DWTS Season 17 Cast Rumours

Comments

• fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Urghhhh! at the sound of that barrel scraping, Karma :eek:.

DWTSGossip
    ‏......... I know for a fact Sasha is not a pro this season. Maybe next season :)

Someone posting on puredwts that Sharna is back, but I can't see where they got that info. Hope it's right :)

ETA - from here https://www.rebelmouse.com/dwtsgossip/pros_returning_to_dwts_season_-233134575.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, sounds now that Sasha not completely out of the picture and Tris and Gleb remain unconfirmed. :confused:

(from puredwts .... who have it from Dwtsgossip...:p)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    Oh, sounds now that Sasha not completely out of the picture and Tris and Gleb remain unconfirmed. :confused:

(from puredwts .... who have it from Dwtsgossip...:p)

The rumblings today are that Tris is the 2nd to last pro confirmed, in the line up, still it is only rumblings, no news about Gleb.
  • kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chelsie just confirmed on tweeter that she won't be a pro this season

@chelsiehightowr: To answer all the questions I will not be on this upcoming season of dwts unfortunately. Thanks for all the continual love and support! 😘😘😘
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    New names include Amber Riley, Leah Remini, Keyshawn Johnson, Elizabeth Berkley and Valerie Harper, who has terminal brain cancer.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/28/valerie-harper-dancing-with-the-stars-brain-cancer/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New names include Amber Riley, Leah Remini, Keyshawn Johnson, Elizabeth Berkley and Valerie Harper, who has terminal brain cancer.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/28/valerie-harper-dancing-with-the-stars-brain-cancer/

So Valerie is with Tristan.....

@DWTSGossip
    Tristan will be returning to #dwts... But Gleb is out. Hmm!

Yay! to the first part :):)......but :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: to the second :(:(
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good for Valerie for doing DWTS. It's hard physical work and won't be easy for her under the circumstances. However, she should be doing fun things now and I hope she'll enjoy the experience.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rumoured celebs

According to Daily mail there are 7 female celebrities
    • Leah Remini
    • Snooki
    • Elizabeth Berkley
    • Valerie Harper
    • Farrah Abraham
    • Amber Riley
    • Christina Millian
    3 males mentioned
    • Jack Osbourne
    • JC Chasez
    • Keyshawn Johnston

Wonder who the other 2 male pros are if this list of female is correct. Derek, Mark, Tony, Val and Tristan are confirmed. Any news if Henry is a new pro
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Add Corbin Bleu to the male list.

This will be a very competitive season if the rumours are true!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kp2ni wrote: »
    rumoured celebs

According to Daily mail there are 7 female celebrities
    • Leah Remini
    • Snooki
    • Elizabeth Berkley
    • Valerie Harper
    • Farrah Abraham
    • Amber Riley
    • Christina Millian
    3 males mentioned
    • Jack Osbourne
    • JC Chasez
    • Keyshawn Johnston

Wonder who the other 2 male pros are if this list of female is correct. Derek, Mark, Tony, Val and Tristan are confirmed. Any news if Henry is a new pro

Seems there are 6 'confirmed' female pros and 12 couples taking part so we're only waiting on one more male pro which is allegedly not Gleb :cry:. Probably Sasha or Henry...

Feel as if Tristan has been firmly and forever cast in the role of 'nurturing' pro (if the rumour mill is correct). Sigh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems there are 6 'confirmed' female pros and 12 couples taking part so we're only waiting on one more male pro which is allegedly not Gleb :cry:. Probably Sasha or Henry...

Feel as if Tristan has been firmly and forever cast in the role of 'nurturing' pro (if the rumour mill is correct). Sigh.

Unfortunately I think this will be the case wish he had got on strictly tbh. Might be 7 females and 5 males tho dwts have done this before. I like Gleb would have liked to see he with someone with promise. Bad that Daily mail has more info on dwts than strictly
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately I think this will be the case wish he had got on strictly tbh. Might be 7 females and 5 males tho dwts have done this before. I like Gleb would have liked to see he with someone with promise. Bad that Daily mail has more info on dwts than strictly

BIB - Do you mean 7 female slebs or pros? I haven't seen anything to suggest an uneven number this time. 6 female pros are supposedly in the bag and all the speculation about pro no. 12 is around Gleb/Henry/Sasha/Louis ..... and even Maks (again!!).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB - Do you mean 7 female slebs or pros? I haven't seen anything to suggest an uneven number this time. 6 female pros are supposedly in the bag and all the speculation about pro no. 12 is around Gleb/Henry/Sasha/Louis ..... and even Maks (again!!).

