How much do you pay for your lecky?

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We pay £21 per month in a 1 bed flat with British Gas. We were paying £40 last year and we built up almost £300 I think it was of excess which we got back off them. We only have electricity as well, we don't have gas. The woman at British Gas did tell us never to move.

We keep it low by not having any heating in our flat as it doesn't work (it's storage heaters but when we put them on once we realised there was absolutely no heat coming out of them) so we don't use it. We have a little electric heater which we use in the living room and when it's very very cold we sleep in there and not in the bedroom which we actually prefer anyway as it's a much nicer room. There's only two of us as well and it's rare that one of us would be in a room without the other so we only have 1 lot of lights on, 1 telly on etc..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We pay £14 per month for electric and £29 per month for gas, with EDF Energy and both are in credit after receiving our latest bill last month.

Gas central heating, electric for everything else in a 2 bedroom semi detached house.
  • fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good god, looking at some of the figures on here, I think we must have a bloody leak!
  • KaliMistKaliMist Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member
    £55 per month by DD for a 3 bedroom semi, gas is almost triple that though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our bills are enormous! We just received the latest for the last quarter, and it was £829. For the whole year it'll be about £2,500. We live in a rural location with no mains Gas, so being all electric costs a fortune.

Have you ever considered LBG gas? Its meant to be quite reasonable.

http://www.flogas.co.uk/68/new-to-lpg
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you ever considered LBG gas? Its meant to be quite reasonable.

http://www.flogas.co.uk/68/new-to-lpg

We have LPG piped in for cooking on the hob. We did this because being rurally situated, we are prone to powercuts. It got a bit desperate not being able to cook things so we can at least do that now, and boil water for coffee etc. And we have a coal fire we use in the winter as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KaliMist wrote: »
    £55 per month by DD for a 3 bedroom semi, gas is almost triple that though.
    Please don't tell me you pay £155 a month for gas in a 3-bedder? :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I pay around £120 a quarter (2 bed house) sometimes less. I only pay for what I use, and refuse to go direct debit. I have checked a lot of other tarrifs and my Kwh seem to be the lowest, regardless of what the say on the door when they knock. I don't keep an eye on what is on in my house either, so my computer is on or on standby, router on all the time, 2 x tv's on or standby, sky box 24/7, and far far too many lights in my kitchen and every day either dishwasher or washing machine is on. so I don't think I do too bad.

Gas on the other hand, in the summer I pay around £20 a quarter, and around £100 a quarter in the winter.
  • Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I pay a fixed amount every month, but the amount I've been charged, over the last year, is about £170.
  • izanamiizanami Posts: 2,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I currently pay £77 per month for lecky but some of that is because they didn't read the meter for almost a year so had been undercharging us.

About £30/£40 per month for gas.

(3 bed semi)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on a pre-pay meter and spend between £50-£60 a month.
    That's TV's and laptops on a lot of the time and the tumble dryer in winter.

Heating and cooking is by gas and that is pre-pay and at the moment, because it's warm, £5-7 a week

In summer I can get away with £3
    In winter for a few weeks when it's freezing at least £20 a week

Oh, it's a 4 bed house, central heating and double glazing, cavity wall insulation and loft insulation.
  • El GuapoEl Guapo Posts: 4,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QWERTYOP wrote: »
    Mine's gone through the roof like crazy recently (over £100p/m for my 1 bedroom flat) so I thought it might be useful for me and a few others maybe to compare.

What on earth are you powering to pay that much? We pay about £30 per month for lecky and £50 for gas.