Options

H.P. in HD - where is he?

So I was settling down tonight to watch Harry Potter in HD, but when I came to watch it I got the very frustrating message of "Item of HD content is not available". I checked all the Harry P. films and got the same message. Turned the machine off and on again (and did that whole waiting game while the machine decides to respond) but still nothing.

I don't understand. I have T+ connected via HDMI, internet has been running painfully slow recently, which judging from previous posts on here should mean that the films were downloading.
I keep all kit turned off over night and when I'm at work, but I have it on standby whenever I'm at home as I use the broadband a lot. To be honest I don't often use the TV service as the channels and VOD content are pretty mediocre, I just stick to freeview. But the machine is on standby because of the broadband and still whirrs away, so I assume that it's doing something and should have had plenty of standby time to download (judging by the time my PS3 downloads HD movies).

Any thoughts? Can I check to see if there films are there? How long do they take to download? If I missed the download window, does that mean I have to go without?

Thanks for any insight (and this is not meant to be a Tiscali bashing post, their service is cheap and cheerful and does exactly what I want it to do - mostly).

Comments

• Options
    Paper DollPaper Doll Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HD is not available on Tiscali (soon to be renamed Talk Talk) yet.
  • Options
    parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe they had some trial downloads of HP in HD but I didn't get involved as I don't have HD TV.

parthena
  • Options
    hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1174873
    Where one person gotHD working, seems until BT and talktalk gets ADSL2+ and better broadband bandwidth working, HD programmes over IPTV have to be preordered and downloaded beforehand at quiet times onto the hard drive! Not ideal!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Paper Doll wrote: »
    HD is not available on Tiscali (soon to be renamed Talk Talk) yet.

But there is a whole section on Movies Now for Harry Potter in HD. Besides, someone in a post that hansolo linked to above seems to have watched the errant films, so it must have worked for some people.

Still highly confused. If I need to preorder and wait for it to download then fine, that's what you have to do with the PS3. I agree that pre-ordering is not not ideal but all it really requires is a bit of planning. However, there isn't even an option to pre-order.
  • Options
    iabw12iabw12 Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    I was going through the EPG last night and saw an item (in the trailers box that appears) which said that on-demand an movies were now available in HD and I should press green to see if my TV and settings were correct. I was guided through to TV settings and got blurb about having an HD television plus HDMI cable - all of which I have. For the life of me I couldn't find anything listed (apart from H Potter) indicating HD content, so I went back to the trailers and flicked through until I came to the relevant portion, and it definitely said on-demand and movies in HD. Am confused .....
  • Options
    ZapomaticZapomatic Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the moment it's only Harry Potter in HD. The trailer we're talking about aludes to there being more but I guess that'll come once they're done with Harry Potter.