HTC One Mini banned in UK, HTC One could follow

2»

Comments

• IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nokia's patents are more tangible, protecting such a patent is hardly trolling. Do your homework properly, then pay for any patents needed and you will be okay.
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rush wrote: »
    HTC One Mini is a great little phone, not the best time for it to get taken of the shelfs.
    What is quite worrying is that between January and September this year; HTC sold 750,000 Smartphones(70% of which was HTC One/Mini). Last year HTC sold 440,000 Smartphones between October and December, alone. Will be interesting to find how many units they have shifted between September and December this year..

This is definitely the worrying part for HTC; I wonder what their worldwide numbers have been doing?
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a supplier STMicroelectronics who made them. So maybe someone assumed they had a patent or did not need one.

All it seems to be is 2 microphones, one sensitive one for quiet sounds and another for loud sounds.
    Seems to me someone missed maying millions from Stereo Speakers, Surround Sound, Middle Woofers Sound. You name it, if anything has a common sense variation it has now become patentable.

I mentioned speakers as the process is similar. You combine different types for different volumes and/or frequencies. (eg tweeter).

What is also weird is the prior use thing. Every man and his dog could have thought of this. But prior high cost probably meant it was not implemented in phones.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UK injunction won by Nokia against HTC gets suspended.

Some common sense prevails?

http://www.gsmarena.com/the_uk_injunction_against_htc_products_won_by_nokia_gets_suspended_-news-7359.php