Options

GoggleBox- Ch4

Comments

• Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    I wonder if it's because we know them as actors that we feel they are acting, when in actual fact that is how they could really be in real life. I know Tom Ellis has young children so it could have hit him hard, not sure about Sarah though.

Yeah, you're probably right there I didn't think of it like that. Also the way the camera shot was so tight made it feel less natural too.
  • Options
    owen10owen10 Posts: 128,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So sad about the young boy who cant play football anymore at least he has got to meet David Beckham
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    Indeed.
    I wonder if Wogan and the rest of the "celebs" are getting paid for their "contributions"? If I remember correctly, he used to get a nice fat wad for that Red Nose Day/Children in Need "charidy" thing.

Of course they get their fee, which makes the whole think risible.....>:(>:( And I bet they can deduct it from tax as contribution to a charity.....
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes you wonder how much money has to go towards the cure for cancer.

I have had family and friends die through cancer...but sometimes, just sometimes, I wonder how much money do we have to ply into this disease before we actually find a cure....cancer has been around for years...and yet no cure......I'm not saying stop supporting this, but how much longer do we need to support this illness before we find a cure?
  • Options
    Zidane82Zidane82 Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    I love Becks as a player and a person but it just seems odd to see one of the world's richest people asking us to give our money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes you wonder how much money has to go towards the cure for cancer.

I have had family and friends die through cancer...but sometimes, just sometimes, I wonder how much money do we have to ply into this disease before we actually find a cure....cancer has been around for years...and yet no cure......I'm not saying stop supporting this, but how much longer do we need to support this illness before we find a cure?

Hi BG, I know exactly what you mean.... I am a born cynic and don't believe "they" want a cure for cancer to be "found" any time soon as that would mean too many people live too long, same for dementia. Ebola is keeping them happy at the mo as it is keeping the 3rd world population at bay....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zidane82 wrote: »
    I love Becks as a player and a person but it just seems odd to see one of the world's richest people asking us to give our money.

I agree, there's something vaguely obscene about it.
  • Options
    Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    Davina McCall annoys me >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Which one? Alex or Katy?
    They are both darn cute tbh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing this isn't a proper choir.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Hi BG, I know exactly what you mean....

Hey mrb.

Cancer seems to have been around forever. Will we ever find a cure? I sure hope so. But it seems relentless sometimes. We can cure other "diseases" and yet cancer seems to "dodge" investigations....
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Of course they get their fee, which makes the whole think risible.....>:(>:( And I bet they can deduct it from tax as contribution to a charity.....

Actually none of the celebrities on here i.e. Wogan or Davina etc.. are getting a fee. They have given their time free, I read this on the StandUp2Cancer website the other night...
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    I'm sure it's just a coincidence but Noel has a new single coming out that's being heavily promoted on Twitter just now, so the publicity from this is nicely timed.
  • Options
    avanneavanne Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    I wonder if it's because we know them as actors that we feel they are acting, when in actual fact that is how they could really be in real life. I know Tom Ellis has young children so it could have hit him hard, not sure about Sarah though.

I don't have children but I still hate to see them suffer, and I still feel tremendously sad for their families and how awful it must feel. I find the above statement a bit insulting to be honest. You don't have to be a parent to be moved by the suffering of children and their families.

I know you probably didn't mean any offence, but I find the idea of needing to be a parent to have any depth of feeling for children to be a bit of a constant irritant. It's a view that just seems to unconsciously crop up everywhere.
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey mrb.

Cancer seems to have been around forever. Will we ever find a cure? I sure hope so. But it seems relentless sometimes. We can cure other "diseases" and yet cancer seems to "dodge" investigations....

I would like to think we will. Though there are so many types. This year the poor girl with pancreatic cancer got all that stick. Because she said she would rather have breast cancer.
  • Options
    Omniconsumer93Omniconsumer93 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    Indeed.
    I wonder if Wogan and the rest of the "celebs" are getting paid for their "contributions"? If I remember correctly, he used to get a nice fat wad for that Red Nose Day/Children in Need "charidy" thing.

He used to get paid £9,000 for the entire night, because it was a leftover from when Children in Need wasn't a registered charity and just a telethon. However, since the DM dug it up in 2007, he has never taken a fee.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually none of the celebrities on here i.e. Wogan or Davina etc.. are getting a fee. They have given their time free, I read this on the StandUp2Cancer website the other night...

They will deduct any "fee" from their tax return (roleyes)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avanne wrote: »
    I don't have children but I still hate to see them suffer, and I still feel tremendously sad for their families and how awful it must feel. I find the above statement a bit insulting to be honest. You don't have to be a parent to be moved by the suffering of children and their families.

I know you probably didn't mean any offence, but I find the idea of needing to be a parent to have any depth of feeling for children to be a bit of a constant irritant. It's a view that just seems to unconsciously crop up everywhere.

Maybe if you read what I was replying to you would understand why I put what I did. The clip was of a little boy, Cav wasn't sure if the actors were in fact acting and I said that because Tom had children it would show he wasn't acting as it probably made him feel quite gutted.. I didn't mean in any way that you had to be a parent to have feeling, but I only mentioned it because of Tom having children.
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey mrb.

We will probably never cure cancer but treatments have come a long way since the early days, I think the best we can hope for is that we find new ways of diagnosing cancer earlier and less harsh and more reliable treatments.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think this should now go over to the t.v. show thread, http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=75239915&posted=1#post75239915 this is purely for Gogglebox and it is getting taken over by the telethon..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think this should now go over to the t.v. show thread, http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=75239915&posted=1#post75239915 this is purely for Gogglebox and it is getting taken over by the telethon..

Who gave you the Marshall badge?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Me!

Do you want it next? :p
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member

As is Gogglebox, to most people on here's dismay. I'm sure most of us would prefer to be discussing Gogglebox.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I didn't mean it how it came out, I was just saying that it would probably end up going totally off thread when there is a thread to talk about the telethon, after Gogglebox had finished.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Me!

Do you want it next? :p

:D:D:D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.