Is DS addictive?

CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
Forum Member
✭✭
Well i did a search for a thread like this, like a good newbie, couldn't find one though. So, what do people think. I only joined up a few weeks ago after years of just reading DS. Today I've spent ages on here posting all over the place. Do others suffer this affliction, if so how long will it last? Am I doomed? :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, absolutely...

Now im trying to take people's attention to my moscow thread, for example
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    levaniX wrote: »
    Yes, absolutely...

Now im trying to take people's attention to my moscow thread, for example

I think I'm a bit of a thread killer for some reason, lol. When i post on a thread it seems to stop dead in a lot of cases, lol! I will head over to your Moscow thread and have a look. :D
  • DoctorQuiDoctorQui Posts: 6,428
    Forum Member
    Creamtea wrote: »
    I think I'm a bit of a thread killer for some reason, lol. When i post on a thread it seems to stop dead in a lot of cases, lol! I will head over to your Moscow thread and have a look. :D

I thought that was me:D

Yes OP, DS is addictive, it becomes a bit of a community after a while, and if you post in a subject specific forum, yo tend to make some quite interesting acquaintences.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I go through phases of posting on here. I'm in a bit of a phase at the moment as I'm off work sick and bored to death.

I often lurk though - it is a bit addictive I think :o
  • Miriams SisterMiriams Sister Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member

If you want to be liked on here NEVER use the :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But that's my favourite part! :cry: How else can i show my disdain for moronic stuff?! :D I'm not after being liked anyway. I'm also more interested in the debate than what I think about some random individuals online persona.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not been here long, and I've been on a fair bit recently as I've been ill, and it passes the time.

I have to say the novelty is starting to wear off now, and I just pop on now and then. Especially if I'm online anyway on MSN or replying to emails

I've spoken to some nice people, and had some lovely PM's so that's why I've logged on sometimes to be honest, and then a thread catches my eye.

When I'm back at work I wont have much time to get on ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cutecheeks wrote: »
    I've not been here long, and I've been on a fair bit recently as I've been ill, and it passes the time.

I have to say the novelty is starting to wear off now, and I just pop on now and then. Especially if I'm online anyway on MSN or replying to emails

I've spoken to some nice people, and had some lovely PM's so that's why I've logged on sometimes to be honest, and then a thread catches my eye.

When I'm back at work I wont have much time to get on ;)

That's good to know, i'll keep the faith! :D
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But that's my favourite part! :cry: How else can i show my disdain for moronic stuff?! :D I'm not after being liked anyway. I'm also more interested in the debate than what I think about some random individuals online persona.

If it's debate you're interested in, then using the rolleyes is even MORE of a no-no.
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It depends if there's a few good threads.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    If it's debate you're interested in, then using the rolleyes is even MORE of a no-no.

Well i have used the :rolleyes: a handful of times but only when a post is patronising/confrontational. I will ration them down to an absolute minimum from now on!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member

:rolleyes: as if.

:D:D:D

The thing about DS, and what keeps it addictive, is that within one week of reading/posting you can be infuriated, entertained, angry, annoyed, laughing like mad, impressed with some posters intelligence and stunned by the stupidity of others all within that week, often in the same day and sometimes all at the same time :D

Get stuck in, give your opinions, don't let annoying posters get to you, don't get pissed off when others disagree with your opinions and all will be well with the World.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :rolleyes: as if.

:D:D:D

The thing about DS, and what keeps it addictive, is that within one week of reading/posting you can be infuriated, entertained, angry, annoyed, laughing like mad, impressed with some posters intelligence and stunned by the stupidity of others all within that week, often in the same day and sometimes all at the same time :D

Get stuck in, give your opinions, don't let annoying posters get to you, don't get pissed off when others disagree with your opinions and all will be well with the World.

I have started to get quite bold in a couple of threads. Felt guilty after though and luckily managed to resolve minor spats with a couple of posters quite well. So when I say i'm not bothered about being liked I'm obviously talking rot!! :D
  • *weeschmoo**weeschmoo* Posts: 9,713
    Forum Member
    I think so, I was more addicted when I first joined than I am now though, it's more nosiness that keeps me coming back, it's sorta like trainspotting in a way. I did get a bit unnerved for a while when it suddenly struck me how many people could read my words of wisdom - I still do sometimes but I don't care so much now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think so, I was more addicted when I first joined than I am now though, it's more nosiness that keeps me coming back, it's sorta like trainspotting in a way. I did get a bit unnerved for a while when it suddenly struck me how many people could read my words of wisdom - I still do sometimes but I don't care so much now.

I don't intend to get too detailed about my life. The thought of hundreds of complete strangers knowing everything about me is too weird!
  • Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can I be Begbie? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiffy78 wrote: »
    Can I be Begbie? :D

Only if I can be SickBoy!!! :D
    Forum Member
    I have started to get quite bold in a couple of threads. Felt guilty after though and luckily managed to resolve minor spats with a couple of posters quite well. So when I say i'm not bothered about being liked I'm obviously talking rot!! :D

Wee spats are normal. I've had major disagreements with some, then on other threads agreed entirely with their opinions. The only ones you have to watch out for are the occasional trolls out to get a reaction rather than enter a decent debate. You can usually spot them after just a few posts, but not all the time. The type that pop into a thread, pick up on one of your posts and then start having digs and trying to pick apart everything you then say. If you don't rise to it they bugger off as quickly as they arrived, but if you do give them the reaction that they want they try and bait you into saying something they can then report you for. A bit sad really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wee spats are normal. I've had major disagreements with some, then on other threads agreed entirely with their opinions. The only ones you have to watch out for are the occasional trolls out to get a reaction rather than enter a decent debate. You can usually spot them after just a few posts, but not all the time. The type that pop into a thread, pick up on one of your posts and then start having digs and trying to pick apart everything you then say. If you don't rise to it they bugger off as quickly as they arrived, but if you do give them the reaction that they want they try and bait you into saying something they can then report you for. A bit sad really.

Being a long time lurker I pretty much recognise the Troll. I have ventured onto the politics forum today, which i thought was quite brave, and i seem to have come out of that completely unscathed! :D Don't think i'll be posting there that often though.
    Forum Member
    Being a long time lurker I pretty much recognise the Troll. I have ventured onto the politics forum today, which i thought was quite brave, and i seem to have come out of that completely unscathed! :D Don't think i'll be posting there that often though.

Try the showbiz forum, especially when something like big brother is on. Some in there are seriously unhinged. :D

And wait till you get your first stalker, that's fun.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,664
    Forum Member
    its a ok forum, a light one, not like the others i use, it passes the time and has mostly decent people on it apart from a few who seem to be growing in numbers.
  • cheesy_pastycheesy_pasty Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use other forums more than this one. When I joined all those years back, I used to use this place quite a lot.
    I will only post now where something interests me. Before I used to post any old gibberish.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try the showbiz forum, especially when something like big brother is on. Some in there are seriously unhinged. :D

Oh I'm looking forward to the BB forums!!! :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,820
    Forum Member

7 years without a stalker. I want a refund :cry:
  • Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    7 years without a stalker. I want a refund :cry:

I'd do it but the hours are crap :D