Haven't read anything about the pros just speculating that if (big if here) DM is right DWTS has had uneven number of pros before and before last week there was only 13 pros on strictly due to Emma being removed from site & Kevin and Anya not being confirmed yet. As far as I know DWTS get celebs first before picking the pros.

Can't see Maks coming back tbh
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Haven't read anything about the pros just speculating that if (big if here) DM is right DWTS has had uneven number of pros before and before last week there was only 13 pros on strictly due to Emma being removed from site & Kevin and Anya not being confirmed yet. As far as I know DWTS get celebs first before picking the pros.

Can't see Maks coming back tbh
    I don't know how it works on Strictly but a number of celebs on DWTS have said in the past that they requested specific pros - with whom they were then partnered. So if the celebs are given that option, it would explain why DWTS gets the celebs before deciding on the pros. It may also explain why a particular pro gets stuck in a particular pigeon-hole. For example, if Tristan is perceived as being a 'nurturing' pro for example, then Valerie might perhaps have requested to be partnered with him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @DWTSGossip 14h
    @L********9 Gleb is IN ... I got his mixed - up. Sorry!

♪ ♥ ♫ ♪ ♥ Oh, Happy Daay-a-aay!! ♥ ♪ ♫ ♥ ♪

:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @GymCastic
    We have multiple sources confirming that Gabby Douglas's deal with DWTS is being finalized this week.

Olympic gymnast
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DWTS Gossip ‏@DWTSGossip 2h
    @T_MacManusFocus I know for sure Leah, Valerie, Amber,Jack O, Snookie are IN

DWTS Gossip ‏@DWTSGossip 1h
    Told ya... :p@accesshollywood: JC Chasez: No Dancing With The Stars Or More #NSYNC Reunion Plans http://www.accesshollywood.com/jc-chasez-no-dancing-with-the-stars-or-more-nsync-reunion-plans_article_83632 …” #dwts

They were also suggesting Sasha might be In after all. Then speculating that could mean Mark was out, but he tweeted about them being 'so funny', so now don't know what to think. Could Sasha be an extra? Did they sign a celeb last minute? Is Gleb really in? (though DwtSGossip say all the pros they said are confirmed). Blimes :D:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    An article about Valerie's condition.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2405693/Valerie-Harpers-terminal-cancer-close-remission--actress-told-just-months-live.html

http://www.wetpaint.com/dancing-with-the-stars/articles/2013-08-30-season-17-val-chmerkovskiy-partner-videos?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=vrl

http://www.etonline.com/tv/137878_Cheryl_Burke_and_Karina_Smirnoff_Hint_About_DWTS_Season_17/index.html

http://www.examiner.com/article/dwts-season-17-couple-spoilers-val-chmerkovskiy-s-celebrity-partner-revealed

Swiped from the ABC boards;)

Corbin Bleu and Karina
    Jack Osbourne and Cheryl
    Amber Riley and Derek
    Valerie Harper and Tristan
    Elizabeth Berkley and Val
    Snooki and Sasha Faber

Think that Jack and Cheryl maybe right and Elizabeth and Val too, seems to be the concencus that Tris will be partnered with Valerie. Lol never heard of Corbin Bleu and at first glance thought it said Cordon Bleu:D:D
  • KiwiJayKiwiJay Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ryan O'Neal?!!!!! Karina said her partner is a Ryan...and he was rumoured for Season 13 and said he would do it in the future...otherwise Ryan Lochte?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Videos from dwts twitter with pro 'revealing' their partners :-

Cheryl

Val

Tony

Karina - it's not Ryan O'Neal
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm completely out of the loop.
    When does the new series start?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm completely out of the loop.
    When does the new series start?
    cast reveal on 4th Sep, first show 16th September.
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fab! Thankyou :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member

Swiped from the ABC boards;)

Corbin Bleu and Karina
    Jack Osbourne and Cheryl
    Amber Riley and Derek
    Valerie Harper and Tristan
    Elizabeth Berkley and Val
    Snooki and Sasha Faber

Think that Jack and Cheryl maybe right and Elizabeth and Val too, seems to be the concencus that Tris will be partnered with Valerie. Lol never heard of Corbin Bleu and at first glance thought it said Cordon Bleu:D:D

Lol on Cordon Bleu! Gabby Douglas and Christina Milan's names were in the mix. My guess is Christina Milian for Mark?

The parings seem right based on personalities. Good mix of folks and several of them have some dance background(which I like!) makes for actual good ballrom dancing:)