started on that one:sleep::rolleyes::)

Can't wait to see the play next weekend:)
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Congrats on OP coulditbemagic :)

Yes, me too.:D
      Haha:D

Lucky you I hope you have a brilliant time.:)
      Forum Member
      ✭✭

Lucky you I hope you have a brilliant time.:)

Thank you:)
      Forum Member
      ✭✭

Haha, me neither :sleep:

Glad you're getting to see it! Have a great time :)

Waiting for a time when I have the courage (and money :sleep:) to move there!
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Haha, me neither :sleep:

Glad you're getting to see it! Have a great time :)

Waiting for a time when I have the courage (and money :sleep:) to move there!

Thank you:) I think I will;)

Thanks for the screencaps. Can't open the last one:cry:
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Thank you:) I think I will;)

Thanks for the screencaps. Can't open the last one:cry:

You definitely will :cool:

It's hard to look at... :cry: *squishes Christian tightly*
    • ardchoileardchoile Posts: 17,339
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Jenn - just wanted to say thanks again for all the screencaps you do.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      ardchoile wrote: »
      Jenn - just wanted to say thanks again for all the screencaps you do.

You're more then welcome! :D
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,165
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I was looking at Lyra's post on the previous part (shame you can't quote across parts:() and I found it really interesting. I agree that Danny represents one side of Syed's character (as did Amira, I think) - i.e. the need to be successful, have 'nice things' etc. - and that Syed is attracted to that kind of idea (success for Syed, I think, rather than pure materialism) and, therefore, the sort of people that share that same idea. However, I think that Syed also needs family, he needs the love and emotional support that comes with that kind of structure, which is why he wanted to come back to his family - he didn't enjoy the 'high life' without them, it seems. And that is where Christian comes in and why Danny could never be enough for Syed. Syed is not entirely like Danny (or Amira), he needs and desires the kindness, love and support that a partner like Christian could only give him. Christian isn't interested in measuring success, he is more interest in people - and the connections made between people, and so is Syed (not just Christian, but his brother, his mother, Yasmin). So, I agree that Syed dreams of penthouses (or whatever), but he is not interested in them without his family or without the love, kindness, fun, care free qualities that he adores in Christian, and that Danny just doesn't have. I'm gabbling a bit, but hopefully this makes some kind of sense:D

And, I agree, with Lyra in that I don't think Christian minds Syed chasing success, but not at any cost - he has moral limits (I think Syed respects and loves that too:))
    • KBambiKBambi Posts: 3,425
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Afternoon.

Thank you Jenn for the screencaps :)
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Thanks for the gif and caps Jenn :)
      I was looking at Lyra's post on the previous part (shame you can't quote across parts:() and I found it really interesting. I agree that Danny represents one side of Syed's character (as did Amira, I think) - i.e. the need to be successful, have 'nice things' etc. - and that Syed is attracted to that kind of idea (success for Syed, I think, rather than pure materialism) and, therefore, the sort of people that share that same idea. However, I think that Syed also needs family, he needs the love and emotional support that comes with that kind of structure, which is why he wanted to come back to his family - he didn't enjoy the 'high life' without them, it seems. And that is where Christian comes in and why Danny could never be enough for Syed. Syed is not entirely like Danny (or Amira), he needs and desires the kindness, love and support that a partner like Christian could only give him. Christian isn't interested in measuring success, he is more interest in people - and the connections made between people, and so is Syed (not just Christian, but his brother, his mother, Yasmin). So, I agree that Syed dreams of penthouses (or whatever), but he is not interested in them without his family or without the love, kindness, fun, care free qualities that he adores in Christian, and that Danny just doesn't have. I'm gabbling a bit, but hopefully this makes some kind of sense:D

And, I agree, with Lyra in that I don't think Christian minds Syed chasing success, but not at any cost - he has moral limits (I think Syed respects and loves that too:))

Ooh i like this! I do think that Syed craves success, as does everyone. A lot of this may be cultural as well, not to mention Zainab's expectations. I think Danny brought all of Syed's doubts and confusion to life in a way; they've probably been present for some time but he was maybe able to compartmentalise them and not focus on them too much.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,727
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

This post? Thankyou. :o Seems like I'm hardly on here now but you're right, Syed needs that unit around him. Yet Syed's tendency to conceal things and and Christian's insecurities play off each other and tend to become exaggerated when they're both under stress and revert to type. There are trust issues but I kind of feel Syed is concealing things because he doesn't want to lose Christian and yet because that plays to Christian's insecurities, he may end up doing so anyway.

Thank you for the screencap! :D
    This discussion has been closed.