Incest is a fundamental right says German Ethics Council

dee123dee123 Posts: 46,257
Forum Member
Um... Okay then. I wouldn't go that far and say it's a fundamental right but if you are over 18 and both consenting who am i to tell you what to do?

Just don't talk to me about it. LOL :D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/11119062/Incest-a-fundamental-right-German-committee-says.html

Comments

• ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Ethics Council has similar views. Particularly those who live in Basildon.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Germany, the Alabama of the EU.

I'll get my coat :D
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Providing they are all over the age of consent and don't have offspring then fair enough, it's their choice.
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got told off for my views that incest between consenting adults should be decriminalised last week.

So I am saying nothing. ;-) :p
  • Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bobcar wrote: »
    Providing they are all over the age of consent and don't have offspring then fair enough, it's their choice.

Unless you ARE serious, it may have been an idea to add some kind of a smiley, in case people took you seriously.
  • DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have three sisters, I am the only boy, so yes I support this.

(Joking honest)
  • Evo102Evo102 Posts: 13,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless you ARE serious, it may have been an idea to add some kind of a smiley, in case people took you seriously.

Why don't you think the poster is serious? I'm sure a lot of us share the same view when it comes to consenting adults.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why wouldn't he be being serious?
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yuck.
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Um... Okay then. I wouldn't go that far and say it's a fundamental right but if you are over 18 and both consenting who am i to tell you what to do?

Just don't talk to me about it. LOL :D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/11119062/Incest-a-fundamental-right-German-committee-says.html

Why not?
  • Eater SundaeEater Sundae Posts: 10,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Where someone is in a position of power or influence when someone is growing up, (eg teachers), then there is protection of the younger person beyond the basic age of consent. I presume a similar situation would need to be in place in the case of incest.
  • thisthis Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Crikey reading this thread and it's coming across that there's a fair few people who wouldn't mind nobbling family members!:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    NASTY.

What nutcase would go and sleep or date their relatives?
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this wrote: »
    Crikey reading this thread and it's coming across that there's a fair few people who wouldn't mind nobbling family members!:eek:

Well, I do have a few very attractive cousins :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why would you assume that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's one hell of a leap.
    Forum Member
    I got told off for my views that incest between consenting adults should be decriminalised last week.

So I am saying nothing. ;-) :p
    Evo102 wrote: »
    Why don't you think the poster is serious? I'm sure a lot of us share the same view when it comes to consenting adults.
    stoatie wrote: »
    Why wouldn't he be being serious?
    epicurian wrote: »
    Why not?

Note that i did say coming across, I'm not saying you're practicing if you see what i mean lol
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally think there is something very very wrong with regards to close family members having sex with each other, adult or not. Particularly parents, grandparents etc. As for siblings. aren't there enough other people in the world to choose from?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Note that i did say coming across, I'm not saying you're practicing if you see what i mean lol

Er no. Still not getting your logic.

I don't eat black pudding, but that doesn't mean I want to see it outlawed. See what I'm saying?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally think there is something very very wrong with regards to close family members having sex with each other, adult or not. Particularly parents, grandparents etc. As for siblings. aren't there enough other people in the world to choose from?

But the question is should it be illegal?
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    NASTY.

What nutcase would go and sleep or date their relatives?

Only those sick in the head.
    Forum Member
    That's silly, using you're logic you'll be fine with bestiality even though you don't partake lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Explain to me how I'm coming across that way. If the people involved aren't prosecuted under that law anymore (as consenting adults), then shouldn't the law be dropped?

Or rather, even if you (or I) think that incest is gross, should those people be treated as and charged as criminals? "It's gross" shouldn't be a reason to prosecute, or persecute anyone (again I'm talking fully consenting adults).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's silly, using you're logic you'll be fine with bestiality even though you don't partake lol

Again, no. We're talking about consenting adults.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    But the question is should it be illegal?

Yes, of course it should be.